Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Training magic [Inherent] Private

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Inherent

Inherent

Male Posts : 75

Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 am

He thought about what Nhieling had said and thought it was similar to when he creates a 'shield' around his cloak using his Ki to block some weaker attacks. But he understood the difference with this, is that it wasn't covering an inanimate object, but it was his own body, and try to make it so that his Ki reacted to changes in his body so that he no longer had to feel the changes in his body, but his magic would keep his body the same. So in a sense he could regenerate his body simply by keeping the Ki surrounding him, almost infused in his skin so that he could never grow old. I understand the basic concept and I feel a lot more powerful today than I have ever felt. You said something about books being accessible to me? I tend to learn a lot better when I can read it from a book than simply from theory. So if you could allow me, I would like to go towards a library then. Tsun walked over towards where Nhieling was standing hoping the motion would get him to head on out as well.

[Me thinks it's a good place to stop.]
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:46 am

I think that before trying to learn regrowing magic, you should already learn the two other not? ~

They both need a lot of training, and I can swear that it's impossible to train it alone if you aren't some kind of masochist.

[Nope, let's, push it a little farther Cat ]
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 pm

[Kay~]

Really? From what you said earlier, I thought it was simply training of the mind and learning about the body... But if you say so I guess I should do as you say. I still owe you my life and now I owe you my power as well. I guess it would be a shame for me to simply try to learn it from books and such. I simply thought that I was a bother to you so I believed that I could learn it as I said.

I understand the basic concept of restructuring magic, since it's a lot like the Ki defense I normally use, except I infuse my Ki with magic, but I guess it probably wont have the correct outcome as it should... So how should we start training then?
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Nhieling was still wondering how to handle him. He was too... Humble, like he never ever had something to be proud off, or to be more precise, like he wasn't the kind to act of his own easily.
Nhieling wasn't complaining about it, but he wasn't used to this kind of reaction toward him. Now that he though of it, generally his relations with other were tainted with fear and hate, even through it's not the case for everyone, but still...
Maybe not that bad.

So, we'll start with the ki one, if you don't mind, since it's the easier to use in battle. We'll also train your battle skill a little. You'll fight my puppet, don't try to come at me, I'll only do it half seriously. You can attack it as much as you want, it won't break anyway. I'll avoid damaging you critically, but you'll have to regenerate while fighting because I won't stop just because on some blood.

START

Nhieling launch hit puppet, only using it with half its strength through, to allowed him to fight back.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Tsun automatically launched into the forest for some more cover and began to try to hide his Ki, he place a few of his traps down and drew a map of the area to see if he could find him. Even though he was only going half seriously, this was still a completely one-sided fight. Tsun sighed, the puppet could not be destroyed, so should he really try and hide? He thought about it and it was counterproductive to the training. He could already survive a long drawn out battle, but, a hands-on fight he needed training for. Before the puppet entered his map he came back into the clearing and channeled his Ki into his cloak, before rushing at the puppet with a bear trap and his dagger. He sliced at the puppet just before him.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:44 pm

The main strength of Nhieling puppet in close combat what the fact that it ignore most of the law that rule martial art, meaning human body limit. No joint, no up, no down, no front, no back.

Without any delay, the puppet launch an axial slash in Tsun's shoulder direction.

[Sorry about the short post, I don't have anything to said special, it's your turn to develop turn to develop ^^]
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

[Forum was down for a bit so sorry about the delay]

Tsun barely moved out of the way the puppets arm still ripping through his cloak and slightly damaging his shoulder but not to the point that would limit his movement. Tsun had to abandon his dagger in order to make it out and he threw two bear traps at the puppet, trying to constrict the puppets movements while he tried to use his regeneration magic.

He took his eyes off the puppet long enough to focus on his wound, before receiving the same to bear traps he threw at the puppet on his arm. The pain seared through his body and he tried his hardest to pull off the clamps, luckily enough his cloak took most of the damage away but wasn't able to stop the physical pain, he could feel the bones in his right arm slowly being crushed.

He managed to remove them before once again being attacked by the puppet. He realized his stupidity in thinking he could face the puppet head on and pulled out another one of his traps from his rucksack to block the attack before retreating to the edge of the clearing.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:49 pm

You have to do it WHILE fighting. If you pull out of the fight each time you're hurt there is no point...

Nhieling sighed.

