Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everlast School Destruction Sign Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

Everlast School Destruction Sign Up - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlast School Destruction Sign Up   Everlast School Destruction Sign Up - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:46 am

Look Umi, personally I don't think that Mods should be allowed to grade their own threads. Will can cause well, so far he's remained relatively detatched from the process and hasn't given himself any scores that he wouldn't give other people. Umi right now you seem very angry. I know you're not but right now your typing makes us feel like you are angry, and as such it puts me in a mood where I want to placate you. Sorry if this post sounds like I'm trying to calm down an angry person but this is just how it feels.

Winning shouldn't get you more points. I well you did winning should. If you won through intelligence and outsmarting your opponent rather than relying on just "I am stronger so I can do this" then it would be natural you would get more points. Also, even if you lost you could theoretically get more points than someone who won through brute strength.

And Umi, if everyone just ran away from a stronger opponent, well that wouldn't make a very interesting thread at all. The people roleplayed their characters fighting back because that is how their characters would react in a real situation. It's not like an MMO when a bunch of noobs lose to a level 60 character because they purposefully bit off more than they could chew. The purpose of the roleplay is that even when you lose, you win. The goal isnt points, it is story. Becoming anoher person and acting out how they would are the core essences of roleplay. Doing this while weaving an intricate story is paramount in this system.

It isn't about description and useless details of the setting. It is about characterization, especially relevant characterization. No you don't have to write your characters rection to everything that occurs. But when a significant event does occur, telling how your character rects and thinks does help.

The vivid imagery and description of place is meant to help others get in the right mood. To make decisions and actions. It is meant as a stepping stone for others to build on.

The key points in a roleplay are

1. Being original. If there is a problem or a challenge which you face you don't neccessarily have to overcome it, just so long as your attempt was brave, new, bold and exciting. Even a characters apparent loss can become epic and garner points if roleplayed properly.

2. Characterization. The key behind almost any roleplay is to create a character and roleplay their actions, reactions and thoughts as accurately as possible. By giving the character depth, history and a sense of reality, we grow attatched to them and make them better

3. Plot advancement. The purpose of a roleplay is to interact with people and create a plot using their own ideas as stepping stones, while at the same time leaving room for others to act and even creating paths for them to follow. The key difference between a roleplay and a fanfic is the interaction with other people and ideas. By interacting, a better more interesting story is created as opposed to one in which a single person designs everything.

As such of the above I believe that roleplay grades should be based upon the following; Originality (doing something unexpected, or new). Characterization (having your characters perform actions and think thoughts in line with their characters. Needless characterization must be avoided and people should wait for opportune moments to do this). Plot advancement (possibly the most important of all, creating a story and doing interesting things in accordance with the first and second bullet points. Advancing plot and changing the world, this is important).

However Umi I think you are putting too much emphasis on plot and making it count for too much in the grading system. Yes it is important but that seems to be the only parameter you are grading it on. Please consider the other two factors as well and decrease the significance of plot on the grade.

What do you say?
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

PostSubject: Re: Everlast School Destruction Sign Up   Everlast School Destruction Sign Up - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 1:18 am

The people who won get 1 extra point, that's all there is to it. No butts, no if's they get 1 more point.

(This was paragraphs long, but supporting my point and whining are the same thing to my haters, so i just changed it)
Back to top Go down
Eva

Eva

PostSubject: Re: Everlast School Destruction Sign Up   Everlast School Destruction Sign Up - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 1:45 am

I didn't expect to get points for Sai, I was lazy XP

But I am saying, yeah, Yoko won. But they weren't paticularly challenging wins. If he had faught someone who actually stood a chance and still won, he would of got more points. That is all I'm sayin'.
Back to top Go down
bex

bex

Male Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: Everlast School Destruction Sign Up   Everlast School Destruction Sign Up - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:24 am

lol damn relax,its just an rp XD.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Everlast School Destruction Sign Up   Everlast School Destruction Sign Up - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:44 am

Please link this thread when adding the upgrades to your characters.

Ken - 3 SP, 2 KP and 400,000 Drachma

Jessica - 3 SP, 3 MP and 400,000 Drachma

Rita - 5 SP, 4 KP and 600,000 Drachma.

Rose - 4 SP, 3 MP and 500,000 Drachma.

Kitty - 4 SP, 3 MP and 500,000 Drachma.

Eva - 4 SP, 3 KP and 500,000 Drachma.

Ayra - 3 SP, 2 MP and 400,000 Drachma.

Micah - 3 SP, 3 KP and 400,000 Drachma.

William - 3 SP, 3 MP and 400,000 Drachma.

Tristan - 3 SP, 2 KP and 400,000 Drachma.

Ryno - 4 SP, 3 MP and 500,000 Drachma.

Bex - 5 SP, 4 KP and 600,000 Drachma.

Larita - 4 SP, 3 MP and 500,000 Drachma.

Marie - 3 SP, 2 MP and 300,000 Drachma.

Emanuel - 3 SP, 3 MP and 400,000 Drachma.

Daisuke - 3 SP, 3 MP and 400,000 Drachma.

Sai - 2 SP, 2 MP and 200,000 Drachma.

Leila - 3 SP, 3 MP and 400,000 Drachma.

Raven - 3 SP, 2 KP and 300,000 Drachma.

Nina - 3 SP, 2 MP and 300,000 Drachma.

Mortimer - 4 SP, 4 MP and 450,000 Drachma.

Kagami - 3 SP, 3 MP and 300,000 Drachma.

Umi - 5 SP, 4 MP and 500,000 Drachma.

Yoko - 5 SP, 4 KP and 550,000 Drachma.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everlast School Destruction Sign Up   Everlast School Destruction Sign Up - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Everlast School Destruction Sign Up

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8