Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Exagerated Beginning (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samuel

Samuel

Male Posts : 40

An Exagerated Beginning (Private) Empty
PostSubject: An Exagerated Beginning (Private)   An Exagerated Beginning (Private) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Account name: Samuel

Character: Samuel

Story:

The sky was clear blue that day, except the occasional small clouds, when Samuel entered the city of Ostia. "So this is the city of Ostia..." he thought, "I should look for a job and somewhere to stay...". Because he was short on money and Ostia was the closest city, he thought it would be wise to try and get some money and supply himself with some potions. He set of looking for a job but he couldn't fiind any. When he was about to give up he spotted a sign that said "Dishwasher needed" at the entrance of a inn. This kind of job isn't quite decently paid but could he refused? He tried his best to remain unnoticed but the cloak was drawing to many eyes so he kept his head down so he wouldn't meet someone else's eyes.
The bartender of the place was a short, sturdy man with an unshaved beard, he looked quite intimidating. As he made his way through the tables, Samuel spotted a young girl at one of the tables, she must have been the waitress, but what a beauty... long brown hair, red cheeks, beautifull, sparky eyes and a petit silhouette.

Bartender: Mmmh...?
Samuel: Ah, excuse me... um, are you in need of a dishwasher?

The bartender smiled warmly and the scary aura of his faded away.

Bartender: Yes, yes, we do need. Do ya' want the job?
Samuel: Yes... Excuse me for asking but... how much is the salary?

The bartenders smile became somewhat bitter at that point.

Bartender: 5 drachma per day. Take it or leave it.
Samuel: That would be great.
Bartender (somewhat surprised): Don't you want more?
Samuel: I'm not in the position to argue.
Bartender: Very well than, but lemme ask ya' something, whats with the cloak?
Samuel: It's complicated...
Bartender: I see... (He tries to make it like he understands but by his face he doesn't get it)
Samuel (waiting for orders): ...
Bartender: Mmmh... Ah, yes, go in the back, the cook will tell you what to do.

As Samuel entered through the door, an abundance of smells flooded his senses, from soup to fried meat, from coocked vegetables to ornamental fruits. The cook, a tall, slim man, asked "who are you?". Before the child could respond, the bartender yelled "Jah, he's the new dishwasher!".

Jah: About time, the dishes are over there (he points at a mountain of dirty dishes), better get started.
Samuel: Yes.

Nigth came, and so, more customers. The inn became noisier, but in the kitchen, the backround sound was just the food cooking. As Samuel found out from the cook, the young waitress was the daughter of the bartender, expected, regarding the similarities in their appereances. Around midnight, the bartender called Samuel to him and gave him 5 drachmas.

Samuel (hangs his head): ...?
Bartender: What? Your job for today is done so there's your money.
Samuel: Thank you.

As Samuel walked past the door of the inn the bartender yelled: "Don't forget to come back tomorow at sunrise". At the outskirt of Ostia, the child made camp and gathered the fruits he could find, "not quite a nice supper but it should do" the boy thought. Also, to have at least a proper breakfest, he put a trap somewhere in the distance where he thought animals would come (small trap, enough to catch a rabbit maybe). The only sound that could be heard was the cracking noise of the fire burning. As he sat there, with his back supported by a tree, Samuel watched the lights of the city till he fell asleep. And so the days passed, Samuel working a day and half a night, and sleeping at the edge of the city, with nothing but the scraps the cook would give to him and the animals he occasionaly caught. At a point the bartender began to task Samuel with other things like cleaning the windows or the floors before the customers would arrive, or to make errands for the inn and so on for nearly a month.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: An Exagerated Beginning (Private)   An Exagerated Beginning (Private) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 pm

Things were pretty uneventful until one day, when Samuel was washing the dishes as usual, about six thugs entered the inn and sat at a table in the corner. They looked like troublemakers so the bartender was worried, Samuel observed that and took a moment to draw Bathin's seal on a piece of paper just in case. When he thought that things will go well a scream pierced through the inn.

Waitress: Yyyeeeek! (scream)
Bartender: Hey! What's going on?!
Thug Leader(holding the waitress and touching her... private places): Ehh... Sorry, but this girl's so cute I couldn't help it.

The other thugs were drawing their clubs and knives, ready to strike whoever opposed. Witnessing this, Samuel took a piece of chalk and started drawing a magic circle on the floor.

