Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) Empty
PostSubject: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:55 am

"You are here today because you want to learn shadow magic. Now first of all, I want to know what is shadow?"

Mortimer sat in his home acing a blackboard as a umber of benches stood behind him. The soft morning light streamed through the window illuminating dust particles in sunbeam like displays.

It was bright, it was fairly early and normally he wouldn't be up but today was the day. The perfect day for anyone who wanted, to learn to manipulate shadows.
Back to top Go down
Pyoh

Pyoh

Male Posts : 627

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:01 am

Shadows are the darkness in the world manifested to be used by a mage. Taurou said sitting on one of the benches to Mortimer's right. Or at least, that's my perspective of them. He shrugged and scratched his shadow covered arm unconsciously.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:03 am

Darren was in his makeshift desk/chair combination occasionally adjusting himself to keep the fragile thing together.

Eventually, however, he finally gave up getting very angrily and breaking his failure of a creation and sat down with a gruff as he listen to Mortimer's speech.

NO! It's the thing that forms when light hits you from a certain angle he said without any form of sarcasm for once.

He stood up straight. He needed to do well, he thought, if I can't succeed here how can I succeed in the field?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:14 am

"Alright then. What we have here are the two aspects of any elemental magic! Now, all elemental magics share two aspects, one based on science the other based on spirituality. Light magic for example has the scientific aspect of photons and the spiritual aspects of being "holy" or "positive". This same theorem can be applied to any elemental magic. Fire for example has the scientific aspect of "combustion reactions" and the spiritual aspect of "destruction" or "power".

Largely, the spirtual aspects of an element are abstract adjectives and so constitutes a near-infinite list of possible words and descriptions, thus why it takes a single mage so long to truly master any given one element. They must know both its exact scientific description and all adjectives pertaining to it.

Now, shadow is special in that it has perhaps the most simple spiritual aspects, yet the most complex scientific explanation.

Since this lesson is about shadows, not on darkness, you will be learning how to manipulate your own shadow rather than all forms of darkness. Now to put it simply in terms of spirituality, your shadow is every aspect of yourself, which you reject. It is your negative, what remains when light has illuminated the rest of your being. Your shadow is you, shown through the physical phenomena of photonal blockage... any questions so far? If not then we will move onto the discussion behind the science of shadow.
"
Back to top Go down
Pyoh

Pyoh

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:17 am

When he heard the explanation, Taurou placed his hands on the table in front of him and places his chin ontop of his intertwined fingers. No questions here, master. His ears twitched as he looked at Darren.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 am

Darren confused as usual tried his best to keep up.

Yea... whatever he said clutching his head with his right hand.

Ugh maybe if I see it I'll understand he thought.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:37 am

"Alright then." Reaching down to the floor Mortimer seemed to grip his shadow and pull it up off the floor, before setting it up standing next to him.

THe shadow, formerly an amorphous blob, now appeared to be a near exact replica of Mortimer save that it was entirely black and colorless.

"This" he said indicating the Mortimer copy "Is my shadow. It is in every aspect myself, except it is not myself and every aspect which is not me is part of the shadow.

To put it more bluntly, the parts about myself which I don't like are embodied in this shadow. For example, I like to sleep a lot, but there is a part of me that wants to get up and do things. That part of me, or as some people might call it my "hard working" part, is manifested in my shadow. Another example is that I actually have an anger streak. yet I reject my anger and repress it so that I can live a normal life. Thus, my shadow represents the angry parts of me which I reject. So you see, every part of me which I do not like, which I refuse to let define me or be a part of me, are manifested in my shadow. Understand now?
"
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male Posts : 1468

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:40 am

Slightly late to reach though he was within the area rather early due to Ryousuke but ended sleeping somewhere. When he woken up, he quickly rushed towards the group so didn't quite catch the first part of what he missed from Mortimer.

Daisuke was somehow confused on the informations given eventhough he could remember them exactly in his mind just that he is horrible at interpretting them "So.. we just understand that and control em'?" He just made a random thought and said it out.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:48 am

"No actually. The truth of the matter is that anyone with enough magic skill can manipulate shadow regardless of whether or not they actually know the theory behind it. However shadow can only be utilized fully by someone who understands the basics. You could start a fire using simply what you've seen, or freeze water into ice by putting it in a cold place, but unless you understand forces of friction and thermodynamics you will not understand HOW these things happen, simply that they do. Th same thing goes for shadow. Using shadow magic without knowing the basics is like making ice cubes without knowing about water molecules.

Now if there are no further questions we will move onto the science portion of the lesson... any objections?
"
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:54 am

With Mortimer's visual aid Darren got understood it all.

Yes Master! I understand he said, now half worrying about his darker side.

I'll put my all in this even though I might not like what I may see he thought, imagining his darker side.
Back to top Go down
Pyoh

Pyoh

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:57 am

No objections. Taurou said. He was actually interested in something other than violence for once. And now that his interest was piqued, he wanted the lesson to continue.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:03 am

"Alright then. Now you should all know that a shadow is created when light is blocked from reaching a given area. You stand between light and a given area and what is created is an area with less photons striking it than normal. However that doesn't accurately explain what shadow is now does it? If a shadow is merely an area with less photons than another, then how does it have physical substance? All of the constructs which I create are made up of a combination of magic and shadow... but shadow has no physical substance. Yet you have clearly seen me pick a shadow up off the floor? THus we are left with a paradox. How is it that you can manipulate something as if it were a physical object when really there is nothing there? Please discuss amongst yourselves and then I shall shed some...light on this issue"
Back to top Go down
Ryousuke

Ryousuke

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:07 am

Ryousuke has taken the form of a necklase around Daisuke's neck listening to what the group has to say and seems like Taurou and Darren were just going on probally understanding it but whatever, it was none of his concern. Ryousuke remained quiet as a necklase leaving the conversation to go on smoothly.

