Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 am

"Okay see you later Nhieling, have fun and try not to destroy the world." The door closed behind the curse master and mortimer returned his attention to his students. "So... any more questions or would either of you like to try something a bit more complicated?"

Mortimer had one final layer to teach them... but then again he could just as easily save that part of the lesson for another day. It was all up to his students now.
Back to top Go down
Pyoh

Pyoh

Male Posts : 627

Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 am

Taurou unconsciously touched his left hand to his eye when Mortimer mentioned it then said, What will be next on the agenda then master? He went from one habit to another... And he was now eager to see what else his master would teach him.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 am

"Alright, this is the last and final thing I will teach you today. After which, you will spend the rest of the day practicing the techniques I have taught you... or whatever you want but if you want to get better I suggest you practice the techniques.

Now, you both have seen that in order to maintain shadow you need an immense amount of concentration, and this can be fatal in a combat situation. So what I will show you next should decrease the amount of concentration required for you to form objects.

Although this technique may make your shadow shaping less versitile, it will allow you to prepare more before hand. This is a method I personally developed, based on association. This is a bit of a simplistic view, if you experience a sensation or perform an action at the same time you call up your shadow, you can begin to associate the feeling with your shadows form. For example, by calling up a shadow blade at the same time I caused my little finger to tense up-
" Mortimers energies poured out of him forming the template of a shortsword and filling it with shadow almost instantly and staying there "-I can form a pre-determined object almost instantly... after hours of association, my shadow automatically associates the tense pinky with this form, and so long as my pinkie finger remains tense, my shadow will remain in this form.

In fact the same thing can be done with anything. You could prick one of your fingers and associate the pricking with a shadow chair. Then so long as you felt the pain in your finger the chair would remain. Or maybe even a particular flavor of gum could cause you to make a shield of shadow. Then you'd have a shield until the flavor ran out...unless you also trained yourself to associate it with the taste of flavorless gum...hmmmm.

The point is to provide you with a stimulant you can easily reproduce, which you can spend a bit of your concentration on rather than an entire weapon at once... alternatively using this method will make you more familiar with a given template and may allow you to call it up and focus on it more quickly and easily. In time you could eventually get rid of the physical cues and concentrate on the object without stimulating yourself. But for beginners this is a viable method for quick creation and little concentration.

Make sense?
"
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 am

Erm...sure thing Darren said at this.

Sigh* Something to associate with to almost instantaneously form a shadow thingie,
he wondered aloud, but what?

Maybe the thought of pudding and firetrucks ?a voice replied to him

Suddenly his trusty pudding dragon appeared on his shoulders gripping it tightly.

Darren suddenly had a spasm in his control. He wasn't expecting this random interaction as he caused his shadow to form up over his arm making something rather impressive hitting the wall and his bench with it by surprise.

or maybe that Albert said easing his grip on Darren a little bit, turning to the crowd sorry...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:21 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 am

This thread is OVA
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 am

Alberio : 4SP 3MP 200 000 :sp:
Junken : 2SP 1MP 1000 000 Drachma
Pyoh : 1SP 1MP 150 000 Drachma
Daisuke : 1SP 1MP 150 000:dp:
Ryousuke : 1SP 120 000 Drachma
Dorianodet :1SP 80 000 Drachma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3