Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New techniques

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: New techniques   New techniques EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:18 am

Account Name: Alberio

Character: Mortimer C. Graves

Change:
Remove technique;

Umbrae Militis - (5)
Type: Offensive/utilitarian
Incantation: Phasmatis umbra , exorior in vultus quod EGO electus ut tutela quod vindex. Pareo meus to order quod evinco mei hostilis , umbra miles militis!
Range: 20 meters
Effect: Summons a number of spirits into temporary shadow familiars which can be manipulated by the user at will. Each one is the size of a normal human, will dissipate if struck with force equal to their rank in magic power or a normal attack 3* their rank. The number and strength of the soldiers is dependent on the amount of magic used in their creation and the amount of shadow available at the time. However the total number which can be created is equal to that of the spells level. Each casting lasts for the two following posts.

Add techniques;
Umbrae Militis Sniper - (6)
Type: Offensive
Incantation: Phasmatis umbra, exorior in vultus quod EGO electus ut tutela quod vindex. Pareo meus quod evinco mei hostilis, umbra miles militis!- Moderu Sniper
Range: 10 meters
Effect: A total number of sniper shadows will be summoned equal to half the techniques rank. The sniper models are half-meter spheres with small heads and stubby clawed arms and legs. A meter-long barrel extends out from the center of the sphere. It is capable of firing converged saggitta maggica bolts with a force equal to half this techniques rank from this barrel. Each one is capable of “floating” equal to its speed. The following are its stats
Strength: 4
Accuracy: 16
Endurance: 4
Speed:11

Umbrae Militis Shield - (6)
Incantation: Phasmatis umbra, exorior in vultus quod EGO electus ut tutela quod vindex. Pareo meus quod evinco mei hostilis, umbra miles militis!- Moderu Shield
Effect: A total number of shield shadows will be summoned equal to half the techniques rank. The shield models are a meter and a half tall with human-ish bodies and bulky limbs. Flat and angled surfaces cover its limbs and torso providing it an extra level of protection. It is capable of emitting a deflectio barrier with a strength equal to half this techniques rank. The following are its stats
Strength: 4
Accuracy: 4
Endurance: 16
Speed:11

Umbrae Militis Assault - (6)
Incantation: Phasmatis umbra, exorior in vultus quod EGO electus ut tutela quod vindex. Pareo meus quod evinco mei hostilis, umbra miles militis!- Moderu Assault
Effect: A total number of sniper shadows will be summoned equal to half the techniques rank. The assault models are of general human build but seem to be wearing black cloaks which obscure the. Its hands and feet appear as black metallic claws. The following are its stats
Strength: 11
Accuracy: 11
Endurance: 11
Speed: 11

Over The Top - (8)
Incantation: Umbrae/Fulgoris/Glacies/Vente
Range: 3 meters
Effect: Utilizing massive amounts of magical power in low level spells, the caster is capable of creating effects well over the top of the normal limits. At the casters current level, they are capable of utilizing this technique with four different elemental spells, creating an uncontrollable burst of these spells directly in a three by three meter area. For example, a shadow spell or light spell would create a mass of luminous or obscuring material while an wind or fire spell would create a torrential area of elemental turbulance. Currently the caster may create darkness, lightning, ice and wind.

Liberatio - (7)
Type: Personal
Incantation: Liberatio
Range: Personal
Effect: A simple spell which unleashes the stat boosting capabilities of a "sealed" weapon altering its form in the process. The stat boost lasts a number of posts equal to the spells rank and gives a total boost equal to twice the spells rank.

Modify existing technique to read;

Shundo – (6)
Type: Utility
Incantation: N/A
Range: 15 meters max
Effect: By sending magical energy beneath himself, Mortimer is capable of launching himself at intense speeds between two unobstructed points, almost instantaneously. As he moves, he leaves after images from the point he was previously standing in. He is now capable of using this technique in mid air but can only travel in straight lines with it. It is possible to predict where he will travel and so intercept him before hand.

Sources: N/A

Techs should read 72 out of 79

Last edited by Alberio on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:10 am

Bump...
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:37 am

I think it's fine, but I'm not sure to have understood about the liberation part :

Liberatio - (7)
Type: Personal
Incantation: Liberatio
Range: Personal
Effect: A simple spell which unleashes the stat boosting capabilities of a "sealed" weapon altering its form in the process. The stat boost lasts a number of posts equal to the spells rank and gives a total boost equal to twice the spells rank.

Meaning you change the form of your actual weapon during 7 post, and get 14 on the stat you want? I'm not against but is it this?

Concerning Over the top : Could you write down the element you're able to use? Moreover, I understand this is a raw burst of power, but if I read you want it to do more damage that a rank 8 spell, and to balanced it suffer from a range limitation.
I think a CD wouldn't be too bad since you're releasing a lot of energy at once (not something incredible through, like 1-2post just saying that it's impossible to be spammable ^^)

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:38 am

I don't think Liberatio is a stat boost. Larita and Sai didn't do it as that. Though I'm not sure about Pyoh.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male Posts : 1468

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:45 am

Seems fine to me, just explain what the 4 elements are in Over The Top.
If not mistaken, I am guessing it's Shadow, Light, Glacier, Wind?
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Put which elements I could use in over the top. But mostly I'm just trying to amp the most basic spells into something which could be potentially useful at higher levels.

From what Sai has said, liberatio is the technique used to unleash a given weapon. Once the weapon is unlseashed it conveys a stat boost. I plan on putting the weapon in on my next modification (which will probably be around the time this one is finished).

I'm breaking my modificaton into three parts so next time I'm gonna be buying stuff... k?
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Ok, so Liberatio will be linked to the weapon you'll buy? Fine by me so. But still, try to put a brief summary of the element you can use with Over the top because I really don't understand where you're going with it.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:43 pm

I did, read the last sentence.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:45 pm

Ops, sorry. Didn't see. I think everyone is Ok with it, i'll edit your profile. (If Will isn't ok I keep a copy of what it is currently, just in case ^^)

edit : Hop It's done
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Female Posts : 912

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 pm

They look fine by me, but I'm not great with techniques.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:59 am

Please make a new post when you say a modification is done and thanks Nhieling. Please lock and move threads to the "Completed Modifications" section after you're done with them. Cat
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

New techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: New techniques   New techniques Empty

Back to top Go down

New techniques

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1