Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kagami737

Female Posts : 365

Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) Empty
PostSubject: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:03 am

Emi flew to Mortimer on Azurath's back, the bird landing on the Shadow Mage's shoulder. "I'm sure you got my message..." She hoped he did, she hid it in the one place she knew he would look. Hopefully they would begin training soon, Emi believed she really needed this. And it hadn't been easy finding her way to Mortimer's home either.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:22 am

Opening the window at the sound of the ravens pecking, Mortimer allowed the two in. Trying to be a hospitible host he set out cups of hot-chocolate for them on the table before taking his own seat across from them. "So what is it that brings you to my humble abode?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:48 am

Hey we have guest? said a voice in the dining room.

Oh hey he said as he saw Emi

He still had a sling on his arm from the last encounter he had with his host's partner Kagami

"Oh nice to meet ya, who might you be?"

Last edited by Jukensong on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:03 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
Kagami737

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:51 am

[It's Emi, not Kagami... But Kagami can join if you want. XD]
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:01 am

(He said Emi)

"[b]You remember Emi right? You met her with Kagami at he bandits pass. Apparently she cme here to learn self defense given that she's... vertically challenged.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:07 am

He recalled the smaller one that was on Kagami's shoulders.

Ah yes sry. We haven't gotten to know each other since you helped me out there,
Anyways thanks for this he said as he lifted his left arm. The arm now had a huge scar running where the poison ran it's course. Looks pretty BA he thought as he looked at it himself.

Whatcha two up to anyway?
Back to top Go down
Kagami737

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:11 am

Emi laughed as she dismounted Azurath... "Weren't you listening silly, I came here to learn some basic defensive spells!" She honestly didn't get this guy... So sly one minute, so foolish the next.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 am

meh was in the other room he replied as he listened intently.

Magic is my weak point. Basic defense against it seems necessary.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:16 am

"Well then there are two ways we can go about this. Ican teach you the deflexio spell OR" he said with a sly grin "We can start crafting your own personal defensive spells... what do you want to do?"
Back to top Go down
Kagami737

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 am

"I want something less predictable to others, so I will go with the latter... Besides, creating is more fun than learning old stuff."
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 am

He glanced at her. Meh might as well go along with it. He thought

So, you got anywhere in mind to do all this training?
And what we'll be defending against?
he grimaced
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:28 am

"Alright then. Now firstly we need to see what forms of magic you can learn. Let the teaching BEGIN" The action would have been much more grandouise had something actually happened. Instead he maintained the stance hands held high in the air as if to cast a spell for several minutes. At last he seemed to get tired of it and hopped up into the overhead loft picking up the books on magical theory he had collected so far. And of course, what seemed to be the top of what once was a table covered in arcane designs and diagrams. Jumping back down to the ground floor he layed them out before his two students.

"Now first of all you need to know The basics of defense magic. THEN we can begin disscussion on spellcraft and then IF you're ready we can go into practical application and testing. If everything goes as schedualed you should both have personalized defensive spells in about 6 months... give or take half a year." SMilling at the end of his statement.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 am

The end of the motion ending made Darren laugh a little inward. He's not so scared of this guy's grand movements anymore so he kept his poker face until he heard his last statement.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/8938/eneruscared.jpg

Huh?!?!

He had to come back to Amelia eventually... 3 months was already stretching it

Last edited by Jukensong on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kagami737

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:37 am

Emi thought about the risks and benfits for several minutes... "Just so I can get a better idea of pros and cons, learning an already-made defensive spell would take how long?"
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:58 am

"About 72 hours. But then again the other method IS give or take six months so anywhere from no time at all to a full year. It all kindof depends on your natural aptitude for defensive magic and effortless processing."
Back to top Go down
Kagami737

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 am

Emi sighed... Such a dufficult choice... "Well then let's leave it to chance!" She said, Azurath getting out a silver dollar on her signal - muggle money.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:02 am

"Tails... so what does that mean to you exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:03 am

He look at the Mort.

Huh? he said

Amplitude for defensive processing?

He looked back. Has there ever been a time where he actually blocked an attack?

He thought back thinking about the dodge he made against gaurds and not so recently Kagami using an advance body turn to avoid the strike.

Avoiding strikes seemed to be his forte, but his actual guard was untested.

Erm shure we can try out both methods. Um, not to be nosy what did Kagami do with her defense?
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:08 am

"Kagami suplemented her normal defensive tool (her buckler) allowing for her flaming ki to adhere to its surface. By doing this she made it so that her defense actually posessed offensive capabilities. Enemies who are blocked by her shield are then left to deal with the flames coming from it. Of course this is mostly because kagami is undead and so therefore can't die under normal circumstances. So she never focused too much on defense because her wounds would have healed in the next 48 hours. But by and large she created her own defensive technique without relying on pre-established practices."
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:15 am

Hmm Darren took in everything Mort had to say.

Being a vampire must be something else he thought as he remembered the malice in his last spar with her. I'll have to ask her about that one day.

Well let's try to see if we can make our own defense first, he thought aloud

He recalled Amelia's Barrier technique. It was the basic stuff and it barely blocked her from the malicious elements.

I'd like something passive instead of having to actively create shields while trying to dodge hits he replied.
Back to top Go down
Kagami737

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 am

Just then Emi thought of something... Jess used her earth magic to make a hard outer shell around herself... Maybe the chimera could do similar by hardening her exoskeleton... She snapped her little fingers as it came to her. "I got it!" And she explained the idea to Mortimer and Darren.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:20 am

He heard her out.

Hmm that seems similar to the technique the Dragoons used called Dragonskin.

Interesting he replied in turn.

Let's see if we can get it as a permanent state of defense?

Hehe
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:26 am

Responding to Darren first he said "I'm afraid that's going to be difficult. You see by its very nature most defensive spells are cover. In order to cast offensive magic you need to go around a defensive buffer. What'smore, shields are very difficult to make portable. We might be able to design some sort of magic armor for you but it would only act as a buffer initially and probably wouldn't be that strong... but I might be able to teah you my shadow shaping technique. It's extremely versitile, and can be used to make weapons, armor and uncomplex-machines by manipulating shadows. But then again it might be a bit much for a novice to handle, and if I'm not mistaken you're more familiar with storm based magic yes?"

Then responding to Emi's querie "....Hmmmmm it's definately possible. As a chimera your natural body shape is not as fixed as most individuals so shapeshifting and magical mutation may come easier to you. It is possible and you could probably do it but I warn you that there is a reason chimera's and most forms of transformation magic are not exactly "street legal". They are highly unstable and if too many errors are made in processing you could find yourself transformed into a reavenous-nigh unstopable killing machine. You can do it but you might end up hurting yourself and your illeagal status would probably increase another notch."
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:33 am

He heard Mort's explanation and didn't even bother with trying to understand Emi's situation.

Uh...no I don't know anything about magic. I just recite the words of my ancestors and effects take place. No real concentration is needed and the power of the spell is usually based on my feelings. Kuh... you know any decent armors I can find in the area i can mix with that shadow magic?

He hesitated when he said this.

He was very superstitious of the dark side of his soul. They say'd the greatest dragoons that ever had succumbed to darkness after defeating their most epic of boss dragons.
Back to top Go down
Kagami737

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:48 am

Kagami sighed... "Well... At least I know the risks. but thus far I've taken so many more chances than that..." It was clear that wouldn't make her give up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)   Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join) Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Basic Defense (Al, PM BOTH to Join)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next