Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Training Grounds (Al, Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 pm

"You will recall that I said apprentices... not my apprentices... but you are right in your assumption. They are my students and I do teach them. I live here because I choose to. It is a very nice environment, lovely weather and best of all, the water elementals ensure that mosquitos don't live here. Also it is only half a days travel from here to Bosporus if you take a sky ship. From there you can take a portal to most major settlements in the magical world... of course the most important aspect of this valley is its seclusion from the rest of the world. It ensures that people who come here do so for a reason and that they are convinced that they need our assistance. If they did not need it they would not come here.

Now I would like to ask you two things, one what is your name, and two why have you sought out this place?
"
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

Male Posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 pm

"My name is Lyon Yoshida and my purpose here was to seek... well... you I guess." Lyon said thinking of what the voices had told him, he assumed this was who they talked about, if not he would find out soon. "What exactly do you teach?" Lyon asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:07 am

"...hmmm, now that is an interesting question. It's not necessarily what I teach but what you want to learn. If you want to become stronger then I can teach you how. If you want to become faster then that too you can learn. If you seek ancient spells this you can also learn. And if you simply seek a new way to go about your buisness then I can teach you that too. I have an encompassing personality and interests so I can give my students the most ecclectic methods of learning possible.

Now since we have established that I can show you how to do anything you want what is it you seek to learn? Each student has different needs and wishes to learn different things. So what do you wish to know exactly? Magic? Ki? Combat styles? Research methods?
"
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:24 am

Well, I want to get faster, stronger and more accurate with my strikes. That was my main objective when I searched you out. Lyon said in a more serious tone but still calm. "But I am still open to new Ki techniques."
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:43 am

"Alright then... to get faster and more accurate is the simplest task. So let us start with that first. After you have managed that then we can move on to the more complicated actions such as strength training and ki-techniques. To become faster and more accurate you just need a good target to practice on. So, I want you to try and hit me. If you can land three solid strikes on me then your speed and accuracy should drastically increase. Go."
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:05 am

Lyon hesitated for a moment. "Shouldn't we move outside?" Lyon said looking around the cabin. "And what do you classify as a hit?" He finished trying to get all the questions on this exercise down.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:11 am

"If it hurts then it's a hit. And no. I imagine that we will get outside eventually but we will start out small. In this area my movements and evasion are constricted. Thus if you attack me my first modus apparandi will be to run away from you. Thus being in here actually increases your chances of hitting me because you know that I will try and escape through the only ways out of here, the front door and the window. Hence, while inside you have the advantage. Now if you would, please attack me so that we begin the exercise."
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:16 am

Lyon nodded as he started out with a simple yet direct punch towards his mid section. Figuring this would miss he moved his leg to the left side of Mortimer in an attempt to trip him or cut his dodge on that side. After a short moment he aimed a punch at Mortimer's left keeping his leg to the right. "Let's see what he is made of." Lyon thought to himself as he started his assault.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:24 am

(OOC; Not a fight, actions are just done for training purposes. Hope you don't mind if I'm not leaving you wiggle room and autohitting. As this progresses and Lyon gets better I'll do it less and less but for now just bear with me as the gap between them is displayed thus leaving room for Lyons improvement K?)

Lyons fist would find itself blocked by Mortimers open palm just before it reached his midsection. When the kick to the side came he grasped the leg between his ribs and his arm, twisting his body to through Lyon across the room.

Recovering rather quickly Lyon brought his left hand aiming at Mortimers left side only to miss as Mortimer shundo'd backwards at the last second, now six feet from the closed door. "Come on, hurry up, other wise I'll be out the door before you can land a second hit." Indeed by grabbing Lyon's leg he had allowed the ki-user a free hit. But he still needed to hit Mortimer twice more before he could become better.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:30 am

Lyon heard what Mortimer said and quickly shundo'd behind him attempting to block his path and aimed a quick punch to his back. He doubted this would work but he was at least blocking his path.