Thug Leader (still holding the girl): I bet you've got a lot of costumers, don't you? How about giving us the money...
Bartender: Let her go, please, she's got nothing to do with this.
Thug Leader: Well, too bad she's so cute.

The other thugs begin cornering the bartender. Just then Samuel finished the circle and began to chant. "What are you doing?" the cook wispered from his hiding place, "You'd better hide".

Samuel (chanting): I summon you demon of the abyss, rise from your prison and serve me, Bathin!

Like a shadow, Bathin rosed from the floor. "What is your will master?" Bathin said in a squeaky voice. The cook looked terrified at the little demon's sight. "Attack the thugs, just scare them but if it's necessary kill them" said Samuel to the little imp. In a glimpse, Bathin rushed on the Thug Leader and cut him with his tail right above the eyebrow.

Thug Leader (releasing the waitress): Auw! What the...?! Kill that thing!

The thugs began to chase after Bathin but because he was so small he could easily crowl between the tables and chairs. As one of the thugs moved a little closer to the bartender, Bathin jumped and tried cutting him but didn't succeded. Then, he tried to scare The Thugs Leader away from the girl and succeded in making a little cut on his leg. In the midst of this chaos, the bartender grabed her daughter's hand and hid her behind the bar. Taking advantage of this confusion, Ural (the bartender) riped the leg of one of the tables and began beating one of the thugs. Finally, the thugs retreated and ran of outside. Ural tried following them but they were quicker and outrunned him. When he came back, Jah told him what he saw Samuel doing. Upon hearing this things Ural came to the Kitchen to confont Samuel about it.

Ural: So... you're an Onmyoudo.
Samuel: Yes. I'm sorry, I shall leave if you wish.
Ural: Nonsense, you just saved my daughter, come on, I'll buy you a nice meal, It's the least I could do.

Judging from the bartenders expresion, Samuel knew that it wasn't just gratitude he was showing, he wanted something else. As Jah cooked, Ural sent his daughter for someone.

Samuel (as he was served): Please, cease with this and tell me what do you want.
Ural: .... I feel insulted! You think that only because I'm serving you a good meal means that I want something?!.
Samuel: Also you have sent your daughter to get someone...
Ural: ...
Samuel (about to leave): Farewell...
Ural: Wait! You're right, I just wanted to ask you a favor.
Samuel: And that 'someone' who is coming?
Ural: It regards my friends to, please, sit down, I need to consult some of my friends before I ask you.

In a couple of hours, these so called 'friends' of Ural showned up. Most of them were elderly so Samuel losened up a bit. As the men were talking betwen them, the bartender's daughter approached Samuel with a cup of steaming tea.

The girl: Uhm... I b-brought you some tea.
Samuel: ... Thank you.
The girl (in a shy voice): Th-thank you for earlier
Samuel: ... 'Twas nothing.
The girl: Isn't it funny?
Samuel: ?
The girl: I mean you're working here for three weeks...
Samuel: Four actually...
The girl: Oh... I-I'm Ariel.
Samuel: ... Samuel.
.................................................(Awkward Silence)
Ariel: S-so you're an adventurer, right?
Samuel: Kind of...
Ariel: And you travel from town to town to fight monsters and beat bad guys?
Samuel: Doesn't work that way.
Ariel (wispering to herself): I bet you broke a lot of hearts...
Samuel: None 'till now.
Ariel (blushing): S-sorry.
Ural: Oy, boy, come over here!
Samuel (to Ariel): Excuse me...

As Samuel approached them, the elders studied him from head to tow.

Elder 1: Apart from the robe he doesn't look like an Onmyoudo.
Elder 2: And besides, he seems too young to be able to invoke something.
Ural: You have to trust me on this, that thing that I saw was pretty good.
Elder 1: Don't mock us Ural, even if we hire this kid he couldn't take down an entire band of thugs.
Samuel: Wait, you want me to beat up a band of thugs?
Ural: Yes, and we shall pay you greatly.
Samuel: If you do pay greatly for this service why don't you hire a more capable man.
Ural: ... Because we don't pay that greatly.
Samuel: Aha... How much are we talking about here?
Ural: About 1000 drachmas.
Samuel (thinking): ...
Ural: Well? Are you gonna accept?
Elder 2: Forget it Ural, even if he would accept we would make a big mistake.
Samuel: Have you tried the authorities?
Elder 1: Yeah, but it's useless, their too afraid to intervene.
Samuel: ... Could you show me where is their base?
Ural: Sure. Does this mean you'll accept?
Samuel: ... I will try to find a way, but it's probable I'll need help.
Elder 2: What? But we don't have any money to pay anyone else.
Samuel: You will do.
Elder 1: What? But we're old and weak...
Samuel: It does not matter, we will find a way, that is if you wish to get rid of them of course.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: An Exagerated Beginning (Private)   An Exagerated Beginning (Private) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:05 pm

