Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiberian Sun [Tsun]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inherent

Inherent

Male Posts : 75

Tiberian Sun [Tsun] Empty
PostSubject: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:46 am

Account Name: Inherent

Name: Tiberian Sun
Nickname: Tsun
Height: 6'1
Weight: 138 pounds
Group: N/A
Affiliation: Neutral
Blood-type: AB
Dislikes: The social order, overconfident people, waking up, history, and not having a plan
Fears: Being lost, anything yellow, and fire
Physical Description: A tall, slight built man, with short-cropped black hair, brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, average looks and healthy disposition.
Magic Keywords: -
Ki or Magic? Ki
Clothing: He normally wears blue or black jeans with a tan, white, or black long-sleeve shirt. He has a large brown travelling cloak which he carries in his rucksack for colder climates.
Accessories: A pair of tinted glasses with a silver lining and blue tint, A necklace with a small eagle fighting a snake. A rucksack which he carries even though it is found unnecessary oftentimes.
Extra: Sketchbook.
Picture:

Personality
An average human who does not seem to be aware of his memories before the age of 6-8 (Not knowing his age at the time he lost his memories). He remains slightly pessimistic and a complete realist in most situations do to his butchered upbringing. He remembers things other people may find unimportant and dislikes other people's forgetfulness. As an assistant to a tax collector (If there are any?) he sees the worst in people while also living off the government. His distrust in the same government he works for stems from his upbringing in various pitifully maintained orphanages.

His apparent lack of a childhood makes him less expressive towards others while also makes him rely or logic to weigh his decisions. Although, when pushed into a corner he has the tendency to rely only on his instincts and intuition which normally put him in an even more precarious situation then before. His attitude towards his orphanages has caused him to become a humorous cynic in even the worst of situations, mainly because of his fear of losing himself.

His 3 major loves are painting anything he can in his sketchbook he carries in his rucksack, debating and arguing topics with passerby's and friends, and running. He enjoys running more than anyway as an escape from his current disposition, it has caused him to dislike those who hate long voyages and those who never leave their hometown.

History
Because he loss his memories before the age of around 6-8 he was never able to create long-lasting relationships with other children in the orphanage. His lack of memories, although, did not affect his ability to learn or grasp concepts. After being raised in several orphanages, in which children were often beaten or abused, he would run away in order to escape, causing his strange infatuation with running, and his apparent hatred of the social order.

Of the classes provided at the orphanage, he excelled at mathematics, calligraphy, and art, but his circumstances have caused him to dislike history and creative writing. His lack of imagination allowed him to easily understand the concepts of mathematics as well as the blatant copying of landscapes and portraits.

At the last orphanage he was held in, he had been the cause of a small brush fire, leading to the burning of the entire orphanage. Although no one died, he became traumatized over the event, fearing all things yellow and especially fire related objects. His shame over his actions led to paranoia and gave over to a pessimistic outlook on his life style which inevitably led him to running away one final time.

At the age of 14, he had no place to go, on relying only on his instinct out of desperation he ran for several days finding himself lost in an unknown territory. With no idea where he was, and his lack of a plan, he was lost in the unknown territory for more than a week before being found by a tax collector travelling to the main land with the revenues. Having no other options and brink of death he begged the man to take him along and through his desperation was allowed to tag along. Since that time he has lived as the tax collector's assistant.

Class Survival Expert

Weaponry/Equipment Traps

The Wooden Deadfall Trap
The animal is either contained or crushed by an object that falls when the bait is removed or trigger is touched. Can be made using minimal resources found in the surrounding area.

Body grip (Conibear) traps
This trap consists of two rectangle frames that slam down on the body and are designed to instantly kill the animal by fatally hitting the vertebrae or skull. When walking or swimming through, the animal brushes against the side of the trap where a trigger activates the metal frames and they snap shut.

Stats – 45
Strength: 4
Accuracy: 8
Endurance: 15
Speed: 10
Intelligence: 8

Stat Points Earned: 0|0
Jewels Earned: 500,000

Sources:

Skills & Disciplines:

Endless Possibilities: His successful use of logic and reason along with his overall pessimism has allowed him to envision the possible negative outcomes of situations in which failure is possible.

Martial Arts Name: Loki
Martial Arts Type: Mixed Martial Arts
Martial Arts Description: His lack of training has caused him to have little physical strength, but his eagerness to start arguments with random passerby's has caused his fighting style to develop. He fights with a planned method, aiming for weak spots and his stamina allows him to use a 'hit and run' method.
TP/KP Earned: 0|0
Techniques: 10/10

Forgetting Tomorrow: - (5)
Type: Mainly Defensive
Incantation: -
Range: -
Effect: Extreme boost in speed and accuracy. After letting his instincts take over he abandons all thought of preserving his body and gives forces his Ki into unlocking his utmost potential allowing him to react more quickly and with a higher thought process. During the duration of this move he gains +5 in speed and accuracy. This move lasts through 5 of his posts. Because it uses a higher amount of physical ability it causes an immediate drain on him after only a few minutes, causing him to become nearly useless but very useful in overcoming obstacles in order to to save a comrade or create an escape route.

Escape Artist: - (3)
Type: Support
Incantation: None but may take several minutes to perform
Range: 30 yards
Effect: Draws a map of the surrounding area revealing other characters and enemies below his own accuracy level. Being able to channel his Ki into his paintings he can draw a map of the surrounding area with possible escape routes if he is familiar with the land and given enough time. This causes a slight mental strain and can also be used to map out possible enemies or allies in the area.

