Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Distant Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:50 am

(OOC: Just a fun match up, events are non-canon and shouldn’t be considered that. So you get no items for this mission, but you do get to keep your SP/MP rewards you get.

This is how it’ll work, everyone with over 40 SP (which is me, Umi, Mortimer and Yoko), will be on one side and the entire forum is on the other. Let’s see how long it takes to take us down. :D)

The village is medieval style wood homes with thatched roofs. Surrounding the town is a thirty meter high stone wall. This wall has periodic towers which are a few meters taller then the rest. The wall encircles the entire town in case you guys were wondering. All around the town is flat grassy fields and further out is farmland. The inside of the town is constructed of rows of aforementioned wood houses alligned so as there is passage between each of them but by and large it is crowded. Every forurth row of houses there is a distance between the next set of houses thus allowing for a number of "blocks" and"roads" intersperssed throughout. In the center is a large tower made of stone and higher than the wall. RIght now the four enemies are all standing at the massive iron open portculis in the front of the wall whcih leads directly down the main middle street and straight to the tower in the center. The town has about a three kilometer radius stretching from the tower to any point along the wall.

At the top of the small village, three mages (and one swordsman) reigned supreme over the rest. One was a nonchalant, spunky blonde-haired mage who wielded fire as his weapon. He was athletic, bruteful and not to mention physically strong. Usually, in this type of situation, he’s hot-headed and needy to protect his allies. The situation they’re in was, that the entire village had decided to go against them. “What!? We’ll show those people!” William would usually growl as he heard such news, rushing into action.

The smarter, more intelligent and level-headed person on the group, Mortimer, usually remained a mystery. He was strong and had the power of shadows on his side. He was the one always to create plans, destroy enemies without a trace and think calmly and tactically in all situations.

Unlike him, there was a cursed boy. Going by the name of Umibouzu Ryuusui, he has whisky white hair and was made out of the substance water. He was efficient in the use of healing magic, as well as barriers. Unlike his looks, he was spunky and rash. He didn’t listen to a word Mortimer said and is quite cocky in his own abilities, showing how condescending he is in battle. Next to him stood his best friend and more than likely future bride, Yoko. He was a master swordsman, at least compared to anyone else in this village.

The large, golden gate was shut forcefully; the path to the four mages was closed. “Should we open it and just teach them a lesson?” William sighs, not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Nina

Nina

Female Posts : 162

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:57 am

Nina in her more serious, stronger mode, looked over to her allies that wanted to destroy the area. "Let's take these fools on! Think they can control us? Think again," She confidently boosts the moral of her allies, waiting for the signal to attack. She spied around the area before, it would seem they could very well be ready for an attack on them, unluckily. So the advantage of surprise was lost, but with numbers on Nina's side, they could very well win.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:28 am

"AL, let's use our plan, bring out your Umbrae"

Ever the magnificent bastard, Umi was busy drinking while the rest of the people were getting ready, Yoko as always, was by his side.

"And this is a fort right? Lets start prepping traps, Will imma need your Sagitta Magica for a minute.. Al too, after we finish those Split Body Doubles"
Back to top Go down
Tristen

Tristen

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:36 am

"Everyone!! We need to attack before they bring up traps!!" Tristen reveals his position, standing on a house, "Demon Shot!" He growls trying to shoot the gate down with his demonic ki.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Just look by afar, Nhieling waited from other to come. Turning to Nina he said : We have the first move here, I have a plan that would require a little help from everyone, wanna hear?

[Are we allowed to use PM to communicate battle plan? Or do we have to use spoiler and then just believe in the other team honesty?]

Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male Posts : 1468

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:56 pm

[NPC's allowed?]

Daisuke[and Ryou] was just yawning boredomely since they thought this was pretty pointless especially towards William since he looked like the leader or maybe not... They just tend to have commen sense around now and then so the just sat on a tree branch staring at the four up above the high towers. Daisuke[and Ryou] is actually involved in this anyhow so they just join in with Nhieling.

Coming forward to Nhieling Dai just told him "If you need our help then just tell us cause it'd be useless if we were to say no..." Some straight forward words like an arrow just pierced him when he[they] said that... Anyways knowing Nhieling, he'd surely tell in the end anyhow. Though they don't expect it would work accordingly but whatever...
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:08 pm

(Imma say no to NPC's, but it shouldnt be too hard without them)
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:11 pm

[Alright then I guess it will just be Daisuke in play only UNLESS someone uses their NPC Cat Didn't expect we'd need strategy plans for this.. Happy ]
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 11:59 pm

(Err, let's allow NPC's. They are technically characters.)