The puppet just had to rip off his own arm to take off the bear trap, and let it regenerate in the second.

Nhieling cancel his puppet scythe. He looked at Tsun, and this time attacked with the resolution to tear his skin apart with his puppet claw.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Tsun understood the whole point of the exercise, but him dying or tiring himself out after only an hour of fight was pointless. He doubled back with his dagger and forced his Ki channels to their maximum [Forgetting tomorrow +5 speed and accuracy for 5 posts o.o] He rushed at the puppet with his mind working quickly he dodged a slash that it made with its arms and picked up the dagger which he launched at Nhieling, once again he threw the bear traps at the puppets before getting pummeled by the puppets charge.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Nhieling catch the flying dagger, blocking it in mid air. At the same time his puppet easily dodge the bear trap.

Don't think that as a puppetist I'm necessarily weak myself... Controlling my puppet require as much accuracy as fighting with any ranged weapon.

If you want to try to seriously harm me, then... Don't complain if you get a little hurt in the process ehehe...
Said Nhieling, liking the side of the cut, sadistically.

He sent back the dagger at Tsun, and at the same time attacked him with his puppet, ready to dodge any of the eventual bear trap he could launch at him.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Tsun, being faster than Nhieling at this point was able to dodge the dagger, but he was at this point being absolutely demolished by the puppet. With each hit his Ki became disoriented and he couldn't focus it enough to try to regenerate. Tsun pressed up his legs against his chest and was able to push the puppet off of him enough to get back on his feet, but the powerful attacks from the puppet had left him barely strong enough to stand. He Was still focused enough to dodge another attack from the puppet, but by this time he was starting to feel the effects of the bear traps that had crushed his right arm. He tried even hard to focus his Ki, but to no avail, Tsun could no longer stand up. Tsun fell to the floor unable to get up.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Nhieling stopped.

Maybe overdo it...

Nhieling looked at Tsun state. The "in battle" regeneration wasn't really working for now.

Just heal your wound, gather your ki as I teach you, and come back on your feet. You have 30sec.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Tsun's body was still in his overdosed state of mind, his Ki channels were slightly disoriented but e was able to stop his berserk early enough that it did not cause major fatigue. He focused like Nhieling said and remarkably enough he could feel his bones sliding back into place as if he were made of clay. He got up again, with some difficulty and went to pick up his traps and dagger and this time asked Do you mind if we changed terrain? The clearing doesn't seem like it simulates an actual battle area.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 pm

I don't mind, but it's here you're wrong, there is no designed place for a battlefield. The first thing you'll have to learn is to do what you can with what you have. But you're right, this area is a little poor. Somehow you've grasp the basic idea behind the ki based regeneration magic, but you still lack the essential : The ability to use it while fighting.

I'll follow you.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Tsun felt that the praise was a little condescending but at the same time productive, since it was the truth. He decided to let it go, he would not let his pride get in the way of learning, like in everything he did, he put himself second to knowledge.

He started heading into the brush a little, turning around only for a moment to affierm that Nhieling was following behind. He thought going too deep was pointless, since they would have to come back for the night anyhow, but staying close to the ruins would have been pointless. While Nhieling had been gone the entire day a few days before, Tsun had scouted the entire area just out of boredom, but he did happen to find a good spot for fighting.

Yeah, it's just up over here. He pushed aside a log to reveal a very small clearing surrounded on either side by extremely large tress, the branches were low reaching and reached across the entire clearing, vines hung down from the branches and there were bushes and tall wildgrass that impeded the sunlight from reaching the ground. I thought the surroundings here were more beneficial to my training, since I could not make use of speed here. He turned around towards Nhieling and bowed slightly before launching an attack at the puppet once again.

[I'm going to be gone for a bit, going out.]
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Here what I want you to understand, the breathing technique I teach you is meant to help you increasing your ki, meaning that you have to use it for your regeneration skill AND for fighting. I'm currently at 50% of the power of my puppet, so if you give it your all, you should be able to fight it fairly.
One more thing... Don't ever try again to attack me while I'm training you, or I'll give you the fuck of a beating. Your aim is not to beat me, just trying to keep up with my puppet. Since its speed ans strength should be slightly over yours, and since it can regenerate, if you want to keep up with it you'll have to surpass yourself and to use regeneration magic. Is it clearer now?

Without waiting gor an answer, Nhieling attack him with a circular attack, without using its scythe now, only him claw.

