Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 pm

There is no better way to understand this world than by seeing it by ourself. Just try not getting in my way, you're no match for any of the opponent this time. Even I would have some problem to deal with them head one, this is why you'll play the decoy so that I can't turn the tracker into the tracked.

After this we will be able to speak about whatever you want. I'm sure you probably have a lot of thing you're curious about.

Then Nhieling disappear into the Bush, the contact was now at less than 100 meter from Tsun, he didn't saw Nhieling leave. He was a tall man, ascetic, with hawk eyes.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

Male Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Not knowing how to approach the man he treated it as one of his monthly tax collections, even using the same phrasing as he would normally. As he approached he felt the man was much more powerful than he, but saw no apparent need to worry, he stood there looking almost bored at him.

Before coming to close he pulled out the badge and nonchalantly walked forward and said, I'm here to collect. Do you have it right now? He paused and waited for the answer and tried his hardest not to search around for so-called 'ambushers.'

Last edited by Inherent on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:16 am

The man look at him thoughtfully, he didn't seem powerful, not really the kind of man for this situation. Are you really the one that have been sent to recover the package?

At the same time, Nhieling was patrolling around the area. His doll was able to move soundlessly through the forest, when he was fully concentrated to feel any movement. After a few second it start : 2? Not 3...
One was hided, not really far from him, probably a long range attacker, when the two others started to approach the meeting point.
Sending his puppet, he got behind the sniper. He was waiting, hided behind the tree, using something close to a magic rifle. Without any second through, Nhieling puppet got behind him, holding a string. With a fast movement he strangulated him to death.
1 down...
Nhieling started rushing closer to the meeting point. The hawk eyes man had probably felt that someone was fishy. Because he was now on his guard, looking around nervously. Nhieling was nearly here, but he feared that he may arrive a few second too late.

Nhieling puppet was nearly on them when they started attacking. Both od them rush at the same second on Tsun and the contact. One was wearing a sickly with a chained weight, the other was wearing a short blade.

Probably ninja. As the first one jump on Tsun, the blade wielder try an axial slash on the contact. This one react in a split of second and kick him in the throat. As he fall to the ground, coughing, the contact strike him to the head, breaking his skill with a sinister sound.

Just before he could attack Tsun, Nhieling cast his cripple curse on the sickly ninja, surprised, this one miss his first attack over Tsun head by an hair thin, letting himself wide open for a counter attack.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:29 am

He realized immediately that this was not the right way to have approached the man, he became suspicious and began to become tense. He got into a fighting stance almost as if he was waiting for an attack, and then Tsun realized that Nhieling might not have been able to deal with all of the would-be attackers. And then two men were upon them, the one to the left of him had reached the two of them first, but the contact took care of him almost immediately without too much hesitation, but Tsun was slower than the attacker and barely reacted before he struck.

The attacker was fast but he immediately could tell that something was wrong with him, he had almost come to a halt just before attacking. Tsun, reacting as quickly as possible and aimed to stab him with the dagger he pulled out from his right legs side and aimed for the chest which was left wide open in front of him. The knife struck but he wasn't sure whether or not the wound was deep enough to kill the attacker, and barely manged to get a second stab in before the man stumbled away from him. He looked around to see Nhieling sending his puppets in his direction and to see the contact jump sideways away from him and Nhieling. Tsun wiped the blood from the dagger on his chest but refrained from putting it away in case any more attackers were to arrive... or the contact were to strike.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 am

Then Nhieling reach the meeting point : All three of them out ~ Using a decoy wasn't that bad of an idea after all.

The man looked at Nhieling : What the fuck is that?! Are you fucking kidding me?

Hop, sorry, I'm the real transporter. As you saw, we were waited so...

It's not what I mean ! Answered the man, furious, it's a secret transaction, why would you bring someone else in? My orders were clear : Discretion !

Nhieling grinned : Yeah, yeah... Sorry about it, but you know, I have also my order through...

Nhieling started walking casually in the contact direction : Both him and the contact were looking at each other.

My employer have been very clear about this mission : No witness.

Then why hav... Started the man, to suddenly stopped when he saw blood dripping on his hand. Nhieling puppet had got behind him in no time.

I'm sorry about it really... You know, order are order eh?...

Then the man fell, dead before reaching the ground.

Nhieling dig in his bag and draw out the package.

