Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Branch Techniques

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

Branch Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Branch Techniques   Branch Techniques EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:02 am

In the event someone wants to use a custom technique, derived from a spell they already have (Ex. Oka Hoken, which is based on Sagitta Magica), how would someone do that?
Back to top Go down
JKDragon
Baka Green
JKDragon

Female Posts : 1209

Branch Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branch Techniques   Branch Techniques EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 am

I've simply added different incantation (not so if a ki technique like Kagami's Fire Spray) and changed the effectg to suit the difference.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Branch Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branch Techniques   Branch Techniques EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:26 pm

But that seems a little obtuse dont you think? Why pay the same amount of points for a similar technique to the other one?

I like Psyren RP's idea of Technique Branching:

-If you wanted to use Raika Hoken, you would just list it as Branch Technique: Raika Hoken (8) under Sagitta Magica(5). You would only have to be +3 MP for the difference to get the technique. However, in PvP, it would function like a charge attack, you perform on first, and then the other
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

Branch Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branch Techniques   Branch Techniques EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

That's the exact same as One Piece RP. :l
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Branch Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branch Techniques   Branch Techniques EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:42 am

When has that been a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Female Posts : 912

Branch Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branch Techniques   Branch Techniques EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:43 am

I would like this too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Branch Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branch Techniques   Branch Techniques Empty

Back to top Go down

Branch Techniques

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1