Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version Empty
PostSubject: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:15 pm

If you have read Negima, im sure you've gotten to the part where Rakan listed the individual strength ratings of several people and things around the world. Using this as a model, i think we can keep track of how stronger our characters are using the model here:

SA 12000 Rakan (self proclaimed; Nagi should be around here)
Eva?
Vrkso Nagasya?
8000 Ryoumen-Sukuna-no-Kami
AAA 3200 Fate Averruncus (probably many times higher, SA territory)
3000 Kagetarou
2800 Daemon Soldiers (warring period)
2200 Negi (Armationem)
2000 Takahata (probably far higher when serious)
1500 Aegis warship
Tsukuyomi?
1100 Negi (Erebea)
AA 700 Negi (Rakan’s training)
650 Dragon race (non-magical)
500 Negi (pre-Magicus)
A 300 Average Mahora Academy magic teacher
Average Magic Knight
High-class mage
B 200 Tank
C 100 Magic Academy graduate
D 3~50 Average Vetus inhabitant (without Qi)
2 Average Magicus inhabitant (mage)
1 Chisame (basis; person who cannot use Mana or Qi)
0.5 Cat

It would seem that starting characters would be around 50-100. average citizen material.

As for stronger characters, it gets a little more difficult, we've done things we probably shouldnt have (MRS taking down a non-magical dragon) and Yoko and I fighting off a Daemon Soldier, so i think this list would make it rather accurate interpretation of out characters skills:

Umi for example would maybe been in the AA to A range, he has barriers a little stronger than high-class mages, while his attack magic in general is pretty bad, i would place him maybe 420 (A Rank) Yoko on the other hand, has more attack magic and is generally the strongest physical person here, so i would place him at about a 380 level ( A Rank)

What about you guys? (If spell ranks were to be a unit of measurement at least.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:49 pm

I think it's interesting, but hard to put on place as you cannot accurately evaluate the level of someone. It will depend on his raw power, his flexibility, his cunning, his strength, his weakness.

Basically, a cat immune against fire can win against a super strong wizard that use fire spells with butultra low stat. Even if the wizard have the power to crush a tank with his spell, the cat can still win (it's a extreme example, nearly a joke, but you can see what I want to say isn't it?)
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:54 pm

a fire-resistant cat wouldnt make it a cat..i'd be magical. It means you overall power level (even if you have a RANk 8 spell, you would still be around 200 because your spells are RANK 4)
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 12:03 am

Okay, I understand, sort of the average score you get for the power of your charac.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:34 am

Pretty sure I should have the highest rank on the forum, since I have a rank 7 spell. :/
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:46 am

If it's just about max spell rank I have a rank 7 too ^^ But it's the spell i've maxed, and my stat aren't super high either.

It's why I said it's hard to judge, you have to think of a lot a things.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:02 am

dorianodet wrote:
If it's just about max spell rank I have a rank 7 too ^^ But it's the spell i've maxed, and my stat aren't super high either.

It's why I said it's hard to judge, you have to think of a lot a things.

Do you actually have a rank 7 spell?? Also, I think my stats are the best on the forum. I can 1HKO most people here. :P
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:08 am

I didn't say you weren't the strongest, even if other people could still be with cunning, and a bit of unfair PvP ability. In term of raw power you're probably the stronger. And yes I've a rank 7spell, making my puppet on of the fastest thing on this forum (note : I don't know and haven't read everyone profile)

But next to it... still far away xD

Oh, even through going up in the overall ranking of top poster, I still can't understand how you can post so much everyday even through not having the same hours than everyone.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:09 am

I think Rita's the fastest. And don't take speed into account, there's things like Negi's lightning instant step or something.

Also Shundo.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:14 am

Thing like lightning step are limited over the fact that they can't be used non-stop, and that it's also limited to direct movement, without any curve.

AN overwhelming speed mean than you can attack an enemy from every side, and this non stop, and that he'll probably won't be able to dodge.

Sure, the shunpo/lightning stop.... are still the fasted one move technique, but when it came to flexibility it become less efficient.