(OOC: So I'm guessing my posts will be short... as I can't really plan ahead if you predict how my actions affect your movements... for training I mean and I understand what you mean and never planned on any auto hitting, I usually leave that to the person unless it is an npc controlled by me)
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:36 am

(Nah, just Mortimer may counter attack. I'll focus on dodging though now, and probably. In order to hit him you must either a. become more accurate or b. be more clever than me. If it is especially clever than you will hit.)

Seeing Lyon Dissapear, Mortimer knew to get as far away from his current position as possible, shundoing away and up to the open loft above. He still didn't know where Lyon was exactly but he didn't turn around instead searching for a way out. However if Lyon moved on the wooden floors he would alert Mortimer to his position and allow him to doge again.

Meanwhile Mortimer was eyeing the window on the bottom floor as seen from the loft. Two shundo's and he would be out of the building.

(And yes the actions will be short but I will oalso include Mortimers intents to move to help you along good luck xD)
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:44 am

Lyon's arm went strait through the air and knew Mortimer had either shundo'd or teleported. Either way this did not matter to him he had to find a way to hit Mortimer and would be best if he could stay in this cabin. Mortimer had a point, if he got outside it would make his job a lot harder. Glancing around the room he saw what he thought was Mortimer but looked past it and saw a window not far from it. Lyon, recognizing his intentions grabbed a near by chair and kicked it at the door he was near. This made a blockade for the door and (Lyon hoped) a loud enough noise to distract Mortimer for an instant. At that Lyon shundo'd towards the window in an attempt to stop his escape.

(Thanks for the heads up but sooner or later you and I both know Mortimer will get out. It would make it a lot easier for my character if it didn't and we don't want that now XD)
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:53 am

The loud noise worked Mortimer saw Lyon just before he disappeared leaving the afterimage behind. Turning back to his previous means of escape Lyon was blocking it now. Mortimer still smiled as he saw Lyon in his new position. He didn't know if Lyon had enough accuracy to do this but Mortimer could shundo backwards, returning to the point where Lyon had just been and managed to kick the chair out of the way his hand on the doorknob.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:04 am

Lyon hearing the chair being kicked turned around and shundo'd directly at Mortimer and although he missed Mortimer he hit the door with a crack. The door was now jammed on it's hinges. Lyon had a brief moment to look at Mortimer but only enough to blink. "...Not getting out that easily..." Lyon said just loud enough for Mortimer to hear. Lyon knew he didn't have a chance at hitting him so he just watched Mortimer for his next move.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:08 am

"Enter the eternal Fulgoris!" Mortimer placed his hand directly in front of Lyon unleashing what could only be described as a mass of electricity at his opponent from point blank range. Seeing the door jammed, Mortimer decided to take the easiest route... breaking through the ceder door instead. Seeking to split the cedar door along its grain he wondered if the massive shock at point blank range from his Over the TOp spell would keep Lyon stunned long enough.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:17 am

Lyon was shocked for just about a second for two reasons. He didn't anticipate that Mortimer would use a move like that and the shock from it was enough to stop just about anyone. He figured Mortimer was now outside but just looked at the now destroyed door. "Well that was unexpected..." Lyon said with a bit of a sigh. "What else is he capable of?" Lyon thought to himself as he looked around the field for Mortimer. He was sure he hadn't gotten too far, yet.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:08 pm

"For the next step we add another dimension." Mortimers voice sounded from twenty feet above Lyon, he was currently standing in mid-air utilizing kukuko shundo constantly he could stand in the air-near indefinately.

