Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Training Grounds (Al, Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyon

Lyon

Male Posts : 640

Training Grounds (Al, Private) Empty
PostSubject: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Lyon had recently went to Argyle to train. He was always looking for new ways to test his skills and found some trees. He got the trees and they reminded him of where he always hung out in the human world. He climbed the first tree he got to and climbed to the very top. While on the top he balanced himself and looked around the area. He didn't see too much to interest himself but he figured this might be a good time to train and clear his mind from all that has been going on lately. He jumped from tree top to tree top with ease as they were relatively close together."It's a nice day." Lyon said looking to the sky, it was cloudy and there was a bit of a breeze but not enough to affect his balance.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 pm

"Why yes, yes it is" the voice echoed from nowhere and everywhere all at once. Faint yet distinct leaving echoes in the ears of those who listened. "Tell us, why do you choose to play in our forest?" It was now clear that this was not the voice of one but of many. Many small creatures hidden from view all speaking at once. The differences in cadence, tone and synchroninity. They were many and wherever Lyon lept to amidst the tree tops, the voices would continue. Perhaps having lived in the magical world for long enough he would be able to recognize what they were...BUT if he still wasn't acclimated, he would have great trouble with them.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Lyon hearing those voices looked around and responded in a relatively calm manner. "I am here to train, nothing more." He stopped moving and put his dagger away. He looked around some more but saw no sign of what was speaking. "I am sorry if I disturbed you." He said turning his music down so he could hear the voices more clearly. He did not want to move from this tree yet because he was not sure how friendly this was.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:00 pm

"Why?" The voices asked innocently. "Why do you train?" The voices had taken on an almost child like quality, high pitched as if the questions had been asked by many young ones. "Training means you seek strength" This time the voices boomed, as if they resounded from mountains themselves. "Why, little one, why do you seek to become stronger?" They spoke this as if it were from the voice of a caring mother or grandmother, old and wisend but still soft and gentle. "You must have a reason to become stronger... or else you wouldn't be doing it?" The child like voices echoed this time, speaking simplicity but with words which held knowledge far beyond their years.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Lyon listened to these words and variety of tones. He though about the question asked. He had not really thought about it much why he trained. After some thought he responded, still in a calm tone. "I train so I can stay in control... of myself. So I can reach my full potential. So I can..." He fell silent before finishing the last part. His thoughts now elsewhere, he almost lost his footing and realizing he was about to fall regained focus and jumped to another tree, this tree much more stable he sat down on a branch.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:15 pm

"But this only begs greater questions" The mountain voice continued. "Why must you seek your full potential? Why must you become all that you can be? Why must you strive to greater hieghts?" the mothers voice questioningly probed him, seeking what drove him to rise higher. "Why must you stay in control? If you were not in control than who would be?" The childrens voices sought his reasons for control with more naive wisdom than ever was heard.

"None of us are truly in control. Even the oldest tree and the hieghest mountain must still bow down to the sky and rain." This voice was one which had not been heard before. The voice of an old man. "And what will happen once you reach your full potential? Will you not simply rot from within once your appex has been reached?" Another new voice, this one from what sounded like a young man, solitary unlike the other voices.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Lyon listened in content to these voices, waiting for his chance to speak. "I believe it is impossible to reach one's full potential, but that should never stop anyone from trying. The control I seek is not total control of myself but a greater control and does one not rot anyways?" Lyon replied politely to all the questions he heard in an opinionated manner. "As for why I do these things is just something in my nature to train and achieve these things I say. Is it not in one's best interest to push themselves father than they already have?" He said as a response question. Even though he didn't really understand how he knew these things he spoke from his heart. It was too late to just shrug off the chat he was now having and the only thing he could do is listen and respond.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:35 pm

A heated whispering began amidst the voices. Contradictory thoughts echoing, and battling with each other seeking a concensus which would not be found. Impossible to discern what was where and who was what, until at last a hushed silence came over them.

A solitary voice spoke out, its gender, age and origin unknowable. "If you seek this path, then THEY will come." Another bath of heated whispers, but this time echoing their consent. Again the voices stopped abruptly as they began and the lone voice hung in the air. "Seek the one amidst the valley" muted mutterings began as the voice echoed "East, east and west by north and you will find his valley...*yes,yes* he will show you many things *yes,yes* dark and wonderful things *yes,yes* and you shall know the taste of one who has found true power *yes,yes...yes*"

The voices grew fainter, seemingly swept away by a great wind their noise disapating until only their memory remained.Far in the distance to the north east, a mountain range rose, ominous and seemingly impassable, but that was where the voices had said the man of the valley lived.

