Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is Why Ryugujo Is Better

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

Male Posts : 1120

This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Ten tons is not barely anything. No human of Earth could even aspire to stop a force weighing ten tons, so I doubt a cleric could, too.

The barrier is overkill if it stays on all the time, especially if you rank it up all the way to 15. So I think the time-limit stands valid.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 pm

In otherwords since you refuse to follow the actual rules for Dolere and Phanta and Paries, I assume I can lock and close this modification considering Yoko's is done?
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Phantasmagoria changes depending on the dream world so put Depends and ill write it IRP

Just because Leila's spells are mostly useless, doesnt mean i cant have a single buff spell, if you want i can make the time less, but other than that, no!

Paries, its my only defense Will! I can barely attack otherwise, and as you said, you can already beat it, its a product of getting stronger, not OP
Back to top Go down
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 pm

But all the time? Still, we want people without a barrier breaking skills to have a chance.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:49 pm

Barrier Breakers get the advantage, but everyone who spams a rank 8 spell 3 times would break it.
This can go one of two ways Will....
Back to top Go down
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Of course if we go with the time limit, we have to have a cooldown time, too.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 pm

Actually there is two way of seeing it :

Weaker mage that can't do anything against it (or they at least need a barrier breaker skill)
Stronger or equal mage that don't even need to bother with it.

It's not OP, but it exaggerate the power difference between two player. I though the same as you before, but if you take the time to come up with a counter it's not ultimate, it's just an action that need a reaction (like shundo :s)
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:55 pm

I DO NOT EXCEPT DOLERE. I told you, you MUST, absolutely MUST use it in singular spells or split it between two spells. You just must have a definite buff for a stat, you can't say: "This time I'm going to use it on speed! Or power!" No. Absolutely not. Get it through your head.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:03 am

Fine, split the difference between the ranks and make two spells out of them, one for Speed and one for Strength... there the same incantation, just Confirmare and Propere at the end instead of stat (Ill let you decide which ones are which)
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 am

Umi that's not how it works and you know it. You KNOW you have to make these changes yourself because other mods aren't going to do it for you but you have to remember that you don't get told what to do by applicants. You telll them to make the changes to their application themselves. Shocked!
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 am

Are you sure? it's been happening to me a llot....(no, im being serious)
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 am

Yea if people tell you to make changes to their updates you don't give in and change it for em. Unless you were personally invested with the person and had a good relationship with them a person doesn't ask a mod to make the modification in their place.

They can ask for help from a mod or ask a mod to make them a template (which a mod might do) but ultimately updates and history profiles are the responsibility of the players and a mod shouldn't be making the changes themselves (unless the person is being REALLY pig headed and refuses to change it in which case we are more likely to let the modification sit instead of ACTUALLY doing something.) But seriously Umi it's like two seconds of work for you to copy the technique, rename it, put half the rank of each and put the specific stat next to the boost. You could probably do it in less time than it's taking me to explain it.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

Typically Will does it though......thats what i pay him for...
Back to top Go down
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:08 am

No, Umi. The spell lasts for the amount of the rank. Rank 9 = 9 posts. It's final. No arguing. This will not be debated any further.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:41 am

Umi. The spell is 9 of your posts. If you're fighting 2 other people, then there would be 3 in total, right?

Your barrier lasts 9 of YOUR posts, so if all 3 of you post during the battle, there would be 27 posts in total BEFORE your barrier runs out. Why the HELL are you complaining? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:48 am

including attacks? thats only maybe 8-11 turns of defense
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:52 am

9 posts on your side. 9 posts is a huge amount, stop complaining...
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:56 am

why dont you? thats still bRELY 6-7 posts i have at the MOST. I get even less if i get attacked, and maybe only 2 turns if its by more than one person
Back to top Go down
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:58 am

Umi, deal with it. Stop being a child and whining over how you can't get your way. It's 9 posts.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:58 am

Wtf??? You don't get less if you're attacked... that's not even part of the barrier rules. The only way to break barriers is get a move to lower the barrier rank (which doesn't even change the turns, just the strength of the barrier) and destroy it with a spell higher or equal to that rank. That's the ONLY way, or wait for the barrier to disperse.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:02 am

Thats even worse! Thats more broken than my barrier is!!
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:04 am

Umibouzu wrote:
Thats even worse! Thats more broken than my barrier is!!

That's why your barrier is broken, you idiot. You can't change the barrier rules and you won't.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:09 am

Alright then, im changing the spell, since your making barrier virtually pointless, ill just switch it out

Cantus Ballax (9)
Type: Support
Range: Self
Incantation: Cantus Ballax
Description: A type of reinforcement magic that prepares magic for close combat. Adds +10 to strength, endurance and speed for 9 turns.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:01 pm

You know what? Lets talk about this, rather than saying "No Bitch STFU" you will let me talk, because just changing my spells without my consent is RP-wise Illegal.

Im saying let me keep my spells, ill create it at the beginning of the mission/battle/post whatever, and give me 1.5 x's the turns of the rank

EX: Rank 9= 9+4.5 (Round Down): 13 Turns.

Its a definite defense but not a powerful one, I dont like the idea of a 9 turn impenetrable shield, thats more OP'd than what i have. MY barrier lasts for 13 turns and can be taken out by spells such as:
Rank 9+ Regular Spell
Rank 8 Barrier Breaker
Rank 7 Barrier Breakers (2-3 will break it at least)

Thats a lot more generous than a one weakness barrier you wont for 9 turns, its not about how long i have it, because thats the maximum amount of time i can have it on a battle field anyways.

13 Turns at best
5-6 Under attack

Its meant to be a primary defense, to give me time to get away or get backup. I cannot stress this enough, If you just gonna ignore what i have to say because you dont like, are you any better than me?

Give me a legitmate reason why this wouldnt work, because if you dont, im just calling troll on you. Explain it too. i dont want "Its OP'd so no" I gave you the statistics of a spell, i gave you how far ill go to change it, if you dont want to be a civilized person about it, go ahead, but dont just deny my freedom of discussion because i make you angry, thats what fascists do.

Edit: And i get a Delay Spells Discipline, because Yokos weapon mission was almost entirely about me learning how to use delay spells in conjunction with Sagitta Magica.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Take out Dolore and put in the cantus belax and it might work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is Why Ryugujo Is Better   This is Why Ryugujo Is Better - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

This is Why Ryugujo Is Better

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next