Iron Cloak: (2)
Type: Defensive
Incantation: -
Range: Body
Effect: Slightly reduces damage from Ki or magic attacks and defends from any major damage from regular attack from Rank 2 down. Forcing Ki through his nervous system and into the cloak he normally wears he is able to defend himself more readily from attack for as long as he can maintain the flow. Disruption of his Ki channels may cause the ability to falter completely.

Last edited by Inherent on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 am

Instinct: In an extreme life-threatening situation or under apparent stress his instincts will
overrule his logic and cause him to act without thinking it over
logically, causing a slight boost in his speed and strength but also
putting extreme physical strain on his body.

You gotta get rid of that. No skill gives you a buff of any kind. It's just a template for what skills one is skilled with weapons/projectiles/magic and to what extent someone can expect from you in the RP. This can even be used to list special conditions- Sneaking, Charisma, being skilled with a broom stick so one can possible fly with one better.

Okay for your first technique the buff/debuff table is this link here...

With that much endurance I would say you can use it about 2-4 times in a thread depending on conditions (If your character is rested, if you got hit by anything good during the fights) But I would think it would be useful nonetheless. Rank 5 is +10 points. You gotta choose where they go of course be it +5 strength, +5 Speed or w/e. Note that you can't have more then double the rank of the thing to one stat, so in the case of rank 6 (+13) one can only have +12 in one stat and has 1 leftover +1 to distribute.

https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net/t844-ranking-of-deboosting-spells-abilities

Your second move looks nice enough? Probably change it so that it's 10 yards per rank.

I would suggest you make it a rank 3 and get yourself a rank 2 defensive/projectile move, but that's just me.

Also another thing that irks me is your strength. If say... a person with 12 endurance was to be hit by you the blow wouldn't really stop them and they could and probably will shrug it off and hit you. Accuracy is nice to be able to hit them but a move to hit them in a pressure point and affect them will require a technique.

But yea that's my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:28 am

Alright I see the reasoning behind the skills as well as changing the ranking of my techniques, are you suggesting I create a defensive technique or that I create an accuracy technique? Also, for the buff/debuff table, does that signify I can place up to 10 points in any area the buff affects, or to imply what the buff raises in its description?
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:45 am

I suggested creating a defensive technique or move (Barrier for clerics, Shield Wall for warriors etc) that would fit your character OR an actual attack your character might use be it a projectile, a special attack with your fist or a basic magic bolt. That cloak move you got will shut down any moves lower then rank 3 and any generic moves (shoot, swings wep, fires staff etc)

The buff and debuff you choose what is buffed or debuffed depending on the rank.

So the description for your move would be something akin to

Forgetting Tomorrow: - Rank 5
Type: Support
Incantation: N/A
Range: Self
Effect: An buff speed and intelligence. After letting his instincts
take over he abandons all thought of preserving his body and gives
forces his Ki into unlocking his utmost potential allowing him to react
more quickly and with a higher thought process. During the duration of this move he gains + in so and so stat(s.) (stuff you want to buff goes here, make sure since it's rank 5 it all goes up to 10) This move lasts through 5 of his posts.

But for references to buff I would look at rules and regulations at the top of the forums.
2 things to look at is stats and ranks of magic/ki moves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:37 am

Juken, please, let mod do their job....

SO I come.

The part about the skill change was true, now the technique :

No spell can boost your intel, moreover it's useless, intelligence =/= to your QI, it's just your ability nto access higher level of magic.

For the same effect, your skill should boost your accuracy and your speed.

Your cloak won't protect you from spell with equal or superior rank, and for attack over three time his rank in strengh. (maybe lessen a little bit the damage at most)

Technique should be 10/10
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male Posts : 1468

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:59 am

"Age: 16-18" Choose one age please. Your character may not know it but you should.
"Weight: 138" Is this in kilogram or what? Please state it

"Class Survival Expert" Explain in a detail form as in with descriptions
"Weaponry/Equipment Traps" What kind of traps? There are so many types, list em' and its features please

Forgetting Tomorrow - "Extreme boost in speed and intelligence" Like dorainodet stated, boosting intel helps nothing in a battle only for the techniques. No relation to IQ at all. Just 'Extreme boost in speed' doesn't really state how much and there's a limit on to how much it can be boosted. I understand that you have yet to notice the limits as it has yet to be posted in the Rules and Regulation. For reference relevant to the limitations of stat boost, please redirect to Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities

Escape Artist - In my opinion, this is not quite appropriate for its current ranking but I don't want be too hard on you so I'll just let this pass since it's not really dangerous nor is it offensive. Just so you know, it isn't defensive either...

Iron Cloak - Well I don't really have to explain this part much as it's already done by dorainodet.

Hopefully you can fix this problems. Once done, please inform us by making a post saying "Updated" with any side notes you wish to leave for us to note.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:31 am

Updated, I'll explain my class more adequately in the near future.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 am

1/2 Approval.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Female Posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:16 pm

2/2 Approval ~

Good-luck, and enjoy whatever animals you kill..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiberian Sun [Tsun]   Tiberian Sun [Tsun] Empty

Back to top Go down

Tiberian Sun [Tsun]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Negima: Lost Magic :: Negima: Lost Magic :: Mage Applications :: Neutral Mages-