Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S.Carolinus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
S.Carolinus

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:47 am

Account Name: S.Carolinus

Name:S. Carolinus
Nickname:
Height:5'9
Weight:115
Group: N/A
Affiliation:None
Blood-type:O Negative
Likes:Travel, Magic, Study, new spells, Pie, New places, Animals, Life, Cherries
Dislikes:Arrogant people, Battle, Trouble makers, Loud Noises, Loud Places, his studies interfered with, Broccoli, Large groups.
Fears:Being pulled into battles he knows he can't win, Being relied on and assumed he is more powerful then he is just because he is a Wizard.
Physical Description: Carolinus has White hair and Violet eyes, He is lean and skinny. he has some muscle but isn't a big person but he isn't overweight either.
Magic Keywords:None
Ki or Magic?Magic
Clothing:Shirt (Sky blue) Wind breakers (Black) Indian Moccasins (Brown)
Accessories:A brown jacket with fur on the collar.
Extra:
Picture:
Spoiler:

Personality S.Carolinus Is a young energetic mage who just likes to live peacefully and would rather avoid fights and just study magic until the day he dies. He will help any innocent and kind creature be it human, Animal, fairy, or anything else even trolls if they promise to leave him in peace and go about there business. A very scatter brained individual who is very easily side tracked if something interesting comes along and will even leave the main goal to check out the new thing. his Motto is "What is there will be there when I am done with this". It is hard to anger this young man and he tends to sometimes get lost in thought even mid sentence and kinda babble or trail off and stop speaking all together but a simple snap of the fingers or a throat clear will bring him back. Of course make sure you don't do it while he is figuring out a magic issue because then he gets annoyed and snappy.

Carolinus would rather sit out in the grass with a spell book then with people gossiping are making dumb remarks and sees those even his own age as Immature and has been known to sit with Old mages and Sages and be content to talk to them for what they say actually has meaning rather than this or that girl was cute. Carolinus is open minded and when he finds a interesting adventure he dives head first into it just to see the outcome and on some occasions have just left if a fight issues. Carolinus is no coward but he sees fighting as Barbaric while a true mage cares only for study and advancement of magical areas.

HistoryS.Carolinus was born into Magic growing up his parents were both Mages and his two older brothers were mages, it is said because of so much magic around the children of this mage Family brought out magic. From the beginning Carolinus was more involved in learning then anything else and the first book of spells he picked up and immediately threw himself into learning ways to use his magic. His fathers oldest friend was a Sage Mage and seeing the spark in the boy nurtured it with his parents permission by showing him different ways to utilize spells and Magic.

Carolinus began to spend more time with the older crowd and learn from the and they from him for he was a very intuitive young man who seemed to pick up on little things and then ask questions about them believing every question had a answer even if it wasn't the same answer as before. Years passed and Carolinus finally mastered a few spells and is now on his first great journey to test himself in the world.

Class Wizard

Weaponry/Equipment

Stats – 45
Strength:10
Accuracy:8
Endurance:10
Speed:7
Intelligence:10

Stat Points Earned: 0|0
Jewels Earned: 500,000

Sources:

Skills & Disciplines:

Magic Name:Sage Magic
Magic Type:Offensive, Defensive, Support, range,
Magic Description: Sage Magic is the gathering and usage of every kind of magic including Battle magic but that is only to those who see life in red and are rare. This magic is rare on it's own since all magic falls into the category of Sage magic including elements, Alchemy, Creation, Destruction, battle and much much more.
TP/KP Earned: 0|0
Techniques: (used)/10

(Name of technique) - Ward (5)
Type:Defensive
Incantation:Mind thought
Range:Self
Effect:Creates like a Magic shield against solid things such as weapons, flying cats aimed at your FACE. or anything else solid in matter. Can stop a spear, Turn a Blade, Stop a flight of arrows or bullets and drop them before hitting the Mage. Can be built on top of each other in a infinite amount but the time and energy to do it that much is measured in decades.