"Right, I'm ready." William says clanging his lightning gauntlets together, getting spiked up, ready for the incoming battle. "You need my Sagitta Magic, right? Alright. Son Ta Rik, vigintiquattuor spiritus ardescat coentes sagittet inimicum!" William shouts, creating 24 arms ready for disposal.

William could hear a shot (Tristen's Demon Shot) slam against the door. Some of them being too hasty, have already initiated an attack it would seem.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Female Posts : 912

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:06 am

"I'm also ready, have you got a plan?" Rose asks, her tarot cards ready for disposal. She may be able to create a plan amidst the battle, "We have to be careful," She also alerts Nina and Nhieling. There powers weren't a joke and she knew it herself.
Back to top Go down
Tristen

Tristen

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:13 am

Tristen had stopped shooting the gargantuan gate, instead of trying to bring it down, he simply waited for the rest to open it somehow and then continue his onslaught.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:27 am

(Naw, i cant do that, you wont let me)

"Well.... no i cant do it by myself.... lets have Al do it, as an Enjiouka he can pull this off by himself"

Seeing how free form Mortimer's powers were, he had just decided he would left him work on making the traps

"He can control shadows, so if he can make a trap shadow from the ground, you can fill it with your Sagitta Ignis and we essentially would have a mine. Also, we need to focus our might in the keep... if we make this a mine field, we can take out a few people, and the ones left over we can funnel into the keep, it's narrow passageways would make it easy to rout with a little destructive attack magic."

He checked the outside of the keep with his ESP, i gave him a general layout, and using that he devised the plan.

"Will you get the front door, Yoko gets the upstairs and Mortimer and I get the stairway and halls leading to each, Anything that passes through those too, will be taken out from the close quarters, i have ESP and limited telepathy, so ambushing and detecting enemies is easy, It mostly relies on Mortimer's magic capacity"

Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:32 am

First we'll have to progress forward, the basic of the attacker versus defender battle is that the attack team, us, had the advantage of having the first move. So you can attack whenever you want, and use the surprise effect.
The advantage of the defense team will be that they'll probably set trap, and use the building as a defensive structure.
For the trap I'm counting on you Rose, if you pint point them for me i'll disarm them with my puppet.
We'll have either to pass their defense or to draw them out.
Back to top Go down
Ken

Ken

Male Posts : 235

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:27 am

"Traps, eh? I could help with that. Since they're not opening the gate, I'll just shoot them from here..." Ken grins, grabbing his bow and arrow as he stands a distance away from the gate. "Wide Shot," Ken shouts, shooting the arrows in the air as they fling themselves over the gate and quickly arc downwards in the shape of a parabola as they begin to fall onto the battlefield ahead.

He wasn't sure if it hit anything, nor would he even plan it to. He just wanted to fire shots as a warning for them.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:34 am

(OOC; EVERYONE... please direct all your OOC comments to the OOC section in free discussion which I will now create. Please STOP with the comments so we can have a decent fight please... thank you.)

Unleashing his shadow abilities, Mortimer uttered his activation key, followed by "Umbrae" creating a massive cloud of darkness around them. Hopefully it would offer them some cover from the attacks which were soon to be raining down on them.

First he called forth as many of his shadow minions as he could... about eight or so, then allowed Umi to get to work on them.

He then swiped buts of shadow from the cloud forming them into some kind of box... a hinged box with a small lid on top. It took more detail than he was used to (considering it had moving parts). By the time he was done he had a box with a small lock which would open at the tug of a similarly small shadow string. Given its complexity, Mortimer doubted he could mass-produce them, especially on such short notice.

He handed it to Will to fill it with his fire magic before shutting the lid quickly and tightly. The inside was shadow which Mortimer new from testing did not conduct magic or transfer heat very well... if at all. Entropy within the box would be maintained, but if they weren't careful the box could blow up in their hands, or break a seal or something.

Still, they had a bomb now, and hopefully Umi would have finished with his soldiers by now and that was all they could hope for.

He hoped the obscuring cloud would work but he wondered just how accurately the archer could fire when he couldn't see his targets or their movements within it.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:45 am

"Even better, if it's volatile, we only need one that works, just make more shadow boxes, its about midday, and we have a castle wall in front of us, something that big would cast a big shadow. Use those to make trick boxes, it's just as good as the real things. TO THE KEEP!"

With everything going as planned, they were ready to leave for the keep, he cast his Vertere spell on the Umbrae and made them look like Al, Umi Will and Yoko, 2 for each, one set of replicas would be on the wall, the others would handle setting the boxes up around the castle grounds.

"Tactical planning helped me make this fort, you know, defense is everything right? Now who wants some drinks?"

Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:50 am

"Alright, done," William says, handing over the boxes to Mortimer. His magic was just as explosive, so he didn't really have much need for it. He ignored the clones, being bored witless, wanting to engage in combat with the challengers not through trickery and traps, but through brute force and power.

