Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arthas

Arthas

Male Posts : 122

Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  Empty
PostSubject: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 am

Account Name: Arthas

Name: Drake Tevinter Maddox
Nickname: D, Tev, Tevinter
Height: 6'0
Weight: 165 lbs
Group: N/A
Affiliation: Dark
Blood-type: B+
Likes: Drake likes to read and write in his free time, mostly outdoors in the sun or inside. He loves all kinds of bladed weaponry but not so much modern weapons. He also likes to learn about history and has an in-depth knowledge of them. Lastly Drakes tends to take an interest in technology and culture from the "Old World" such as computers, video games, and pop culture.
Dislikes: He dislikes people who have no idea what they're talking about as well as people who seem to be smarter than him. He absolutely hates it when someone questions his intelligence or all around idiots. Drake also hates it when nobody listens to him or takes him seriously.
Fears: He has a fear of letting people close to him die, he is also afraid he can't live up to his own expectations or morals he sets for himself. Above all else he fears being a failure to his family's line.
Physical Description: Drake has a dark skinned complexion, looking as though he can be from the European nation of Spain or Italy. He has midnight black hair with red streaks going down to his shoulders, he also has bright icy blue eyes. He is of average height for an adult but has a nimble body allowing for him to be very agile and quick, he has a tattoo on his left shoulder of a red imp with green smoke around it. He also has many scars dotted along his body and face the most noticeable being a long gash going straight down his right eye, starting from the middle of his forehead down to half his cheek.
Magic Keywords: Mucro ingenii vindictam. Haec magnam fur. (Blade, Wit, and Revenge. These are what make a great thief.)
Ki or Magic? Magic
Clothing: Normally he wears red and black leather armor with a tattered red and black cloak along his shoulders with an attached hood, he also has a leather face mask with the armor. He has bandages wrapped around two sheathed daggers on his spaulders and more bandages wrapped around his legs and arms. Along his waist are two belts crisscrossing one another with many pouches holding different weapons and items, strung across his torso are two sword holsters and a black collapsible staff. Finally under his weapons and armor his a black linen shirt and pants.
Accessories: A pendant with his family crest and a black onyx ring.
Extra: A tattoo on his left shoulder.
Picture:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Drake has been on his own for most of his live, so he's done what he did to survive. He lived by any means necessary at any cost, no matter how many things or lives must be sacrificed. Because of this he has learned to trust no one and take what he needs. He has a satanic side to him that no one wants to see and a short temper that could go off at any moment. He plays by his own rules, morals, and guidelines having no one else to teach him right vs. wrong. Drake also has an excellent poker face, having earned it by growing up on the streets of the Old World and running with various gangs. Most of the time no one can tell what he's thinking or plotting, the only time it ever shows is when he gets really pissed his rage displaying all across his face. He also has a natural intelligence to him that no one can understand. He's never had any "traditional" schooling and yet he has an in-depth knowledge of history and literature. He has the cunning of a fierce war general and the insight of a college professor, mixing that with his street smarts makes for a truly terrifying opponent. Drake is also a bit heartless and has a bitter outlook towards things, so most of the time he remains by himself and is a loner.

History:
Drake was born into a wealthy and influential family within Mundus Magicus, his parents being politicians within Megalomesembria. But at the age of four his parents were charged with treason for killing one of their close colleagues, it was a set-up of course. Orchestrated by the other corrupted politicians to further their own goals and agendas but no one believed that. So his parents were taken into custody and sentenced to execution, but they escaped. Taking back their son from the orphanage he was sent to the three were now wanted fugitives and travelled all along the world to find a safe haven from Megalo. So for another 3 years Drake and his family moved from place to place not staying in one spot for too long and jumping all across the magical world. Sadly Drake's parents would not live to see him become an adult. While heading towards the Old World to finally be free and start anew they were ambushed at the gateport. What ensured was a battle between his parents and the soldiers of MM the soldiers winning out victorious. But Drake refused to go with them, so as soon as the gate was about to close he joined in at the last second and arrived in Wales. As soon as he arrived he ran, not knowing exactly where he was going. Drake was lost in another world, alone, and orphaned all by the age of seven.

