Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A second training mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

A second training mission Empty
PostSubject: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 am

Mortimer stood on the edge of campus, half way between the meddow and the desert. He had been waiting for some time now. A satchel of spellbooks adorned his shoulder. He waited for kitty to come. There was much work to be done if she was to survive what was to come. He din't want her to know just yet what Umi was planning on doing... but he wanted her ready for when the tume came. The sun was just setting over the horizon and Mortimer stood on the edge between the medow and the desert... and soon the bats would come as well.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Female Posts : 558

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:07 am

Kitty walked to the edge of the campus, Mortimer was already there. "Sorry for being late." she huffed.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:23 am

Mortimers harsh demeanor softened slightly at the sight of Kitty. Setting the satchel town he retrieved one of the books. "First things first, we start with the the basic magics. A barrier spell, now read this spell, memorize it and if you have questions I'll try explaining it to you". With that he opened the tome to a bookmarked page and threw the book like a disc onto the sand at Kitty's feet.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:38 am

Kitty picked up the book and opened it to the bookmarked page, "Matris luna, balineum mihi in vos lux lucis, redimio mihi in vestri frigus complexo, servo, tutela quod illustro in vultus of nox noctis, verus Plenus luna."
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:43 am

"Good... now this time I want you to try casting it. While doing so focus a sphere in front of you, while doing so try placing your hands like this" Mortimer set both of his palms upright and facing forward. His right hand crossed in front of his left forming a flat X with his hands. "This should help you focus the spell. Now once again, concentrate"
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:47 am

Kitty nodded, placing her hands in front just like Mortimer told her to do, she repeated the spell, "Kittal latic matris luna, balineum mihi in vos lux lucis , redimio mihi in vestri frigus complexo, servo, tutela quod illustro in vultus of nox noctis verus Plenus luna." while doing so, she closed her eyes and pictured a sphere.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:52 am

At the conclusion of the spell A small ball of silver light appeared before the vampire girl just in front of her waiting palms. It was small, about six inches in diameter. Dashing over Mortimer brought his leg up as fast as he could and kicked the ball high up into the air. "Unfortunately it was too small. It can't protect anyone when it can be batted awya that easily. Now I would like yo to try again".

For some reason Mortimer was being awfully cold, even remorseless. Why was that?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:57 am

"Fine... Kittal latic matris luna, balineum mihi in vos lux lucis , redimio mihi in vestri frigus complexo, servo, tutela quod illustro in vultus of nox noctis verus Plenus luna." Kitty concentrated harder this time, even though the spell was starting to make her feel tired.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:03 am

with that a protective sphere the size of a person formed around Mortimer. It only appeared as a sphere from a distance however. The truth of the matter was that it was made up of numerous rune chains, all rotating counter clockwise. It appeared as many rings of runes were steadily rotating around Mortimer. The ring in the middle was clearly the largest but as they went up or down, they became consecutively smaller. Now THIS was a true magic sphere... "excelent" Mortimer declared. "Now could you please let me out of here... I can't get out while it's in place like this".
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:07 am

Kitty smiled, and dropped her hands it wasn't everyday that Mortimer complimented people. "That wasn't easy, I don't think I'd be able to do that under stress." she commented.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:12 am

"Okay, just one more exercise with this spell, I want you to try putting it around yourself. This time I want you to picture the sphere around yourself. Also your probably going to want to hold your hands out like this", this time Mortimer put both of his hands forward but slightly out to his sides, both arms slightly bent. His fingers were splayed this time and his palms faced outward. "This position should shorten the spells effective range, but it should also make it easier for you to center and maintain around yourself. Remmember, body gestures CAN affect how well a spell works".
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:16 am

Picturing herself in the magic sphere, Kitty positioned her hands just like Mortimer told her to, "Kittal latic matris luna, balineum mihi in vos lux lucis , redimio mihi in vestri frigus complexo, servo, tutela quod illustro in vultus of nox noctis verus Plenus luna."
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:21 am

Kitty was effectively surrounded in the same sphere Mortimer was encased in moments earlier. As soon as Kitty had formed the sphere, Mortimer encased his leg up to his knee in solidified shadow. With that He delivered a sharp kick to Kitty's barrier. The sphere held... as well as it could. "Don't give in Kitty, keep it up" Mortimer increased the preasure, if kitty didn't respond in kind then she would wind up with a shadow clad foot to her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:23 am

"Ughhh, if you do I will kill you later." she hissed through clenched teeth, trying to keep the barrier up.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:28 am

Mortimer could feel Kitty close to her limit... but she would need more than this. Breaking off the kick, Mortimer already had a follow up technique ready. As he moved his leg back, he brought his back arm forward slamming it into the shield. It rattled a bit but held... then again he wasn't using shadow in this punch. "You ready for the final test" he asked as he began forming some kind of weapon his other free hand.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:31 am

"Oh god..." she mumbled and started focusing on the barrier, willing it to withstand what was about to face.

OOC: I'm not sure if that even made sense, ah well...
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:33 am

Mortimer finished the formation of his last tool. A maul, a very large, very heavy hammer. Taking his hand back, he grabbed the maul with both hands and swung it down as hard as he could onto Kitty's waiting barrier. Hopefully she would be able to handle it... hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:39 am

Kitty's eyes widened at the sight of the... thing, the very large and heavy looking thing. Mortimer swung it at the barrier, as it made contact Kitty could feel the barrier suddenly waver and weaken but held. Breathing a sigh of relief she sat down feeling exhasted.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:42 am

Letting his solidified shadows dissipate, Mortimer knelt down to Kitty's level. "Come on, drink up, you have to be tired" Mortimer said as he lowered his collar exposing his neck to the magically spent Kitty.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:19 am

Kitty blinked, "I'm ok," she stated pushing him gently away.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:22 am

OOC: Sorry I disppeared, had to do something.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:23 am

Mortimer sighed. "Well, you've forced my hand Kitty, I was going to just have it be an exchange of blood but wellllll..." with that the magic circle which Mortimer had drawn when he first arrived could finnally be seen amidst the sand and grass. Without warning he entered Kitty's personal space, and kissed her deeply on the lips.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:30 am

Kitty's first reaction was shock, then embarrassment. She'd never been kissed before, not by anyone, let alone on the lips. Slowly pulling back she blushed, lost for words.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:33 am

With that a card appeared Mortimer quickly grabbed it and deposited it in a pocket of his coat. "I'll be hanging onto this for a little while. Just give me a chance to study it properly and I'll give you your copy. Sound good?" he asked while faintly smiling at the still dazed Kitty.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:35 am

"What's there to study?" she asked, confused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A second training mission   A second training mission Empty

Back to top Go down

A second training mission

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next