The argues stopped and Ural voluntered to take the boy to the thug's base. Their base was an old, three floored house situated at the edge of the city. Samuel found that the building had 2 entrances:the front door and a back door. "Where does that back door lead to?" asked Samuel. "I think in a storeroom" replied Ural. And upon a closer examination, the boy observed that four, possibly five wooden columns supports the building and only the facade of the building has windows. "It must've been some kind of pub" said Samuel, "It was, before it went bankrupt" replied Ural, "How many are there inside?", "About twenty". The two wandered a little around the building and eventualy Samuel had figured out a way to defeat them.
Once back to the inn, Samuel explained his plan to the elders.

Samuel: Listen to me, this is my plan. We're going to blast their base and then we will kill the remaining thugs.
...................................(Argues)
Samuel: Calm down. Now we're going to use part of the money you gathered to buy explosives which we will put them at the base of the columns supporting the building. The columns are situated at the corners of the building so their accesible from the outside as well. To keep everyone distracted, you will start a riot...
...................................(More Argues)
Elder 1: You're crazy, we aren't going to risk our lives for this.
Elder 2: We paid you to take care of them, we aren't going to...
Samuel (Nervous): Silence!...(Silence)... I didn't said I will accept in the first place, but I'm not going to abbandon you either, so I'm going to help you instead to resolve this.
..................................(No Argues)
Samuel (Calm): As I was saying, you will start a riot to distract them. In the meantime, three of you will plant each one a bomb and detonate it on my signal. I will plant a bomb on the column inside the storehouse and when all the bombs are in place, I shall use my demon to cause trouble inside so if there are any thugs outside they will come inside to see what's going on and then we will detonate. As for the rest of the thugs that escaped you shall attack and kill them.

Noone was certain that this plan will work but they had no other choice, so they bought bombs and some loud firecrackers. On the day of the operation, everyone was nervous, afraid to fail and suffer the consequences, only Samuel looked calm as he was washing the dishes. Ariel suddenly approached him.

Ariel: How come you look so calm? I bet you're scared as everyone else, right?
Samuel: Why should I be scared?
Ariel: ...? Scared of beeing caught or killed.
Samuel: No, I am not.
Ariel: Ahhh... Because if something goes wrong you could flee easily, right?
Samuel: I do not intend to flee.
Ariel: Even if we win, you wouldn't win much money.
Samuel: What do you mean?
Ariel: You're an adventurer right? So when it comes to great gains you should risk your life for it, aren't all adventurers like this? So why us?
Samuel: It's not all about money.
Ariel: You're so full of hypocrisy, you know that?
Samuel: ... Do you remeber when those six thugs came and took you hostage?
Ariel: Of course I remeber.
Samuel: What would stop them from doing it again, or worse, what would stop them from kidnapping you?
Ariel (Surprised): Eh...
Samuel: What you said is partly true, it would have been more logical if behind all of this it would have been a more arrogant reason or if it would be for my own interest, but sometime this world can surprise you.
Ariel (Somewhat confused): ... Ah... Uhm.