(Name of technique) - Shrink (5)
Type:Defensive.
Incantation:Mind thought
Range: 30 Yards
Effect: Shrinks a person, Object, Magical creature etc into a small state for a limited time. (Needs to hit a Player to shrink them)

Last edited by S.Carolinus on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

Male Posts : 640

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:51 am

You only have 10 points to spend on skills, not 60.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:00 am

Yeah, you start out with 10 stat points so your total skill ranks can only add up to ten. Starting out you are supposed to be weak so then you have room to grow from there okay?

Also, please add in a magic keyword(s)

And also give us a history... thank you.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:54 am

Sage Magic is waaaaay too powerful. I mean anyone can learn any type of magic, but having that as your main would mean you're efficient in using every type of magic. Think of it like this.

One person has their main magic as healing.
One person has their main magic as thunder.

They both use the same rank spell, same incantation, same everything, except the difference noted above.

The one who has thunder magic as their primary magic would over power the other.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male Posts : 1468

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:37 am

Was there ever a blood type O negative Confused
Insert the IS unit for your Weight and Height

You required your Magic Keywords, that's for sure.
"Sage magic including elements, Alchemy, Creation, Destruction, battle and much much more." All in one... There's kind of a reason why no one actually did this as they shouldn't. If they did, this forum would pretty much have alot of problems somehow probally.
Also, your supposed to start out weak. The way you used technique template has some problems but I can fix it up later.

Ward (5)
You'll have to weaken it somehow as your character would lose ALOT of magic energy at his current state. There's also a limit though which would be if the attack is higher than the barrier, it'd break and you may have to make a time limit for a number of posts as in how long it last and how long does it cooldown unless someone else says something bout it.

Shrink (4)
Do tell the post limit for the skrinkage and also a limit as to numbers of how many targets are able to be skrink as we don't want you to go shrinking just bout everything as that's just going to be massively overboard. The range was said to be 30 yards but having to touch them would mean a near range type of attack. Not a defensive type of attack either... just a status type most probally

Heal (1)
This heal is just a rank 1, as in what even a human is able to do. You can't just healing just bout everything at such low ranking or else it'd be able to heal everything non-stop at higher ranking. This is also overpowered...
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Daisuke have already said what I wanted, but I'll help you with the modification :

Heal, rank 1 : Can only heal bruise. Sorry rank 1 are incredibly weak spell.

Ward : Limited duration : Half his rank, since you can place more than one. And if you only use one at the same time, then his full rank, any attack of higher rank will break it.

Shrink : Look at it https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net/t844-ranking-of-deboosting-spells-abilities

Here the number of point you're allowed to weaken the opponent by. Moreover, for a rank 4 spell, your opponent won't become tiny, just a bit smaller (loosing 1/4 1/5 of his height by example). If you have to touch someone to use it, I don't have any problem with the fact that you could use it on different target.
Back to top Go down
S.Carolinus

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Ok I asked in the beginning and informed them of what Sage magic was. A magic that falls into every category since Sages collect all magic and not only wield it but improve it into ways no one has before. I was told that was fine so I made it. William you were there when I asked and rose no objection to this. All you guys said was clarify it for others and I did.

As for the other spells it's fine I will grow stronger and add more and increase the one's I have as I go.

Ok the Shrink part where it says has to hit a person it means the spell has to hit them not Carolinus. He is a Range fighter and does most of his attacks from far off so this is a visible spell flying at someone and if it hits them they shrink. The spell duration would only be for two posts. And I was told Magic Keywords were Optional.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Okay, so one target at a time, and you'll have to respect the stat deboosting template.

Concerning the sage magic i'm not against Will, it's just that he'll have a large variety of spell, but won't be as efficient as someone that is specialized in the kind of spell. But just remember that if you go for a fireball against William one, even at the same rank your spell will loose, same goes for the shadow manipulation if you go against Mortimer etc...
Back to top Go down
S.Carolinus

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Sages don't grab all spells for power they do it for knowledge. A sage masters multiple spells so if one is better at fire then ya I will lose using fire but I have a variety in my arsenal to work with so it doesn't bother me. Can't win them all.

