Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:30 pm

It may only been my way of seeing thing, but the people just have to shundo at every post to avoid attack launch at them when there immobile.

I'm okay with your explanation, but still have some doubt. In every game i play generally I start by seeking the blind spot of the rule, but it's no fun on RPG game so I'm just sharing my impression.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Shundo is fine.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Think of shundo as an evasive manuever, and check out the new chapter, I don't think Kaede used shunpo. Her speed is what brought her clones to whiz around Quintum, it's what covered all that distance.

Someone who uses Shundo all the time will soon drain their enemy compared to someone like Rita who just has high speed.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:19 am

Also take into account, not much people will know Shundo, in Negi's group, Kaede, Negi and Kotarou. That's in, that's really not much people.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:25 am

I made the bet that everyone will take it on the forum once having to suffer versus this technique.

The only way to counter shundo is to use shundo yourself, or to have a overwhelming speed.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:26 am

Wrong, the ONLY people who have it on the forum are currently Martial Artists and a ninja.

I'm thinking of not approving it if a cleric or wizard wants to learn it, because it's completely out of class.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:37 am

At least a good thing, but still, how can a ranged fighter prevent a close fighter to get him out in one shot if the opponent can use shundo? If you denied the possibility for mage to use shundo, you totally prevent them from dodging the straight attack of a shundo user. If you gave them the ability tu use shundo, you just offer them the same mobility as a shundo user.

This is why I think that everyone should be able to used shundo, but his efficiency should be also based on the speed stat. If you want to be fast, up your speed at the same time you up your shundo, I think it would be fairer. But it's only my point of view after all.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:43 am

With things like transformation-cancelling bullets, there'll be puts like tracking bullets and such to hit anyway.

Using the shundo is like having high speed for a split second, it's not unlimited and drains much faster. So to use shundo you need high endurance. Plus, your speed initiates other things like how fast you can use shundo, techniques, how far you can run in a distance, how you can dodge attacks and such.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:50 am

Can I make a little simulation? Take a wizard and a ki fighter of the same level.

Their template will globally be in this proportion :

Mage :
St 2
A 3
Sp 6
E 10
I 20

Ki fighter :

St 20
A 6
Sp 15
E 10
I 2

Fighting simulation :

Mage active his barrier.
Ki fighter shundo him and use his attack skill, breaking the barrier and at least hurting the mage quite badly, if not taking him out.

I just don't see how what is mean to be the weakest kind of character in term of physical strengh can protect himself if he had neither the ability to dodge and the one to prevent his enemy from approaching.

Then the possibility of homing spell, then if the mage shot first it mean sure hit and sure win?
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:50 am

Shundo should not be based on speed, Shundo in Negima isnt based on speed, its based on Ki/Magic adeptness, whence the rank-based abilities. The only person who uses Shundo repeatedly is Rita, it's central to her style, but carries the same restrictions as a regular shundo user.

Setsuna also uses the technique, nearly every higher level KI user uses Shundo in some way

Also barriers and immediately broken unless its a breaker technique, otherwise you gotta deal a significant amount of hits to break it.

Shundo is rank based and is fine, Case Closed, stopping flaming and take this to the Suggestions section Ladies
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:55 am

Wizards at that level would at least have powerful barriers that may withstand a barrier breaking technique, usually. A barrier at 20 intelligent can be rank 7, at most, the ki user can only use a rank 5 move. Meaning, he couldn't break the barrier.

Now do you understand how the statistics system takes place? As Umi said, Shundo is about your magic capacity and such, not your actual speed.

Now that may seem like speed is useless, but you're wrong. Your incantation speed will be much lesser and others will finish such before you do. Not to mention what about attacks that involve 100 slashes? You definitely need high speed to pull something like that off. Many attacks, especially flurry attacks are dire for such. Also take note at Setsuna and Tsukiyomi's fight, neither of them are using shundo, they only use it to close the distance.

You're overestimating shundo, it is very useful, but it's not all that great.

There's things a LOT more broken like Negi's corporal lightning form.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:01 am

Will i told you to stop Kill locking the topic, take it to the suggestions forum like normally should
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:05 am

You kidding? We're settling the matter now, I'm proving speed matters. Because, if Nhieling's right, it would be a MAJOR problem.

Don't lock it. Fine, to stay on topic... I'll do it like this:

William Kensuke - 520
Larita Rimuru - 418
Bex Odinion - 234
Rose Amile - 359
Nina Imata - 215
Raven Doweth - 189
Daisuke - 321
Marie Tokochi - 100
Nhieling - 235
Umibouzu Ryuusui - 535
Takashi Yokohama - 478
Saijun - 253
Taurou - 204
Leila Crelines - 204
Ayra Hunders - 210
Rita Taicho - 320
Mortimer Graves - 490
Alex Unit X - 120
Alexus Young - 120
Ashraeh Pervisum - 210
Ken Akta - 210
Ryno Villers - 180
Jessica Emiline - 240
Kagami Kaguya - 287
Micah Zelita - 100
Tristen Lollel - 123
Eva Walker - 190
Emanuel Frost - 200
Rie Nakamura - 354
Aliidan Hana - 211
Zaieru Kugua - 50
Azriel Gillette - 50
Kitty - 329
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:11 am

That's why we have a Suggestions area and support forum, be a role model and just move it there
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:14 am

Why aren't you bitchin' about my my rankings?????
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:21 am

Cause there good, now move it mister
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:28 am

Just can't find Yoko on it.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:29 am

His full name is Takashi Yokohama
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:35 am

A okay, found him ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2