He finally sought refugee within London, England after three months travel from Wales. Three years after living on the streets of London did he meet someone who could help him, a Magistra Magi by the name of Victoria Blackwood who took it upon herself to look after him until he reached maturity. He lived with her for five years in a nice apartment with everything he ever dreamed of. She taught him the magic she knew, his specialty being fire and lightning magic. She cared for him like a sister would a brother, and for once Drake wasn't alone. But then it all changed when Victoria was killed in the crossfire of a street fight.

Drake was alone yet again and abandoned the apartment taking only what was essential with him and going right back to the streets of England. He started to get into some gangs and fights, becoming a thief taking what he needed no matter the cost. He taught himself how to use a dagger and quickly became a master at it, going past daggers to throwing knives then to swords. By 18 he was the most feared street lord in London but he cared little for it. After 18 he left the streets and traveled back to Wales, to return home to Mundus Magicus. Until he was 21 he worked as a mercenary for hire taking on any job for any money, and over those 3 years he finally knew what he wanted to achieve in life. 14 years of death and pain changes a man. Drakes new goal in life and his only goal was to take revenge on those who took away everything he loved so long ago. His targets? Every single politician in MM he could get his hands on. He won't quit until they're all dead and will achieve his goal at any cost no matter the sacrifice.

Class: Magical Bladesmen: Thief Edition - A Magical Bladesmen is a person who is expertly skilled in using any kind of bladed weaponry and magic. They combine their magic with a sword, dagger, or any other weapon to make it become very destructive and deadly, mix that with the skills of a street smart thief then you have no chance in hell. While the Magical Bladesmen: Theif is very agile and quick they are notorious for not being incredibly strong or good at performing overly complicated spells, sacrificing strength and skill level for speed and accuracy.

Weaponry/Equipment:
  • 2 Swords - They are sheathed along his back and made of steel, having a black and silver finish. They are extremely sharp and lightweight, going for speed and accuracy than attack power.

• 3 Daggers - Two are located on his shoulders wrapped in bandages another is a bowie knife along the back of his belt. Again they go for speed and accuracy rather than power.

• Throwing knives - Drake has throwing knives sheathed on various places of his armor for quick usage.

• Black Wooden Staff - He was given this staff by Victoria for his training. He mostly uses it as a broom and to perform his more powerful spells, it is his most prized possession.

• A knapsack+pouches filled with various items such as food, water, rope, sharpening stones, and smokebombs.

Stats – 53
Strength: 5
Accuracy: 20
Endurance: 7
Speed: 16
Intelligence: 4

Stat Points Earned: 0|8
Jewels Earned: 0

Sources:

Skills & Disciplines:
  • Parkour - Drake can run easily through urban or city areas, losing pursuers or catching someone quickly. He learned this skill while joining up with various gangs in London.

• Pickpocket - Drake is a very skilled pickpocket allowing him to grab what he needs at any time almost completely undetected. It takes someone with a very keen sense of observation to notice he's stealing.

• Tactician - He can come up with a plan or strategy within a matter of seconds, also calculating the chances of success. It was a very useful skill when he was in a pinch.

• Master Bladesmen - He is a master at almost all types of bladed weaponry knowing how to use it and how deadly it is. He favours Daggers, Swords, and Throwing knives but can use spears, axes, tomahawks, etc.

Magic Name: Shadow Blade
Magic Type: Offensive/Defensive/Buff
Magic Description: Drake can infuse his weapons with different magic, the weapon taking on the magics effect. He also utilizes the skills of being a Thief such as melding into the shadows, pickpocketing, and observation.
TP/KP Earned: 0|8
Techniques: 18/18

Stealth - 1
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Incantation: N/A
Range: N/A
Effect: Drake blends in with his surroundings, melding into the shadows or just simply walks in with a crowd. From there he can either escape or sneak up on his opponent, disabling them quickly.