Ariel retreats without saying anything, unsure of Samuel's words. Night has finnaly come, the moment to act was at hand. The plan was rehearsed and all had their roles. The mob was formed and all were carying torches and knives behind their backs. Before it all began, Samuel had drawn another magic circle on the floor and invoked Bathis, he prepared himself for he shall play an important role.
The mob started their role, acting violently, broking some windows and shouting. As expected, about eight thugs went out to try to deal with them, "eight thugs versus eleven of our men, slim chances of succes... for them" thought Samuel. As the thugs were distracted by the riot from the front, three of the men had silently sneaking behind them and planted the bombs, waiting the signal to light them. Samuel tried to silently break the door by removing the hinge with the help of Bathin but was unsuccesfull, so he simply broke the door. After he planted the bomb, the boy was about to send Bathin to provoke chaos within the house but before he knew it, he felt a sharp, painfull sting in the back of his abdomen. He was backstabed by a thug. Luckily, the thug didn't even noticed Bathin therefore he was stunned by his attack. Bathin succeded in making a deep cut on one of the thugs arms. Taking advantage of this, Samuel quickly chanted the invocation: "Corrupt the blood and devour the flesh, Poisonous Arrow!" and hit the thug. After that, Samuel covered the thugs mouth so he couldn't scream for help. The boy wasn't able though to keep him down but it didn't matter, because the thug collapsed thanks to the poison. After escaping from the thug, Samuel sent Bathin into the building to stir things up. As a result to Bathin's efforts, three thugs ran into the house to help catching the creature. At that point, Samuel whistled and lighted the fuse, the others ligthed the bombs and ran, but because of his wound, Samuel didn't had the time to get to safety, so he called Bathin from within the house. The demon ran to his master and, at the last moment, created the spiritual shield. When the bombs exploded, the entire house colapsed and all the thugs within the house died. The five thugs that remained outside were immediatly assaulted by the mob, three were killed while two thugs managed to escape. Samuel didn't had enough strengh left to stand because of the blood loss and fainted. When he woke up, the boy was blinded by sunlight, all his senses were warped. After a while, hecame to his senses and noticed that his abdomen was bandaged. He also heard someone's breath in the room, he looked around and spotted Ariel sleeping with her head on a tall chest. "She must've treated me" he thought.

Samuel: Ariel...
Ariel (sleeping): ...
Samuel (a bit louder): Ariel...
Ariel (still sleeping): ...
Samuel (loud): Ariel.
Ariel: Mmmh? Huh... What?
Samuel (Sarcastic): Wake up, try sleeping in a bed, it's a lot more comfortable.
Ariel: Samuel, how are you feeling?
Samuel: Good, you did a great job.
Ariel: Actually, my father bandaged you, I was just keeping an eye on you.
Samuel: Aha... (trying to stand up) Ahhh...
Ariel: Don't move, the wounds aren't completly healed.
Samuel: Ouw... Did we succeded?
Ariel: Yes. The authorities said that probably a rival gang planned all of this.
Samuel: How many of them escaped?
Ariel: Just two, I don't think we should worry
Samuel: ...

After he spent a couple of days in the care of Ural, Samuel felt that he had stayed long enough in the city of Ostia, and decided that after he will supplement himself with potions and food, he would bade farewell from Ural and Ariel and thank them for their kindness.

Ural: What do you mean you're leaving?
Samuel: ... I'm mean I will leave this city and go somewhere else...
Ural: You aren't even healthy enough to travel. And besides that, who would be my dishwasher?
Samuel: I'm sure you will find someone.
Ural: Someone that would be a bodyguard also and work that cheap?
Samuel (Smiling): ...
Ariel: And where would you go?
Samuel: Currently, I don't know either.
Ariel (miffed): As expected from those like you.
Samuel: ...?
Ural: Nonetheless, you were a great employee.
Samuel: And you a great employer.
Ural: Hahaha... That's great. We will surely miss you.
Samuel: I shall visit you if I can, but until then, I wish you good luck.
Ural: Ohh... You'll need it more than me.

As Samuel was distancing from the city, a voice stopped him.

Ariel (running, carying a package): Waiiit!
Samuel: Ariel? What is it?
Ariel: Father forgot to give you this, it's some food for the your travel.
Samuel: Ah... Thank you, you shouldn't have.
Ariel: Also you forgot this...(kissing the cheek)... Thank you. (runs away)
Samuel (thinking to himself): Well... that was stereotypical.

---End---
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: An Exagerated Beginning (Private)   An Exagerated Beginning (Private) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:15 pm

How does this reward thing work after I complet a mission? Is it PM-ed to me or is it posted here as well?
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: An Exagerated Beginning (Private)   An Exagerated Beginning (Private) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Aria

Aria

Female Posts : 511

PostSubject: Re: An Exagerated Beginning (Private)   An Exagerated Beginning (Private) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 am

Rewards:

Samuel: 2 SP, 2 MP and 120,000 Drachma

I done it, though you should try using something other than script style~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Exagerated Beginning (Private)   An Exagerated Beginning (Private) Empty

Back to top Go down

An Exagerated Beginning (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1