Looking at Tsun, he just said : We'll make it clear, you've never been here, and you don't exist, if my employer were to discover your existence, you're dead. It's okay? End Nhieling with an ironical smile.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:56 am

He thought it was weird that Nhieling would come out of hiding and just walk towards the contact after the display from before. But from his angle he could see the whole thing, and he saw the puppet head behind and and stab him right through the back. After hearing what Nhieling said he was in distress over his own life, but then he realized that there would have been no point in saving him just to kill him later... Or was there, he could have just been there to be the decoy and die. But after Nhieling wanted his discreetness as an oath he had no reason to say no.

Been where? I'm still at the road where you found me, for all purposes I am already dead, or better yet, as you said, I don't exist. But even if your employer discover my existence it would mean nothing unless he knew that I was HERE the same time you were. You have what you came for, so let me scavenge what I can from these people and lets get going, I'm dying to see what this world looks like. And with that Tsun went to take the short sword that he saw from before and went along in search of anything else that looked interesting enough to keep.

Last edited by Inherent on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 am

Sure, well head to the Bosporus, it's sort of one of the most populated area in the magic world, it's here you'll find most city.

If you have any question, feel free to ask, it can be about whatever you want, I'll decide ton answer or not, but I'm open to any discussion.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:16 am

Truthfully I wonder about the entire endeavor we just went through... but I understand the need for discrecency. But... He thought about it for a moment. Earlier today you said that humans were the worse kind of people, but that you couldn't live alone in this world. Why do you speak about humans as if your not one of them? And sorry for the questions but... Do you happen to be blind?"

Last edited by Inherent on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:25 am

Nhieling smiled : I was wondering when you would finally asked this questions :

Yes I'm blind, but I'm very sensitive to sound and energy, meaning even if I cannot see it don't bother me, but no I'm not blind because I can also see through my puppet eyes, I'm sort of an enhanced sensor, most of my sense are developed to some extreme extent.

I dunno if I could still be called human anymore... I'm over 800 years now... And I'm... Not really human anymore :
Nhieling released his aura during a split of second, wave of pure insanity. It was madness and blood lust in concentrated state.
Nhieling couldn't explain him about the transformation he was undergoing right now, because he haven't complete the transcendence spell yet.

By becoming immortal, I've lost what make you human I guess, as time pass, I've lose my dream. Human is alive because he always desire something : More money, more power, fame... It's endless, and it's what make him alive. HAving lived for too long I've lost all of this, by getting it I've understood how meaningless it was.

You say that you're seeking power, but do you think that power is an aim by itself? Do you think that getting it will make you different?

Nhieling smiled : What do you want it for? Do you think it will make you happy?
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 am

The force let out by Nhieling almost knocked Tsun over in his weakened state. But he did not let the surprise show on his face, learning about this place he expected things to be much odder than anything he's ever encountered. He could also understand why he didn't himself still human. Because if a person only lives to survive or moreover simply lives because he does not die, can he really still be human? He did not see it necessary to further discuss the matter at this point since it seemed like Nhieling was trying to test his mentality. So he answered vaguely,
Power can be an aim if your only goal is to become powerful in and of itself. Although I do contend that in most instances it is only a means to a goal. You gain power to be well-respected or you gain power to destroy what is in your way. I simply want to gain power to work without pains or troubles. And I do believe that power will make a person different. Had I more power than I did today I would not have needed to be a decoy would I? I could have simply take care of the ambushers in your place and allowed you to do you transaction, do you not agree? Power changes our circumstances, but I believe that power is a vague term. Because when you think about it, it could mean anything, the power to kill, the power to save, the power to destroy, the power to survive... Depending on the power you have your circumstances change and so do those around you. I myself wish only for the power to live and do as I please. And if I so please to fight to defend someone's goals or to destroy someone's goal, I will need more power than they, and that is why I wish for power. Do you think it wrong to wish for such power?

Last edited by Inherent on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 am

No ~ Because you've understood a part of what power really is. You're right about he fact it's a tool, but you're also wrong, and it's the great paradox with power.
Nhieling take a pause, and then follow :
The power is the tool you need to achieve what you want, because you can't rely on someone else strength, it's impossible. Meaning that you need power. At the time time, power has meaning by itself, but there is no meaning to seek power for itself.

It may seem paradoxical, but having power has a meaning, being able to rely on your own strength is an end in itself, but seeking power for itself is meaningless, because it's like an endless quest, the more power you get, the more afraid you get to lose it, and the more you want.

To develop my idea, I'm personally thinking there is no pleasure in the aim, in the dream, but only in the way. Getting something will pleased you... For a few day at most. But being proud of what you've done to get it will last eternally.

