Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basic Abilties for Mages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

Basic Abilties for Mages Empty
PostSubject: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:57 am

Would anyone mind if i put the full scope of a basic mage's abilities here?? It seems like the mage characters arent quite aware of how powerful the basic abilities are.

Basic Magic:
Telekinesis
Weak Elemental Magic, Stronger depending on your affinity.
Telepathy
Clairvoyance
Basic Mind Reading/Translation Magic (Picking up basic emotions/ translating languages)
Basic Reinforcement-type(Equivalent of an adult man) Even the tiniest little girl mage is as strong as a man.
Flying( Using anything you can stand on, but its unable to achieve complex instructions like a broom)
Barrier( Basic Anti-Physical Magic Shell, nothing like the mage's magic circle barriers)
Magic Berserk (When put under a lot of physical or emotional stress, the mage will sometimes[unintentionally] lose control of there magic, which allows them to go beyond there physical and magical limits, but deals serious damage to the body of the person using it.)
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Female Posts : 912

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:11 pm

I think Clairvoyance is going too far, others are good though.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:58 pm

No, these are the actual abilities of mage's, as in the Negima ones, i dont think Clairvoyance is quite like your ability though, here's the entry from the Lexicon(taken from vetus, cause i dont own the tankoban)

Clairvoyance
千里眼 senrigan

Clara Visibilitas. Observing in real time details and events that your eyes cannot physically see.

The Japanese literally means, “Thousand Li Eye” (a li being a Chinese unit of measurement, equivalent to 500 metres).

But in Negima, Negi used this only to see a few moments into the future, it was exact, but it didnt allow from much battle use.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:25 am

I think ki users should also have some basic abilities.
Back to top Go down
Micah

Micah

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:43 am

Can custom classes create their own?
Back to top Go down
Nina

Nina

Female Posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Nah, just a rough outline on overall for ki-based classes, IMO. If you wanted some for your custom class, you should just add it in your description.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:23 pm

i was planning on making a ki user one, i doesnt didnt have a moment to. Ill make another thread.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:17 am

So then all mages are capable of using these techniques and they don't count twords your limit of starter spells?
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:38 am

You still only get 3 spells, but once your approved these kind of spells can be used without any training
Back to top Go down
Aria

Aria

Female Posts : 511

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:57 pm

I wonder if it's possible to get rid of some of these and add a replacement, of course it needing improvement? I'm not going to do it, just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Well these dont seem noobgod. cause most them dont serve a direct battle purpose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Abilties for Mages   Basic Abilties for Mages Empty

Back to top Go down

Basic Abilties for Mages

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1