Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non-Approved NPC's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Female Posts : 647

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 pm

An NPC that is formed or summoned due to a skill and has no real depth or purpose of evolution except based on the user's whim.

So far, based on the Ranking list:

Rank 1 - 5 SP & 1 TP
Rank 2 - 10 SP & 2 TP
Rank 3 - 15 SP & 3 TP
Rank 4 - 25 SP & 4 TP
Rank 5 - 35 Stat points & 5 Tech points
Rank 6 - 45 SP & 6 TP
Rank 7 - 55 SP & 7 TP
Rank 8 - 65 SP & 8 TP
Rank 9 - 85 SP & 10 TP
Rank 10 - 105 SP & 12 TP
Rank 11 - 115 SP & 13 TP
Rank 12 - 125 SP & 14 TP
Rank 13 - 135 SP & 15 TP
Rank 14 - 155 SP & 17 TP
Rank 15 - 185 SP & 20 TP

So far, that seems like the progression of these NPC's

Last edited by B★RS on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Actually, I like that idea. I'll see what the other mods think.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

Male Posts : 1120

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:04 pm

I agree, it'd cut down on a lot of confusion.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Lol at rank 1 2 and 3

can't it be 15, 20, 25,

Can't it go by 5's till rank 5 then by 10's as you get to 6 to reward getting intelligence and spending MP for it.

Last edited by Jukensong on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

Male Posts : 1120

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 pm

No, that would be too fast.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Rank 1 -2 spell are mean to lack power.
Usually, a decent power start at rank 5
Back to top Go down
JKDragon
Baka Green
JKDragon

Female Posts : 1209

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:11 am

... If that's the case... Th earth elemental summon I'd want Jess to learn would be about rank 7 or 8 o.O;
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 am

Probably. Summoning mean you can still fight to your fullest with having a ally fighting along you. This kind of tech would need a lower rank if you were to do it with a constant control, like as long as you're not concentrating on it to control it, it won't move or anything.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Changed the first 3 Ranks SP amount, to 5, 10, 15, respectively.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Actually, this would kind of screw up the people who make profiles for their summons. People who get a summon, get the starting 35 SP + bonus depending on what the users summoner's spell rank is.

Please make an equal system that's good with it?
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:48 pm

In truth, what you are saying is combining this post with my other post about buffing ~
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:17 pm

I think Bars idea is better.

A summoner will get his 35sp +5mp for a rank 5 summon, that is around the average rank for a spell to get decently usefull.

The "bonus" like you said will be the suplementary point people will get each level.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:34 pm

This is why it says non-approved NPC's, as in, the ones people make without making an NPC profile to get approved.

It is a linear scale, but if you do make a profile for it, then you will have to follow the scale, and if you boost its powers per Rank up, like what Kyle is trying to do with his NPC, then follow my linear scale on my other post about boosting & buffing.

B★RS wrote:

Spoiler:

That NPC will be more powerful than a regular NPC though ~

Last edited by B★RS on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New table ~)
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:17 am

Regular NPC's are supposed to be stronger than ones without a profile. <_<
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:19 am

William wrote:
Regular NPC's are supposed to be stronger than ones without a profile. <_<

They are.
If I make a profile and use a spell to summon it, then it will get a boost with it as well, otherwise.. that was a waste of a spell.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 am

79 (boost) + 35 (base stats) = 144

185 >>> 144.

Also one's without a profile do not get spells. It's the hard truth.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:24 am

William wrote:
79 (boost) + 35 (base stats) = 144

185 >>> 144.

Also one's without a profile do not get spells. It's the hard truth.

Also, TP means skills, like natural powers and things..

A summoned NPC doesn't get a FREE boost, they need to make a separate spell for that, unless the NPC gets a profile, then it instead gets a boost from the summoning spell.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:26 am

185 SP is still a higher number than a regular WITH a boost, assuming they didn't want to raise their NPC with the rewards they earn from missions.