Not to forget that a 100 speed mean a permanent shundo mod.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:16 am

Have you seen lightning step? Negi uses it excessively in his battle with Rakan. And Quintum uses it excessively in his battle with Kaede.

Check out the battle between Quintum and Kaede. Kaede IS the fastest person in the entire manga (presumably) yet still got destroyed by Quintum's lightning step. Magic is supposed to make up for magicians lack of stats.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:29 am

We are speaking of what could be a rank 15 spell :o

And Kaede would still be a lot under the 100cap of speed as it is defined into the rules. Moreover the basics of shundo, if I remember well is to focus your energy under your feet to get a super high speed during an instant, but the charac all stopped (and we're speaking of a manga, tha author don't have to do anything like "fair") when switching direction.
And I recall you that Negi Lightning step are still straight line.

Finally, It's only a whole body movement speed, it don't include the reflex speed or the attack speed.
I have some hard time thinking of a charac with 10 in speed that could counter the speed of a 100 speed charac, just because the 100 speed charac mean he have a perfect control over his speed, when the 10speed mean he can just move fast using shunpo.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:32 am

I don't see your point? Shundo is a burst of speed that makes you 'disappear' and 'reappear' or cover long distances very fast, even if you're not physically strong enough.

Kaede is someone who can move at instantaneous speeds, she's got roughly ~80 or even ~100 speed if she was on the site. She's fast AND uses shundo, yet still lost to the lightning instant movement. That may be because Quintum had high-level barriers, but it may not be.

Just a question, do you read Negima???
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:51 am

Yep, as many other manga (actually between 150-200 serie have been finished, or are at the last release)
Nearly every shonen use a movement that look, more of less, to the shundo. Bleach, negima, one piece, Get backers, code breaker etc....

Don't mistake the manga you read and what could be probable into a RP. Without even counting in the law of inertia, energy conservation or kinetic energy that aren't even considered, the basis of shundo the concentrating your energy under your feet and then making it like a great push.

Just imagine that you have two box of C4 under your feet and you make it exploded. If the burst just throw you forward, and imagining you have a way to stop yourself (doing the same thing in the other direction I presume) It still just mean you throw your body forward. You control the direction at the start, but if someone put a sword in your way before you have the time to realize it of to stop yourself you're just cut in half.

It's well explicated in some manga. Maybe even in negima with the fact that Rakan intercept negi at the beginning.

Next is the fact that negima Lighting step is the EXACT opposite of shundo. With shundo you just boost your speed into straight line by adding a great pressure under your feet, Negima is using the electronic attraction lax to pull himself to a designed location he made by using potential difference.

When Shundo would be about a canon that shot you, Lighting step would be a magnet that pull you.
You may know, but when pulling your control is a lot better than when pushing.

They don't teleport, they just move very fast in straight line, if the opposite character move fast enough just on meter on the right, the shundo end up hitting nothing but void because the way it's done you can't change the direction.

Now it's different for charac like Negi that would combine a Shundo type technique AND an extreme speed, making them able to control the Shundo.

Just take a random person, give him the ability to use shundo to his fullest and he'll end up in a wall. Give it to a trained runner, of a top class martial artist, he'll be able to do something with it.

Magic such as shundo are just an extension of someone ability. To me the basis for using shundo wisely would be to have the capability of a fast person : control, reflex and balance.

I'll go to sleep now, we'll can speak of it tomorow if you want Shiny
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:55 am

I don't get what you're saying, you're saying random facts that have nothing to do with what I said... o.o

Based around the Chinese concept of Suo Di (縮地, lit. "To shrink the earth" or "Ground Contraction", Shukuchi in Japanese), the legendary ability of telportation attributed to sennin and xian, Shundō (瞬動, "Instant Movement") refers to a non-magical method of rapid movement used in the Negima universe.

So far, multiple different variations of Shundō have been seen: Instant Movement, Hakkyokuken's Vital Step, and Kaede Nagase's self-created version which is specifically called "Shukuchi".