Would Lyon make the journey, or would he choose to return from whence he came?
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Lyon had listened to the voices argue, no way of telling what they were saying but when they did speak to him he listened carefully. He didn't know who 'They' were but was sure he probably wouldn't want to find out. Lyon did not know what these 'dark and wonderful' things were either but figured this could be his best bet. He had no idea if this was a mere trap but his curiosity led him on. He jumped down from the branch where he had been sitting and started to wonder toward this now apparent mountain range. He thought about the conversation he had just had and knew now that he had accepted this that the only chance to go back would be now and he had decided not to. He wanted to meet this person but with many questions left unanswered in his mind the only way to go was forward. "Well, no turning back. I guess..." Lyon thought to himself as he continued on this new path.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 pm

It would take several hours before Lyon would come to the foot of the mountain. Rocky outcroppings abounded but no clear path was immediately visible. Not even a goat-path marked an easy way up the steep incline In some places the vertical rock walls were all but impassable save for birds and other flying creatures. But the strangest part of all was that there was no animal life or vegitation growing on the mountains. Supposedly there was a valley on the other side but that prospect seemed increasingly remote given the apparently dead and in some places-snow covered mountain peaks.

After almost a half hour of searching Lyon might have found a thin break, allowing for an increasingly narrow path through the mountains but who knew where it lead. But he still had other options. He could choose not to take the path and go either around the mountain range to the north or to the east. The range, seeming to form a semi-circle like strucure from what he had glimpsed so far.

Of course he could always turn back instead. But what would his choice be? Follow the barely trodden path? Follow the mountains North, follow the mountains east? Or would he return the way he had come... perhaps he would come up with a new strategy, a different way to pass through the mountains, but only Lyon could decide.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:04 pm

Lyon, thinking of his options saw another narrow pass above him, only about 10 meters up. He wasn't to the point where he couldn't turn back but this was not an option to him. He shundo'd up the steep pass of the mountain and almost going too high skid down until he found the pass. Almost knocked off balance he continued following it. He avoided a few loose rocks as he followed the pass and it ended not too far from where he started. "What in the world am I thinking?" Lyon said looking around him. "There is no easy way around this pass, there is seemingly no life... seems odd, even in the magic world." Lyon said speaking aloud to himself. He slid down a small incline to another pass and continued along it. He wasn't high up but there was no easy way back if he fell. That he was sure of.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Taking the pass it was not long before Lyon came to another dead end at least fifteen meters high, but what lay up that high was unknowable. However soon he heard a loud roar behind him. Had he turned around he would have seen a mountain lion the size of a truck with its eyes narrowed at him, blocking his way back. He could go up the pass or face the gigantic mountain lion, a precarious situation to begin with but made even more so by the constant uneven footing, a factor which would have no effect on the giant mountain lions nimble steps but which might hinder Lyon greatly.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Lyon looked at this creature in awe at it's size. He was curious as to where it came from seeing there was no sign of life before but knew he would have a great disadvantage in fighting it. If he shundo'd up to the next ledge would it still find a way to him? Did he truly have a choice? Lyon had many questions at this point, only adding to the strangeness of this mountain range. He decided to face this mighty creature, looking back at it he pulled out his dagger and flipped it into the air, catching it a moment later in anticipation of it's first move. He steadied himself on what little footing he had and watched every move the creature made.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:20 pm

The creature growled for a moment longer before disengaging from its stance and lying down, its massive head resting on its equally massive paws. It continued to stare at Lyon for some time before it did anything.

"You're really no fun you know that?" Without warning the Lion spoke in an unnaturally sophisticated accent. "I mean, here I am, ready to chase you for several days high and low across the mountain range and what do you do? You turn and face me without a second though.. pfft, and at your power too. *sigh* well then scurry along little mouse, I don't have time to hunt something as puny as you if you're going to through your life away right there." The lion said, waving its paw nonchalantly but with a faint air of disappointment in its voice.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Lyon was slightly taken aback at the voice he was now hearing. "Why are you here and what is beyond this mountain range?" Lyon said with his guard still up. His attention staying with the lion. "And what interest am I to you if I only run away?" Was his final question. He waited intently for a response.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:35 pm

"*sigh* You really Aren't going to leave me alone unless I answer your questions are you? Alright then, on the other side of this mountain range is an area that is not filled with mountains. And if there are no mountains there then I am not interested. What kind of mountain lion would I be if I hunted in a forest or (god forbid) a VALLEY!

And the REASON you're no interest to me unless you run is because I like to give my prey a sporting chance. I would be quite the glutton if I only ate things that weren't moving, and so I only eat the things which run away. Keeps me in shape you know. And if you think this thing
" he said flicking the dagger with his sword sized retractable claw "Could actually hurt me then you are soorly mistaken. As far as I'm concerned you're not even Worth killing. Now run along now, it's only three hundred more meters up before the appex o the pass is reached, run along now."

Again the lion gave a dismissive wave eager to get Lyon out of his hair.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 pm

"How often do you actually see things come through the mountains... actually, never mind." Lyon said giving up on the rest of his questions. Even if there was more to be asked. He just wanted to see this person he was told about with the voices. Lyon looked away and shundo'd up the mountain 15 meters to the next pass and continued on his way. He stopped when he was a bit farther and looked back. "Thanks..." Lyon said loosely to the mountain lion. Lyon looked away and continued on his way.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Had Lyon continued on this path he would have found these "walls" of high vertices blocking him regularly every half a mile, increasing in hieght but always providing asubsequent area to follow, even if it was rocky and strewn with boulders it was possible to make ones way through. After almost an hour of climbing he would have found that he had at last reached the apex of the pass, and been granted a glimpse of what came afterwords.