Within the necklase was Ryousuke in an alternate dimension of data where he was researching on everything he could on shadows and what Mortimer had to teach. As though it may seem odd at first, maybe what Mortiner may be teaching might allow the cut of the limiters both Ryousuke and Daisuke had. It's rather hard to understand in theory but there's a feeling undescribeable in it.

He know ofcourse Daisuke isn't the theory type unlike he himself as Daisuke would be more on experiencing it to learn it. Back to the scene then shall we?
Back to top Go down
Pyoh

Pyoh

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:09 am

Master... That was a horrible pun. He shook his head and Stood. I'm just guessing, but you merged your magical aura with the shadow and turned it into a physical substance so you could pick it up and so it can touch objects, such as this. He tossed a pencil at the shadow.
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:12 am

Daisuke made a sweatdrop from what sounds to be of a joke. "Okay..." Though he doesn't really get what to discuss on.

The only thing Daisuke could think of would be off the same as his abillity to contruct matters of shapes in his mind. He really had to experience it first before he could even try it out so his rather blur on the case. Also note that he has yet to even noticed that Ryousuke has taken the form around his neck while asleep.

He raised his hand and seemed to have a confident look on his face "I don't get it!" He said that so confidently... "Can you teach in a different way?"
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:17 am

He looked at the group and did his

All-I-Know-Is-Dragons-And-Pudding Look

He sighed*

If only I wasn't baka blue...
Back to top Go down
Ryousuke

Ryousuke

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:18 am

Ryousuke could actually hear what is going on outside and the situation is with Daisuke. He made a sweatdrop thinking "Maybe I should tell him to quiet down..." He got up some rather interesting informations in his world and seems to might have understand it but won't be sure if it may help Daisuke. In this case, he would make a sigh but he prefer to keep the matters secret for now.

It was rather easy for Ryousuke to understand but it has to be experienced first before his conclusion is made certain. This is where he will observe on what the others does and Daisuke as well. He didn't want to try it out himself first for now even though he could probally..
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:28 am

"Alright then, I've let you all stumble around long enough... The truth of the matter is that shadow mages have been debating for centuries what the scientific form of shadow is. Many believe that it is the same as darkness however that is for another time.

The bottom line is that no-one has a perfect grasp on what the physical form of shadow is or how it can be manipulated according to scientific terms. Taurou, you were closest, given what you knew you logically assumed that shadow did not have a physical substance, rather it was a purely spiritual construct made manifest through magic, much in the same way some ki-users are capable of transforming strong emotions into more power, or how mages can transform magic into a curse, something which has physical symptoms but which can not be found to have any scientific meaning behind it.

However it should be known that highly advanced magic is indestinguishable from science. However the physical form of shadow still alludes us.

There have been some who have postulated that there IS no scientific basis for shadow and that as Taurou suggested it is a purely spiritual construct. There are others however who believe that the scientific form of shadow and darkness are one in the same, (no on to date has sufficiently refuted this claim) and that they are both made up of microscopic particles winking in and out of existence. However basis for these particles is still hypothetical given the only good place one may measure them is in the interstellar vacuum of space.

So from what I have said now are there any questions?
"
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:33 am

Darren did his look again.

Sounds good. It would be hilarious if I understand it and make some "amazing" breakthrough about it. I mean it's an art that isn't complete right? Maybe it needs a....fool to mess with it to make it right?
he joked.

Ah, sorry he said catching himself.

It was the first time he lost composure around Morti ever since he had hisbrushed with Jecht.

I might be too accustomed to being soft he thought.

Sigh* Continue...

Last edited by Jukensong on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:37 am

Mortimer's explaination was so great with great amount of information in just about every phrase. This made Daisuke...go totally blank in thoughts "Huh?" He couldn't follow it since it was detailed which made him lost track of the teaching. He took a quick glance of the surrounding and then back to Mortimer asking "Can you show us on how to do so?" Daisuke seemed to had a plan in him which he hope that it may be right. But first, he'd need an example of it so moving closer to Mortimer.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:00 am

"I'll show you how to form shadows into solid objects next. In the meantime does anyone have any further questions? If not then I'll explain the technique to you all."
Back to top Go down
Pyoh

Pyoh

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:03 am

Taurou shook his head as usual. No questions here. He jerked a thumb towards Darren, Doubt he has any either... He just sits there really.... He looked at the shadow Mortimer had materialized. He stood up and was going to touch it, when he remembered the shadows infused with his arms, and didn't think it best to touch the shadow anymore.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:09 am

"Alright then" Letting the shadow dissipate it returned to the patch of darkness on the floor.

"Now in order to perform this technique there are three steps for begginers. First you must circulate two layers of magical energy around your hands. Since this is the basics simply imagine a dense glove of magical energy around your hands.

The method is similar to that of shundo except much more gentle and gradual. Feel the magical energy flow through you and then let it flow out your hands... but not too far, keep it in close so that it covers your hands like a pair of gloves... okay?
"
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:16 am

Darren snapped out of his look.

I''ve been paying attention is all he snapped at Taurou.

Hmph!
he said as he proceeded to make the glove.

He already knew how to make a shundo so he was familiar with putting it all in one point.

concentrate... he thought as he saw the shadows take hold in his arm.
Back to top Go down
Pyoh

Pyoh

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:19 am

Taking Mortimer's instructions, he focused his magic into a glove. The shadows on his hand already reacted to the new magic surrounding his hand. The shadows took over the "glove" and his hand got much heavier than it should be. He looked at Mortimer to see if this was somewhat normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)   Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic) Empty

Back to top Go down

Learning shadow (open too anyone who wants to learn shadow magic)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next