[Since it's just a little training you have the right to "control" my puppet in your post ^^]
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:40 am

Tsun felt slightly humiliated by the unabashed answer he received in return for his actions. His attack was childish simply because defeating Nhieling how no bearing on his training what-so-ever. As soon as The puppet came at him again however, he was still slightly fatigued and so had decided to retreat after turning to attack. Tsun made use of the vines above and the tall grasses below to lay traps every step of the way, whether or not they were to help, he wished only to learn the strengths of the puppet before attacking.

Tsun made several weak attacks against the puppet and each time was met with a barrage of bruises that ranged from his shins to his face. By the end of the day Tsun was covered in so much blood he would slip every time he tried to get up. But the training was helping in more than one way. The blood dried quickly and Tsun was able to spend time regenerating the smaller wounds in between practice and sparring. Tsun also become slightly more adept in the accuracy of his attacks and gained more stamina as a result of the training. The next few days went along in pretty much the same manner for over a week before Tsun was able to heal his smaller cuts and bruises with brevity and slightly larger ones with varying degrees of success and failure.

Tsun began to get used to the puppets annoyingly quick reflexes and sharp attacks near the end of the week, and Nhieling as a result, would either use cripple on him, or apply a little more power to the puppet, to further cause the need of Tsun's regeneration. Tsun could not get the grasp of magical regeneration as Nhieling had said before, but was able to conduct Ki regeneration with a degree of mastery. Tsun, wondering one day after the fighting had ceased, Hey Nhieling... Would you mind telling me a bit about this woulds history? You know, I mean like the ruins we saw a while back.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:05 am

This ruins? They aren't part of my own history though, I've come too late too.They're the Everlast ruin, it was once a school, and a place of knowing. A neutral place where dark and light mage could work together. Really the kind of place that I would've liked really.I dunno why, but it seemed this "peace" broke one day, and the two side of the student have fight against each others. The dark side has win, leading the school to be destroyed, definitely.

Since I had nowhere to stay, I've taken a room, in the ruin, and mad it in my "home" meaning that I've place some defense around it, and installed my lab. If you have any question, be it about myself or anything else, just ask.

Nhieling paused, and then added :

I think were done with the ki regeneration, sure it's FAR from being perfect, but you'll only get better at it with time, and practise. But at least yours skill have got sharper, be it your ki manipulation, or your fighting skill.

Now that you've grasp how to manipulate energy, we'll go one with restruring. Since I don't want to harm you before you're able to do it properly, I'll first ask you to cloak yourself in your magic, and to force it to "memorize" how you're body is.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 am

Alright then. Tsun focused as he did dozens of times in the last week first on his surroundings, the trees, the grasses, the insects, and then on himself, the hair, the skin, the nails, until he felt himself covered in a primordial "ink" as he liked to think of it. He breathed in the magic through his mouth, and out once again through his nose. His sense dropped slightly as his body became completely in tune with itself, almost blocking out all the surroundings until his entire body felt covered in his magic skin-tightly.

At some point the process would take almost half an hour, now only taking Tsun about 2 minutes to focus complete;y. When he was done, Tsun opened his eyes and pulled out his dagger and looked towards Nhieling as he did before every training session. Ready.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 pm

Hmmm... It seem good, I don't know if it will work, but at least it seem good.

The form seem good, here wasn't the problem, but would he be able to keep his concentration after being cut down? Here was the problem. This technique didn't require to boost the natural regeneration, but to force the flesh back to his original state, meaning that if he lost his focus it wouldn't work...

We won't do it by fighting this time, it would be too dangerous because I'll have to wound you a little more this time, in order for this training to have a meaning, and I don't think you'll be able to maintain your concentration while fighting, I'll ask you to close your eyes, and to focus.

As Tsun do it, Nhieling launch his puppet at full speed, and with a perfect slash cut Tsun hand off, without any delay he pick a thread and put a garotte on Tsun arm to prevent him from bleeding to death if he was to fail. Nhieling had went for a perfect cut, cuting it so that the limb could be reattach with ki regeneration if Tsun failed.

Keep your focus ! You must loose it, recompose your hand now !

Since Tsun got infused with Nhieling magic, he was pretty confident about the fact he would succeed, but just in case...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training magic [Inherent] Private   Training magic [Inherent] Private - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Training magic [Inherent] Private

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2