What is your opinion about it?
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:31 am

My master Viron said something of the same sort to me during one of our voyages when he still used to get out. It was true all the same I guess, but no mater how you say it it still is a cliche idea, that the goal is simply a goal and in the end all that really matters is how you reached the goal. I do agree with the statement, for if a man were to make money selling food and another stealing food to make money, they both reached their goal,. but can you say that both took the right path? I'm not questioning whether or not the path is good or evil, but whether or not you can believe that your path is the best for you. But again I must disagree with you about power. 'Pouvoir est Juste' the idea of power is just, that having power justifies your actions. No matter how you look at it this is the way of the world, a man can kill 10 people, but if he has enough power, noone can say a word about it, and he won't even bat an eye because he fears no retribution. Power is not meaningless, but I do feel more now that it is more of a tool than a goal. But couldn't you say the same about peace then? Peace is a goal, a righteous one at that, but no matter how you look at it can you arrrive at peace if you only use violence, and is it really peace if others resent you or you do not come in contact with the outside world? Is it not then 'meaningless' to aim for peace if your means simply create the opposite effect? I think not. But as you have lived longer I hope to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Last edited by Inherent on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 am

(The giant red masses of text look horrid when you're both using the same colour...

https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net/t183-colour-claming

I really recommend either of you two to get a custom colour, as they actually way better than the default ones. But yeah, it's only optional. You two don't have to. XD)
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

As I said, chasing after power is meaningless. Because you'll discover with time that it will just destroy you. But power is meaningful by itself because it's your own. The only thing that won't betray you, the only thing you can rely on.

Concerning this question of "road", it's a simple matter : There is no good, and no evil road, there is just how people will judge it. Will they like it? Despise it? It all come down to this. And it's here that true strength exist. The true strength that everyone want, but miss because they don't chase the good thing : Power isn't the power to crush rock, or anything like this. It's the strength that make you able to decide for yourself if your action are good or evil. If you should do something or not, if you like what you're doing or if you want to change. You can only said you've achieved power the day you become able to change yourself, the day you're able to look your reflect in the mirror and to be proud of the man you are.
And in this concept, there is no evil, no good, nothing but yourself in front of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 pm

But you see... Those are my thoughts exactly. That's what I've been saying that I've wanted ever since we met. I want the power to be my only judge, the power to live my life as I will. I want power as it is, so it can be my goal, I do not want power over people but power over myself. And for that I believe is what magic can bring... Yes, the idea of bring what is outside of you within and making it yours. I would like this as my power. I need to learn magic as it is necessary to having the power over my own choices... But I'm concerned that I might not have the ability to, for I have had Ki my entire life, but no magic. Nevertheless I hope Bosporous will be a place where I can learn this world's history, for although I disliked the history of the Human Worlds, I feel like I need to learn of the events of this world... I need to see for myself what others have seen as good and evil... Because in all cases the victors write the history. What kind of magic do you think I should be learning? I feel most apt to learn the ways of the Earth and heightening the senses...
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 pm

There is no answer. What magic should I learn? What magic do I like? What magic will I'm be good at?
None of this question can be answered, because it's only come down to you. I've studied an infinite number of different kind of magic, of way to use ki. Theory, model, conjecture, basics. I've mastered it all, but still I'm not using it. Not because I can't, but because it don't interest me. Magic is like a choice, the more of yourself you give to your magic, the fitter you become for the use of this magic. After, it's just a matter of work, and talent.

Earth magic? It's vast... What kind? Earth manipulation? Plant one? Synchronizing yourself with nature? Shape shifting?...

Just ask for something precise and I'll be able to explain it to you in more detail, but I'll only started training you once we'll got to a civilized area.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Hmm. I see that it was ill of me to have assumed I knew so much. Tsun bowed his head realizing how facetious his previous statement had been. What had pushed him to think he knew more than someone who has outlived him perhaps maybe 50 times? He agreed with his own thoughts but at the same time found the unfounded, simply ideas stolen from philosophers such as Plato or Aristotle, but he held firm in his beliefs. Alright then, I will think about it more until we reach Bosporous, and once we arrive... I will tell you my decision. Since you are apt at most basic magic I hope to have decided before we are to part ways.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm

[I think we can end it up now, we'll do the next part in bosporus if you don't mind :)]
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 pm

[Up for grading then.]
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 am

Rewards:

Thanks for listening. :D

Inherent: 3 SP, 2 MP and 330,000 Drachma
Dorian: 3 SP, 2 MP and 330,000 Drachma
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)   Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forging Ahead (Nhieling, Private)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2