Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyon

Lyon

Male Posts : 640

Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master Empty
PostSubject: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Account Name: Lyon

Name: Lyon Yoshida
Nickname: N/A
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 90 Kg
Group: N/A
Affiliation: Dark
Blood-type: B
Dislikes:Light Mages/Warriors
Fears: Returning to the Shadow World
Physical Description: (See picture)
Ki or Magic? Ki
Clothing: Black Cloak covering entire body, hood usually up
Accessories: None
Extra: None
Picture:
Spoiler:

Personality
Typically a silent person, Lyon will occasionally talk to people if they decide to approach him. He always seems to listen to techno music but refuses to explain as to why he does this. He knows from his past experiences that he can lose control if he doesn't, he can't seem to remember why this happens though. Even though he is listening to his music, when approached he turns it down (never off) and can hear you. Ask him questions and he will answer sometimes. Depends on the question and the characters intention with this question. He is very good at fighting although he does not choose to fight. He seems to stay closer to the human world because that is where he knows best. He always seems to have a soft spot for tigers (mostly white tigers) as they are his favorite animal and they seem to be friendly with him for whatever reason.

History
Lyon was born and raised in Japan until he was 16. During his 14th year he had discovered a unique ability. He could shrink swords to various sizes but never bigger than the original size. It was discovered after he had finished his mastery of the blade and was given the shadow blade from a mysterious person. He found this ability would not work with just any blade though. This blade was mysterious but he knew it was his destiny to obtain this blade. From there he trained and made his own unique fighting technique after mastering regular swords. He is still training to perfect this technique and the same goes with his ability to shrink his sword. When Lyon was 18 the same man found him and told him of other blades similar to this one. If Lyon wanted to be a true master he would need to find all of these.

Class Sword Master

Weaponry/Equipment
Name: Shadow Blade
Description: A pure black sword, tainted by the shadows.

Name: Splitter Sword
Description: A sword that can be broken into two separate blades.

Name: Chaos Armor
Abilities: Stops bullets from penetrating the skin but damage is still taken.
Description: Armor made to fit Lyon specifically, it is light and versatile so as to seemingly not impede on his movements or speed. (Looks similar to this)

Name: Chaos Mask
Abilities: Bullet resistant.
Description: A mask that has a skull painted on it's front. (Looks like this)

Stats –50
Strength: 10
Accuracy: 16
Endurance:10
Speed: 21
Intelligence: 5

Stat Points Earned: 0|17
Jewels Earned: 90,000

Sources:
Spoiler:
Skills & Disciplines:

Martial Arts: Over the course of three years Lyon has learned many martial arts. However without a master and being without anyone in a job he had to learn through his own practice. The style itself is still incomplete but the effectiveness that Lyon holds with it is nothing to laugh at.
Expecting Some Changes- Lyon has natural balance to when faced with dexterous challenges due to his training with his techniques. He might not be as well as a professional but he's able to adapt to changes not only in balance but to the environment around him rather well (Not like hot/cold stuff, but things like having to fight suddenly on logs or w/e.)

Magic Name: N/A
Magic Type: N/A
Magic Description:N/A
TP/KP Earned: 0|3
Techniques: 23/24

Weapon Shift - Rank 7
Type: Special
Incantation: N/A
Range: .25m to a possible 3.5m (1 weapon), .25m to a possible 2m (2 weapons)
Effect: Changes the size of Lyon's Shadow Blade. He can shrink/extend smaller or larger in about a bit more then a second. This ability can be used with 2 weapons but has a chance at damaging one of the blades if unsuccessful. Can be activated mid-swing or almost instantly after a Shundo but this increases the chance at a failed shift with two blades. Full mastery of a single blade shift.
Isi - Rank 5
Type: Strike/Defensive
Range: Sword
Effect: The ability to draw one's sword almost instantly. Can be used as an offensive strike or a defensive block.

Weapon Morph - 5
Type: Special
Rance: Sword (Weight +-10 Kilos)
Effect: The ability to change the weight behind the sword by focusing Ki into the blade.

Shundo - 7
Type: Mobility
Range: 35 Meters max
Effect: By focusing his Ki on his feet, Lyon is capable of launching himself at intense speeds between two unobstructed points, almost instantaneously. As he moves, he leaves after images from the point he was previously standing in. It is possible to predict where he will travel and so intercept him before hand.

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Female Posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Make sure to have a big personality and a larger history ~
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:29 am

Did you find out the organization that put the hit out on your parents?

Or have you just been wandering around in ignorance killing mages in the magical world?

If so, that's just awesomely insane ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:35 am

He doesn't even care who put the hit on his family. He hunts any and all people who use magic. However he still tries to get information on the people who did this before he either leaves or kills them.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 am

Assassin = Ninja (?)

What makes it different and how is it stronger/weaker?
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:44 am

For example my guy is a dragoon/bandit sorta guy that uses his class's related magic for a unique effect.

Downside of it is he's really ignorant when it comes to magic and he's usually not that great going up against it sometimes. And to make it better I even mentioned that all the dragoon magics are mostly support instead of things like fireballs or shooting lightning from my crotch.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:55 am

B★RS wrote:
Assassin = Ninja (?)