Other higher-level variations include: Kokū Shundō (虚空瞬動, "Empty Sky Instant Movement", also called "Mid-air Shundō"), which does not require contact with a solid surface to initiate, and an extreme long-range version of Shukuchi, called Shukuchi Mukyō (縮地無疆, "Boundless Ground Contraction").

Several characters in the series are able to interpret and recognize each Shundō in many respects. Of the three, Shundō, along with the Vital Step, are considered to have a significant vulnerability unless performed masterfully, namely that they are unidirectional only and can thus be predicted and interrupted. Shukuchi does not appear to have that same weakness, however, making it closer to the mythical Shukuchi, with the idea of compressing space between two points. Although, it is possible to perform Shukuchi-like levels with Shundō through proficiency and understanding of both Instant Movement and Vital Step.

Other improved variations of Shundō are also possible; using the Raiten Taisō form granted by Magia Erebea, Negi has been able to transform his entire body into lightning using Raisoku Shundō (雷速瞬動, "Lightning-Speed Instant Movement") for multiple instances.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:05 am

Shundo is used by EVERYONE, it's meant to give Close Combat users a way to get in close to fight.

Shundo-jutsu: Straight forward magical dash
Kokuu Shundo: Can be used in the Air
Shikuchi: I believe it's 3D shundo, not just straight lines, curves and bends
Mukyo Shikuchi: Doing that at extreme speed

Raisoku Shundo V1: Fast but usually accurate
Raisoku ShundoV2: Infighting, Quintum uses this, but im assuming it's because he's an actual lightning spirit
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:25 am

Yes... Umi is correct. But I don't see what Nhieling's arguing about. :/
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:29 am

Will i have a Rank 8 Barrier therefore, im better than you..
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:29 am

Magma Fist is rank 7, it breaks rank 8. Not 9 though.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:30 am

i havent upgraded my character yet, i can have a rank 9 barrier easily...
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:31 am

Then I can't break your barrier, but you haven't udpated your profile, therefore I can beat you right now. Cat
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 10:59 am

Then what the use of the speed stat? Can just be delete not?

Strength one too, why a mage can just make a technique ta make his fist able to crush diamond? Same goes for accuracy then : Homing head shot. Endurance? Just have to turn yourself in something close to a undead and then no problem at all.

So in the end this game is just about stacking intelligence and magic point no?

And then what would be the use of ranged attack if everybody can just flash away. So everyone just have to turned to magic skill, and then can attain god speed with keeping their destructive spell....

Stat are mean to be everything, if not, you just have to stack intel and you're in god mod when reaching the rank 15 cap "I have only intel but I can move a the speed of light, crush a mountain with my fist, you can't kill me either and my shot that are the base of a mage are also destructive.

So no specialization at all.

Is this it that you want?
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 11:09 am

Err, no. Your real speed matters too. For example, Larita uses her speed not for her running speed, but instead for her chanting speed (playing a flute).

You can't shundo everything, shundo takes energy you know.

You're just overestimating shundo, you absolutely make no sense. All the stats matter, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 6:47 pm

It wasn't the impression you gave me.
When I spoke about the limit of shundo, such as "cannot be use non stop" etc... you just made it the better technique "you can use it non stop like negi","it can defeat raw speed like in this fight"

what I was trying to come to is that shundo should have defined limite, the same for everyone because everybody can use it, and this for not seeing people in PvP that just goes in untouchable mod "ranged attack? can dodge them all" The fact that a close range fighter could get near a distance fighter, okay if it's once, but if the distance is unable to keep the distance then this forum will just become a regroup of little negima : permanent shundo, impossible to escape, impossible do hit them etc...

I just don't want to see this happening. To me, shundo should have high limit, or should work the same as stat boost, because it only have the effect of boosting your speed in the end, even if it has also limits.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:08 pm

There already is, you dont need to go all crusader for justice, on like every topic we go on...

Shundo (Rank= Per 5M)

So you with Rank 4 you go 20 meters, rank 5 25. etc.

And it can be used continuously, you just have to stop and then restart, something people can easily take advantage of
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version   Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version Empty

Back to top Go down

Rakan's Strength Chart: Lost Magic Version

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next