Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Distant Dream OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Im walking? i may not have a lot of stamina, but i can walk 50 feet away, even fat kids can....
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 pm

I know, I'm just joking Bored
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male Posts : 1468

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:42 pm

It'd be funny if Umi were to say something comedical...Failed Bored
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:00 am

Dorianodet and Ryno are stilled barely standing, and ryno might not even still be alive.. Cura is barely a healing spell...
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:29 am

dorianodet wrote:
Will? I recall you the fact that I was unable to land an hit on your face even through being faster? , the fact that you totally absorb a explosion, and the fact that you've shundo through my puppet to get to me? Cat

Nub, of course not. You never actually gave specific detail onto where your puppet original position was and where it's attacking from... So unless that's said, I didn't shundo through your puppet! Also, I had a barrier up! Why would you unleash a kamikaze??

Orbis Flamma would have gotten through the blunt force of the explosion, while I can manipulate flames (check my profile) to get non-magic flames away from me. I didn't absorb it, I nullified it!

Your puppets faster, you're not?? Your speed is 7, while your puppets is somehow 30. Cat 30 speed isn't the level of having a huge burst of speed that you disappear (no shundo needed). 31 is. Cat
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:44 am

Is 30 speed on a pupet even allowed
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:28 am

It'd be a problem with the old version, because at more than 30 speed, you need two SP points to raise it by 1. >_>

But, no growth caps anymore.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:22 am

for it to have that much speed.... its gotta have a few faults..
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:23 am

Umibouzu wrote:
for it to have that much speed.... its gotta have a few faults..

Exactly what I'm thinking... Also the fact that a rank 4 spell can get rid of 12 stat points. I'll make a thread about it in the Forum Discussion section.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 am

The secret one?
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:13 am

My puppet controlling spell is a rank 7 spell, so I don't see why this speed wouldn't be allowed since it's merely the only thing you can RPly up.
In term of speed it isn't the end, my charac rely mainly on the use of his puppet speed, I don't see why I couldn't making it high since it start to be an high ranking spell too.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:16 am

The pupper controlling spell should control how well you use the puppet, not it's stats, even for Rank 7, your puppet has far to much speed
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:20 am

Personally, I think the puppet should have a stat sheet just like playable characters, and the amount of SP you can distribute amongst those stats would be equal to your intelligence.

So if you have 50 intelligence, you can use it as 50 SP for your puppet.

Or all your SP total to add to your puppet. I dunno, what do you think Umi? Al?
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:21 am

I'm makind an easy example : Let's say you use magical thread to control your puppet, you'll understand that you're isn't just your finger to use it on long distance, you modify the lengh and the position of the thread to move the puppet. Meaning that by uping the rank you up your skill at controling the thread, and so the speed and the strength you can put into the puppets moves.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:24 am

If you want something like this, to make it fair it will have to be

Nhieling speed + given speed
Nhieling strength + given strength.

If not, the intelligence cap of 150 will become the limit of my ability.
And since it will make the system of rank useless on my puppeting ability, it would have to become a skill I guess.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:26 am

Should fine, but the controlling of threads doesnt constitute a faster of stronger puppet, just how it moves
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:28 am

Oh? So if you reduc their lengh faster using superior puppeting skill you don't get the puppet to come back faster to you?
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:33 am

There's no intelligence cap. Horrified
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:33 am

That doesnt make the puppet faster, that makes it come back to you faster, speed refers to how the puppet reacts and how quickly it does it, if your just controlling it, it'll most likely get your speed
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 am

There is the 150 max cap since you can't increase your spell rank higher than rank 15. Everybody will stop once they'll get to this cap.

My charac speed is limited to what my muscle can do, my puppet speed is limited to what speed my mind can give it. So the intelligence based transfer isn't that bad.
But still, since he rank will become useless it'll have to become a skill I guess, or something like this.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:46 am

dorianodet wrote:
There is the 150 max cap since you can't increase your spell rank higher than rank 15. Everybody will stop once they'll get to this cap.

That's true, buuuuut... why would you stop at 150 intelligence, if it strengthens your puppet?
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:38 am

because everyone will focus on their stat to get stronger when they'll get to this cap.
If my skill only get their power from intel, then I'll have to totally change the way intel is used and add intel ratio on all my spell.
We can think of something like this too. Doing it the RPG way but it would cause that a rank 3 spell on someone with 200 intel might become stronger than a rank 6 of someone with 20.
I'm not against changing the way intel work on my charac, it would come to the same principe than into game such as WOW or league of legend by example. But everybody will be able to do the same and it could cause the way intellgence is used to change.

It's up to you, adding strengh and speed transmission is way easier.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:52 am

Your argument is true. But either way, I'm going to be editing the spell rank thing and make the limitation higher, just like I did with the stats. xD

I think I'll make the max 30.
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male Posts : 1468

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:54 am

Good luck with that... I think...
It's getting messy.. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream OOC   Distant Dream OOC - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Distant Dream OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next