What makes it different and how is it stronger/weaker?

To be honest I'm not sure what my guy's class would be... he isn't really a ninja but I though Assassin was broad enough for him. I can always change it.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:59 am

Doesn't matter really, but a Custom Class needs to be more told-out and explained.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:03 am

I will, I just need to get to the point where I have my character fully set up and ready to go.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 am

I am not saying "now" but trying to say "sooner or later"
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Updated and waiting responses of sorts...
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Meh, I'll give mine

1/2

But please take out the "seemingly unbreakable part for the weapon.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Never through I would say it, but your ability is underpowered for a rank 5spell.

If you want only to use this ability to win some place by shrinking your sword lengh, you could even make it into a skill that wouldn't cost you any magic point. If you want it to be usefull in battle, then you can make his effect faster.
I think that for a rank 5 spell that don't even boost the possible lengh of your sword, you could make it so that you can shrunk the sword back in a few second, not in a minute, something like 5-6sec would be more than fine I guess.

I'm guessing you'll probably want to do it so that you start swinging your sword in its little form, and then get it back to its full lengh to create a terrible impact.
But you must know that you won't be able to create something terribly strong before getting stronger before. Both for it being fair, and for the fact that if you suddenly change the weigh of your sword you would be throw off balance .

Just imagine swinging a cut at high speed and suddenly make it heavier. For a 2.5meter sword, you would just be sent flying and you won't hit anybody like this.

I'm not even concidering energy conservation law, but still, it's impossible to keep your balance if you don't have an incredible strengh.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah, the skills need some work. It doesn't change weight at all. That I thought I specified. I don't know what other skills I should have so I will be thinking of them. Guess I can't really join the rp till my character is completely finished. So I guess its still a work in progress.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:40 pm

You can go with the usual shundo, or dunno what kind of character you want to build.

Concerning the weigh, a 2.5meter blade should be incredibly heavy. You can't move it with your current strengh I think. Except if you make something like it's ligher that it seem at first view (but you have to precise it)

You can also make a technique that would allow you to wield your sword (by using the 5 remaining point)

It would drain your stamina fast, but at least it would allow you to fight for some time with your insane huge weapon.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Skills and Disciplines:

Partial Arts: Over the course of three years Lyon has learned many martial arts. However without a master and being without anyone in a job he had to learn through his own practice. The style itself is still incomplete but the effectiveness that Lyon holds with it is nothing to laugh at.
Expecting Some Changes- Lyon has natural balance to when faced with dexterous challenges due to his training with his techniques. He might not be as well as a professional but he's able to adapt to changes not only in balance but to the environment around him rather well (Not like hot/cold stuff, but things like having to fight suddenly on logs or w/e.)

Weapon Shift Rank 5
Type: Manipulation
Range: .25m to a possible 3.5m
Effect: Changes the size of Lyon's Shadow Blade. He can shrink/extend smaller or larger in about a bit more then a second.

Edit* It would be alot easier to use if you used a weapon with a really huge base hilt to offset the sudden change in weight/form. I would suggest using a weapon with a bigger natural hilt/are used to normally carry extra weight like a rapier, greatsword or dagger. They are naturally inclined to block attacks so the added weight feels like the weight from a block. I wouldn't think your guard would be so good with it enlarged though. Something like that LS from Monster Hunter I wouldn't believe in.

Still got 5 points left.

If you are a Ki person here are some things you can use

here's some stuff to consider.

Shundo Rank 5
Type-Mobility
Incantation- N/A
Range- 15 meters max
Description- By focusing his Ki on his feet, Lyon is capable of launching himself at intense speeds between two unobstructed points, almost instantaneously. As he moves, he leaves after images from the point he was previously standing in. It is possible to predict where he will travel and so intercept him before hand.

Air Pressure Blow Rank 3
Type- Offensive ranged
Incantation- Hyuh!
Range- 20m
Description- By assuming the horse stance and putting his whole body into it Lyon sends out concentrated air pressure to push opponents around. Higher ranks allow for less start up and being able to do it without a stance.

Natural Enemy Rank 3
Type- Passive
Incantation- N/A
Range- Self
Description- His focus on hating mages seems to always be shown in the brutal hits he gives them when he lands them. However since he doesn't know magic too well he'll often not know what to do when he's on the receiving end of it, (No matter how much the attacker is explaining it), unless given help/instructions against it.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Or if you want more moves refer to Cloud's finisher's in FF 7. He has alot for his GreatSword.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:31 pm

i recommend a basic ki armor... allowing you to be durable and strong at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:30 pm

So... can I actually use some of the skills you recommended (with some changes mind you)? Or is this just for ideas?
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:31 pm

You can use them so long as the sum of their ranks does not exceed ten.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 pm

I didn't plan for it to exceed 10 nor use all of them.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Good, then put them in the application and we should approve it... so long as we don't find anything else wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 pm

If your a ninja-type assassain, then you might need a sensing discipline, and maybe an invsibility type technique.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:07 am

I think this should be done now...
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:11 am

1/2 approval. Quick! Approve it Kyle!
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master   Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master Empty

Back to top Go down

Lyon Yoshida - The Sword Master

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next