Since the only form of movement available was shundo, this meant Lyon would have to move at the critical moment when coming to a stop. Fast assessment of the situation would be required followed by an attack which would need to occur before Mortimer could shundo away. All in all, it really was the 'next level"... but could Lyon use shundo in the air or would he seek to attack Mortimer from the ground?
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:17 pm

"Well... I guess this does make it more interesting..." Lyon said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Lyon looked up seeing Mortimer just floating there. "Now how do I get him..." Lyon said as he walked out onto the open field, surveying the area. He didn't see much but he figured he might be able to use the cabin to his advantage. "So this was your plan then..." Lyon said with a bit of a smirk. Within a moment he shundo'd to the roof of the cabin and then directly to Mortimer, leaving two images of himself.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:27 pm

An after-image, then another one, turning at his direction. Mortimer used hundo again, sending himself higher in the air by about six feet. Since Lyon hadn't used shundo to get up to him normally it must have meant that he couldn't use shundo in the air. Thus his shundo was meant to barrel into him. IF that was the case then Lyon would travel through empty air and find his landing on the sand bar.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Lyon saw Mortimer at the last moment and went to grab his leg, seeing as he was within range going only 6 feet up Lyon thought he might catch Mortimer off guard and pull him to the ground. It was his best bet from what Mortimer did, even if he didn't pull Mortimer to the ground he could steady himself enough for another shundo.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:46 pm

(you're supposed to be blind while shundoing but I'll allow it)

Lyon had managed to grab Mortimers leg, causing him to falter for a bit before regaining his balance with his other leg. It was more difficult to stay in the air with only one leg providing thrust but it was still possible.

Attempting to make wild swings with his leg,Mortimer sought to shake Lyon off of him.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:54 pm

(OOC: Didn't know that)

Lyon, after successfully grabbing his leg had regained enough stability to shundo again. Even as Mortimer shook his leg attempting to get Lyon off him he shundo'd above Mortimer attempting to punch him in mid air, he only shundo'd just high enough to ready a punch strait down on Mortimer. He knew if this didn't work he would go full force to the ground but it was worth the risk.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:05 pm

(guessing ya never read negima didja?)

Mortimer had seemingly miscalculated as Lyon was capable of shundoing in mid-air. Pushing himself off of Mortimers leg at the apex of the swing, He managed to get directly above him. Shit thinking to himself as the punch came down on his head. Still, his opponent had much to learn. He had scored the first two hits but those were generally gimmes. As the blow came into contact with his head for a moment, Mortimer seemed to dissipate into a swarm of shadow-bats, leaving Lyon without support between himself and the ground.

"Welcome to level three" the bat swarm chittered at once, harassing Lyon on his way down before swarming away over the lake.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Lyon hitting the ground full force took a few moments to get back up. "Well, at least I got the hit..." Lyon thought to himself. His arm now in pain from landing on it. It took the majority the damage from hitting the ground. "Shit..." He said to himself grabbing his right arm with his left. He saw the bats fly towards the lake and started to walk there. "Not going to be easy..." Lyon thought with a bit of a smirk. He knew this was going to be the real challenge. He also bet it wouldn't be as simple as it has been. He had two hits in and most of his tricks had been used. His Shundo would now hurt him as well thanks to the fall but that's the joys of training. You have to risk damage to get stronger. He knew this all too well. He figured Mortimer was saving something for this last hit and now he probably won't underestimate Lyon's ability. When Lyon reached the lake he looked around for the bats. He didn't track them through their full flight. This was a problem for Lyon as he now had no idea where to look.

(OOC: Yeah, I haven't gotten too far into it... Chapter 40 I think... I should get on that.)
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 pm

The bats were no where to be seen as Lyon searched across the lake. It seemed that what once had been a game of tag had turned into "hide and seek". Before Lyon could make any significant progress the lake itself began to stir. A malformed Water elemental arose out of the lake and began sending waves in Lyons direction. And by waves I mean, Thin very fast wing-shaped bursts of water capable of cutting soft tissue on impact. There were only three blades to start with all coming in at a horizontal angle. One could only wonder how Lyon would react to an infant water-elemental... or if he could even recognize it as an infant. Still, mal-formed or not it was dangerous and unless he did something soon he would find himself sliced neatly at the bottom of the lake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Grounds (Al, Private)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next