No, if people want a summon with spells, then you'll have to make a profile and put some effort into it.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:30 am

William wrote:
185 SP is still a higher number than a regular WITH a boost, assuming they didn't want to raise their NPC with the rewards they earn from missions.

No, if people want a summon with spells, then you'll have to make a profile and put some effort into it.

Now you are starting to read like Umi, 185 SP is for a RANK 15, which is an assload of a NPC that should be that powerful.

Now for an example:
Summoner A has a Rank 5 summoning spell, they can summon a creature with 35 SP.
Summoner B also has a Rank 5 summoning spell, but his creature has a profile, which has 35 SP, but his spell also gives a boost of 10 SP, totaling to 45 SP, since he is not making this summon but instead truly summoning it and giving it a fraction of his power as a boost.

Also, I am not saying that summoned NPC's should be able to caste spells, but they should have some skills.. not just be walking tanks that can't do anything.. like being able to shoot water bolts or at least have barrier breakers powers, I am not saying they can evolve, but they can at least have something....
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 am

I never said summoned NPC's can't have an ability, wut? I only said they can't have spells.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:44 am

William wrote:
I never said summoned NPC's can't have an ability, wut? I only said they can't have spells.

I never said TP is meant only for spells ~
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 am

Yep, that's why at only at Rank 5 it breaks even.

The system listed now to me seems very balanced in the beginning.

Not to sure how I feel about that however higher then that since I am not invovled with people who have used alot of rank 6 and up spells so far in combat.

THIS IS MY OPINION BASED ON WHAT I REREAD OVER THE STATS

I'm just guessing here looking at the ranking system for magics that I think it's actually pretty fair.

Rank 15 summon has 185 stat points and 20 technique points

A summon can have 37 (if split evenly) in every stat being in a position of lower high class being able to do rank 8-9 spells, depending on the tweaks the summoner chooses.

Against another person who's had the chance to have 150 extra to be on par as the summoner has 30 extra points in all 5 stats (Including the 45 they start with). They should be about in the lowest rung of upper positions in stats being also able to make rank 8-9 MOVES/Techniques (Might wanna make them weaker then usual ones)

The opponent has above stats over the summoner but the advantage goes to the summoner who now can double team him with rank 15 spells and the summon who has similar stats to the guy.

The advantage that the balanced character has is the multitude of spells he/she has at their disposal, how they stack up against the summoner and his minion is the thing that will make or break the decision.

Gotta reward people for putting points into intelligence or else no one would want to be a mage or w/e

Last edited by Jukensong on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:47 am

B★RS wrote:
William wrote:

Spells, skills, it doesn't matter. Shooting water bullets, spitting spider webs, making a clone, whatever, it can all be an inner ability instead of an actual spell/skill. As long as it fits the species of what is being summoned, however in the end it means your summoned spirit can't grow any abilities other than make the ones they have stronger.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:52 am

William wrote:

Spells, skills, it doesn't matter. Shooting water bullets, spitting spider webs, making a clone, whatever, it can all be an inner ability instead of an actual spell/skill. As long as it fits the species of what is being summoned, however in the end it means your summoned spirit can't grow any abilities other than make the ones they have stronger.

What they can do there is increase the level of basic moves the minion is associated with.

For example imps ranked 5 has a lvl 3 fireball and lvl 2 fire shield

at rank 15 with 20 tech points it can turn into a lvl 8-9 rank fireball, 5-7 rank fire shield, 3-5 rank soul link (mediates damage from summoner), 1-3 ranked phase shift (Makes it harder to see)
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:53 am

William wrote:
B★RS wrote:
William wrote:

That is the point of a summoned non-profiled NPC.
It doesn't get stronger without its user/owner getting stronger and taking the time to make it more powerful. Just like regular NPC's, the only real is difference is that the owner can choose to make those NPC's more powerful rather than himself or he could make the spell more powerful and focus on himself.
..but really, they both have trade-offs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Non-Approved NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Approved NPC's   Non-Approved NPC's Empty

Back to top Go down

Non-Approved NPC's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next