Confirmatio Fulminans - 4
Type: Offensive/Buff
Incantation: Fulgur transfigat tenebris præsta mea lamina vestra celeritate.
Effect: Drake adds a lightning reinforcement to his weapon, increasing the users speed and accuracy by +8. It also gives a stun effect decreasing the targets speed and accuarcy by -8 lasting for 2 posts. Has a three post cooldown.

Death Blossom - 3
Type: Offensive
Range: Within Weapon Range; Dagger=1.5m/Sword=2.4m
Effect: Drake does an evasive maneuver, flipping over enemies and striking them with his weapon three times. 2 post cooldown.

Saggita Magica - 2
Type: Offensive
Incantation: [Number] spirtus [element] coentes sagittet inimicum
Range: 7m
Effect: Sends off 8 magical fire arrows to his target. Has a 1 post cooldown.

Fulmen Concustodio - 3
Type: Defensive
Incantation: Ducens fulgur caelo hoste protege, et exeunt. Fulmen Concustodio.
Range: Self/6m around
Effect: Creates a bubble of lightning around Drake to shield himself from physical and magical attacks. It can also spread out to protect other allies. Lasts for 3 posts with a 2 post cooldown after it ends.

Thief's Revenge - 5
Incantation: Revenge is man's greatest motivator, but also it's greatest weakness.
Range: 10-20m
Effect: Drake goes into a rampage with a flurry of attacks. He first throws out 5 throwing knives at his target then channels lightning magic into his feet increasing speed by +10 to sprint to his target and attacks them with his sword and dagger. Finally he channels fire magic into his weapons increasing the strength by +10 to overwelm his opponent. The buffs last for only 2 posts and has a 5 post cooldown after it ends.

Last edited by Arthas on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arthas

Arthas

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Finished. Can I use this Drake instead of the one I already have? Or it would be a whole new character?
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

Male Posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Going the Assassins Creed route again I see?

I'll go through the details a little more once I have more time but I just skimmed through quickly and that's what I noticed. :P
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 am

You're supposed to add the history stuff after, but ah well.

I'll wait for Daisuke or Crypt to go over it and then I shall approve.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Arthas

Arthas

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:21 am

@Lyon it's a mix of Assassin's Creed and the GW2 thief class. But yeah, I pretty much base all of my characters off of a video game concept.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

You are so lazy Will. :P
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:43 am

Lyon wrote:
You are so lazy Will. :P

Just letting the professionals do their job. ;)

Btw what do you want to happen to your old character?
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Arthas

Arthas

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 am

I want this to replace my old one. I made my old one when I wasn't a very experienced RPer or writer but now that I am I thought it would be good to revamp it, so you can either delete the topic or just replace it with this one.
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

Male Posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 am

Quote :
Confirmatio Fulminans - 4
Effect: Drake adds a lightning reinforcement to his weapon, increasing the users speed and accuracy by +8. It also gives a stun effect decreasing the targets speed and accuarcy by -8 lasting for 2 posts. Has a three post cooldown.

not even one word for incantations? since its a lvl 4 spell?
Back to top Go down
Arthas

Arthas

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:47 am

Well it's a spell used by Yue but i'm not sure if she used an incantation so.
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:50 am

ok...
1/2 approved
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:03 am

With an intelligence level of 4 there should be at least a 1 word incantation or a level of concentration like 1-2 post concentration to activate.
Back to top Go down
Arthas

Arthas

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:56 am

Done. Tell me if there's anything else.
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:41 am

Nope... i check it twice.. unless anyone disagrees. i approve.

1/2
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 am

An obvious thing with stealth is it wouldn't work when someone already is aware of you but that doesn't need to be stated. Before I offer my half of approvals, do you know what you would like to do with the other character sheet?
Back to top Go down
Arthas

Arthas

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 am

If you unlock it I can make it into an NPC or a whole new character. Or you can delete the topic altogether. Which ever one you prefer.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 am

I'm moving everything around now. Consider this my 2/2 approval.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)    Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Drake Maddox (RE-DONE)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1