But as he knows, you can't get everything you want. "Do we really need so much time to do all this?" William asks the other three, Yoko who seemingly was doing nothing, Umi who lazed around ordering Mortimer and Mortimer who was doing all the work.
Back to top Go down
Leila

Leila

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 am

Looking at Ken and Nhieling, "I'll help by supporting you! I can't fight for myself, though! Oh filiolus , erigo meus socius vires , tribuo lemma vox! Brutality!" She casts on Nhieling, then turning to Ken about to chant it on him. She wondered why everyone was attacking these four mages, but if it'll allow her to whip someone, Leila would help no matter what.

"If I get injured, I'll demand compensation!" She winks at everyone, ready to fight, listening to any plans or ideas someone may come up with.
Back to top Go down
Ryno

Ryno

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:09 am

"This wall is the problem? Leaving weakening it to me, but one of you will have to have a strong enough force to push it off it's hinges. I'll be able to rust the joints with my magic until the point where it breaks, but it'll just fall vertically even if I do, so someone will have to use a strong wind or force to send it flying away from us at the mages." Ryno explains, reading a book, informing the others about his abilities.
Back to top Go down
Ayra

Ayra

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:18 am

"Hohohoho, I can take out one of the guys, if you want..." Ayra rips off her clothes, running around in her bikini. The only people her magic usually doesn't work on are emotionless guys and male homosexuals. "Just let me, take care of all their needs... hehe..."
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:53 am

Daisuke and Ryousuke just stared at all of them and noticed some lady who was seemingly stripping herself, they thought it was a crazy person so ignored her... "Ryou, let's start the operation now" Daisuke and Ryou seemed to had something in mind. They both did the same chants raising both their hands facing forward "Dop Pe Ru, Spiritus Lucem Sanctam Coentes Sagittet Inimicum..." They both called forth holy light-based Sagitta Magica. Daisuke started off with 2 whereas Ryou was only at 1, they slowly summoned the Sagitta Magica since they wouldn't want to exhaust their magical energy.

After a some time, there were already 60 Sagitta Magica floating throughtout the area spreading out all over. They noticed Leila seemed to be a supportive type so they were hoping may be for a spell boost or some sort to increase their powers but seems like it would be enough for now so they left it as it is floating around. The Sagitta Magica was ready to strike but those twins didn't seem like doing it as they had other plans instead. Dai and Ryou gathered up with the group "This should help I suppose?"
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:29 am

Perfect Daisuke. I won't rush into a fortress before knowing what kind of defense they prepared, we have a fortune teller, we just have to use it.

Ayra, the best thing you could do is protecting our ranged, I'm fearing instant elimination from our enemy, so as long as you stay in our line they won't be able to jump on us without any risk.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:59 pm

(Sagitta Magica have limited delay ability, so use them quick or they disappear)

"There, Copies to battle stations, Ill give my clones a Deflectio to make it seem real, They wont tell the difference between us and the replicas, or that only one box was full of explosive power.Will pretended to fill all of them with fire magic, they appear to have no sensors on the team, so they cannot tell the difference"
Will repeated the box filling, and Al the transforming processes one after the other so as to keep every oblivious. Umi retreated to the inner sanctum of the keep, a very lovely lounging room, essentially Victorian, but the couches were a much more comfortable. He took a sip of his non-denomonatial beverage.

"Then should we change it? Yoko on the bottom floor, Will on top? He can still take potshots at enemies, but Yoko can take out our priority targets from the ground, unless Will wants to"

Last edited by Umibouzu on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:20 pm

[Doppel-based Sagitta Magica Cat By 'sense', it is just the sense of sight not magical sensors]

The Sagitta Magica up high were hard to see since the sun was glaring but those that were near ground level were visible. Daisuke and Ryousuke went to a corner sitting in a meditating way while concentrating closing their eyes as datas starts coming in "Sense" The Sagitta Magica were still floating like previously as if nothing has been done just yet. If anything or anyone else other than the twins touched the Sagitta Magica trap they set up, it'd explode like a grenade with a flashbang effort of blinding for a short moment[1 post].

He warned the others as well before they start moving it since they wouldn't their ally to receive a white flash directly into their eye but it only affects the person who touched it ONLY... Daisuke and Ryousuke spied onto the 4 enemies with 2 Sagitta Magica observing from above both near and far. The twins were just checking onto the enemies and that was all. Once a move has been made, an alert message data would be sent to their owners. Since nothing much was going on, they just sat there waiting though they could actually move around if they wanted to...
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Nhieling threw a bag to Daisuke.

You know what's in, use it wisely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Distant Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Dream   Distant Dream Empty