Am I approved?
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 pm

No, you still need to edit your spell with the modification we've asked.
Back to top Go down
S.Carolinus

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Ok I don't get what you mean by weakening there stats. Shrunk means the body becomes small and there power with it. I shrink a Rhino to the size of a beetle well it has all the power of a beetle. Explain what shrinking someones body have to do with there stats.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Because with your stat you aren't able to shrink someone to the height of a beetles. You can at most shrink him a little, so for explain clearly your spell power, you put stat limiter on it. Meaning when hit by your spell, your target will get a bit smaller, reducing her reach, and a bit weaker.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:19 pm

dorianodet wrote:
Okay, so one target at a time, and you'll have to respect the stat deboosting template.

Concerning the sage magic i'm not against Will, it's just that he'll have a large variety of spell, but won't be as efficient as someone that is specialized in the kind of spell. But just remember that if you go for a fireball against William one, even at the same rank your spell will loose, same goes for the shadow manipulation if you go against Mortimer etc...

No, you don't understand. I'm saying if he's not effective in this then there's no point at all in writing it, because anyone can learn any type of spell. Like I can learn your puppet moving, Umi can learn Al's shadow magic WITHOUT being taught it by that character.

There's NO restriction on what you can and can't learn.
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 am

Ah, okay, I thought we said it wasn't good :)
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Female Posts : 647

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 am

What happens if I make a character who uses magic that is imbued by his race & spiritual being of uniqueness, can anyone learn magic that is one-of-a-kind-ish?
Back to top Go down
S.Carolinus

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:08 am

Ok for race magic a Sage has to be taught or if he can find how it works he can learn it. Sages are insanely smart and pick up magic easier almost as if there the essence of magic knowledge (There not) They just have really good understanding and Photographic memory.

Now if a Sage came across notes or scrolls on a race's Magic it may take a few years but yes in the end he/she will master it and add it to there own.

Ok so William your saying my Sage magic is fine and would hold up against other magics?
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Female Posts : 647

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:16 am

Basically: Jack of All Trades, Master of All.
Back to top Go down
S.Carolinus

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:25 am

Pretty much except they tend to just kinda float from one mastery to another and avoid fighting as much as possible. There more like Teachers, instructors, Experimentalists, And Monks than any other kind of mage. To them Knowledge is worth more than any amount of Fame or wealth or world renown.
Back to top Go down
bex

bex

Male Posts : 484

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:55 am

As the warding goes I think there should be a viable formula.Projectile attacks most of the time tend to be weak projectiles shot repeatedly.Lets say my level 4 demon shot might protect you once,twice or something,third or 4rth time.But hey its a 6 barrel shot,so you cant go making infinite shields all the time.This also might be a breakthrough for any level four piercing attacks.Also any and all attributes related to a chars special race/species,or elemental attacks are going to be ignored,going by your formula(just cause it might be a rank lower than yours).In short,it pretty much rules over all kind of attacks which have a level below yours.

Shrinking has been discussed,so yea.
Back to top Go down
S.Carolinus

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Um....Ok.
Back to top Go down
S.Carolinus

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 am

B★RS wrote:
What happens if I make a character who uses magic that is imbued by his race & spiritual being of uniqueness, can anyone learn magic that is one-of-a-kind-ish?

Technically, according to the rules, yes. There aren't any restrictions, therefore making 'Sage Magic' completely useless, but since Carolinus is fine with that...

I'll give my approval soon. It looks fine by me, but I skimmed through most of it. I need to reread it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

S.Carolinus Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.Carolinus   S.Carolinus Empty

Back to top Go down

S.Carolinus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Negima: Lost Magic :: Negima: Lost Magic :: Mage Applications :: Inactive Characters-