Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old ruin library [Training, private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

Old ruin library [Training, private] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old ruin library [Training, private]   Old ruin library [Training, private] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Nhieling start thinking a few second about it. Trying to remember the book he could gave Mortimer, and the one he couldn't allowed him to read.
I can do this, much, just follow me.

Then they moved back to the library. Nhieling start putting a hundred of book into the main room. And then launch a magic google at Mortimer. This will act as a traductor, I modify it since the last time for it to traduce this old language into our current one.

Nhieling was curious about what Mortimer was trying to do, but has a little doubt about the fact it was a good idea to help him with this. He though : I'm hoping I won't have to regret it. It would be a shame to have to activate the defense just for one guy.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: Old ruin library [Training, private]   Old ruin library [Training, private] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Mortimer nodded to Nhieling before setting himself down in a chair, picking a book up, opening to the middle... and then leaning back so the chair balanced on two legs with his feet on the table and the opened book on his face.

After thirty seconds, soft snores could be heard. To be honest it looked like Mortimer had just leaned back in the chair and fallen asleep... which he had technically.

It was only after he was asleep for a full minute that things began happening. The book on his face seemed to shoot off and land on the far side of the room, while one of the books on the top of the pile fell down into Mortimers opened hand. The pages whizzed passed, flipping at a lightning speed rate before a loud snap was heard as the back cover slammed shut. Tossing the book down, another fell from the top and the process was repeated. It wasn't until the fifth or sixth book however that things got in full swing.

The books stopped falling and instead began.... marching. It seemed like the books ere floating down from the top on invisible steps, like something out of fantasia as the marched past Mortimer, their spines ingling, their pages whirring and the loud thunks as each was finished and moved on. It wouldn't be surprising if one began hearing an orchestra in the background at this time.

Still things seemed to be going to slowly,and the shadow mage rose out of the chair... not rose as in "he stood up", more like.... "rose right up into the air". Really now, all the books around him were begging to swirl around the levitating yet prone mage. Dipping and diving around him, form concentric loops and spirals, each one seemingly waiting their turn to be flipped and then fall. Faster, and faster the books swirled, spiraling and falling towards him at once, forming an hourglass of books as they came down at him in a a wide spiral cone, and then fell down past him joining the heap of books below.

There was most definatley orchestra music playing somewhere now.

Floating into a more vertical position, Mortimer floated down to the book covered table. Reaching out one hand palm open facing the books, he moved it without bending his elbow, straight so that his hand faced the wall. As he did this the fallen books moved with it, arranging themselves in a checkerboard wall of books. He snapped his fingers and all of them opened at once, each flitting through their pages, as new books continued to float down towards him, read, and then join a mirrored process on the opposite wall forming another checkerboard pattern of opened flipping books.

The table beneath his feet was clear now, and so needed to be filled. Without touching the table his index finger moved in rapid fire strokes, causing the wood to tear and carve out. Still reading, he was engraving the table with knowledge. The script began small and continued that way, occasionally interrupted by an arcane diagram or equation of some kind. The inscriptions continued, even halfway down the table and underneath Mortimers feet the were magically etched. After what seemed like almost 2 hours there was only an inch of free table space left... And apparently that was where he cited the works involved. This was perhaps the strangest part as he had not only apparently memorized
the texts, but provided appropriate citations for the works as well.

Over the course of two hours Mortimer had effectively "read" over a hundred books, condensed the information to a tables surface and properly cited it all too boot....

At last Mortimer seemed to float back horizontaly on the table and come to rest gently. After almost a minute like that he stirred and rose sleepily from the table. Yawing and stretching he asked Nhieling "So *yawn* what'd I miss?"
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Old ruin library [Training, private]   Old ruin library [Training, private] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Nhieling was sitting at the other side of the room, himself reading a book about materalization. When Mortimer ake up, he closed the book and stand up.
Oh, nothing much. I've try to use the same spell as before, with making it solid too. It was a success, but I can't at the same time keep it solid and activate the emotion drain yet. I'll have to train more I guess.

However, was your nap instructing? I was curious about the use you wanted to make out of it.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: Old ruin library [Training, private]   Old ruin library [Training, private] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Feeling the carving underneath his hands he pulled his hand up and looked down at the table. Then back up at Nhieling "Yeah, looks like it... mind if I take this table home with me?"

OOC; Ya think this thread is complete?
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Old ruin library [Training, private]   Old ruin library [Training, private] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:35 pm

[Nearly. Oh, and I've loved the reference about the orchestra]
Looking at the table with regret, Nhieling answered : No problem, since you've already destroyed a 2 thousand year old furniture...
Then Nhieling and Nhieling went out. While tracing the ritual circle, Nhielind said : I'll sent you back, but I'll stay here, I want to finished the materialization spell, even if it's incomplete right now I want it to be stable.
Then he started the ritual, with Mortimer sitting on the table...

Just before sending back Mortimer, Nhieling add :

Oh, one more thing, the only problem with people like you that don't like fame of things like this, is that they tend to act in the shadow, and disappear. But I want you to remember this well, then Nhieling grinned,
I NEVER let go one of my toy. Once you enter my game, you won't get out of it if I take a licking of you. Keep this in mind, no matter where you go you're still in my reach...
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Old ruin library [Training, private]   Old ruin library [Training, private] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:26 am

Rewards:

Alberio: 5 SP, 4 MP and 700,000 Drachma
Niheling: 5 SP, 4 MP and 700,000 Drachma
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old ruin library [Training, private]   Old ruin library [Training, private] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old ruin library [Training, private]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3