Stretching out before him was a great, almost bowl-shaped valley. Ringed within the mountain range was a delicate treeline, filled with pines and evergeens. As one travled further in one would find smaller, trees of an angiospermic variety, with broad leaves, flowering plants and limbs which could be climbed on. Wthin these concentric rings of trees sat an area of tall- green meadow like grasses swaying softely in the breeze. These grasses surrounded an oblong sand bar, dropping off sharply from sod to silt and gradually slopping into the equally oblong lake. And in the center of this long lake, far from any shore, lay a small island, barely fifteen meters across and five meters wide, but sitting amidst this broad lake it seemed peaceful and serene.

A more picturesque etting could not be asked for, but which area would Lyon investigate first?
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Lyon looking at this scene, amazed at the beauty of the world and at a loss for words. He looked at each area but in the end decided to head towards the meadows. "How could such a place exist?" Lyon thought to himself as he continued his journey forward. No idea what he was looking for but carried on. The many questions flowing through his head. "What am I looking for?... Will I know when I get there?... Is this truly worth it?... Were those voices telling the truth?..." He had many questions but no answers. His best bet was to continue looking for answers and for what he did not know.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:36 pm

CLimbing down from the mountains took some time. The Sun had reached high in the sky now and caused the low hanging clouds to evaporate, leaving the sky bright and blue.

The meadow was soft, its grasses tickling Lyon's wrists as he passed through it. However there was one particular area which did not have such tall gasses. The area seemed to have been purposefully cut, leaving a broad expanse of mowed grass from the sandbar-drop to the tree line. Had he followed this odd sight of cut grass to the tree line he would have seen a log cabin, at the boarder between the meadow and the forest.

There was nothing distinguishing about the cabin save the magical circles etched onto the slanted roof catching the morning and late afternoon sun. One could only wonder who exactly built this place, and more importantly, who lived there.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Lyon, seeing this cabin started to approach it cautiously. He didn't know what might be inside it but figured it would be his best bet at finding a clue. "I wonder who loves there..." Lyon said as he reached the cut grass. The sun, bright and Lyon was starting to get thirsty. When he left for training he didn't bring much to eat and drink but had water. He pulled out his water bottle and drank some water to re-hydrate. He walked cautiously along the lawn and reached the door. He knocked through force of habit but had his dagger easily reachable. "Anyone there?" Lyon said softly, waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:07 pm

There was no response for several seconds before the door gently opened inside, squeaking on its hinges as it did so. Standing there was a boy probably no older than 14 or 15 wearing formal clothing that was extremely loose fitting. One wondered just how the loose fitting buisness shirt and pants managed to stay on they were so loose. The boy had light purple hair and seemed to carry himself with an abnormally tired stance. Pale skin contrasted with the dark toned clothes but mached his dim eyes.He yawned putting his hand over his mouth and squinting his eyes shut before opening them to a half-lidded sleepy state. The pale purple haired boy had dark red eyes. But what was perhaps most disturbing of all was his smile. A faint-sleepy smile that seemed to say "I know more than you" at once mocking and foreboding.

Looking up at the taller man he said "Hello, would you like some tea" Opening the door wide he was greeted by the cabins rustic yet modern interior.

Had he followed Lyon would have been brought into a back room with sitting chairs a pot of tea and warm sunlight streaming in through the windows. "So *sips tea* what brings you here?" asked nonchalantly as if addressing an old friend he had seen only yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:15 pm

After following this boy into the room quietly. He turned his music even quieter than it already was. Lyon sat at the table and took a sip of tea. "To be honest, I'm not exactly sure..." Lyon said as he glimpsed around the room. "Do you live here by yourself?" Lyon said looking back to the boy and taking another sip of tea. Lyon did not think anyone that young to live here alone so it seemed as a reasonable question to him. "What the heck is going on..." Lyon thought to himself. "First some strange voices, then a talking mountain lion and now this boy..."
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:22 pm

"No actually, I also live here with three apprentices and my two nieces.But I'm afraid that they are out at the moment, taking a trip to Ostia I believe. But they should be back tomorrow.*sip* Then again there are also the water elementals which live in the lake, the birds of the field, the fish of the air and the beasts of the sea... oh and then there's our next door neighbor Rouque Ja, but that's an entirely different story...sugar" Offering the sugar bowl to the young man, the boy seemed to have a lightbulb go off in his head. "Oh, I am sorry, where are my manners, my name is Mortimer, Mortimer C. Graves pleased to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 pm

"Nice to meet you..." He said taking another sip. "What do you mean by your apprentices?" Lyon said to him a tad bit confused. "How could he have apprentices?" Lyon thought. "He is only what... 15?" "And why do you choose to live here?" Lyon said setting the tea cup down. After a few moments he picked it back up and took another sip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Grounds (Al, Private)   Training Grounds (Al, Private) Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Grounds (Al, Private)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next