Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character Devolpment: Setsuna

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yoko

Yoko

Character Devolpment: Setsuna Empty
PostSubject: Character Devolpment: Setsuna   Character Devolpment: Setsuna EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:08 pm

Well she is personally my favorite character, along with Konoka, i really like how her character is evolving, and yet devolving at the same time. If someone read the manga, Setsuna makes very little progress, in fact she gets a little weaker each time.

At the first time she's introduced during the Kyoto Arc, she fought evenly with Tsukiyomi, even beating her during a fight. She was isolated from Konoka, but was certainly extremely powerful.

Around the middle, she gets less screen time in the Festival Arc, but when she fight Evangeline, She tells her "To give up your sword, or your everyday happiness" Meaning she cant protect Konoka by being so friendly with her. By the end of the battle she defeats Eva, willing to give up neither her happiness or her sword. Later on during the arc she is beaten by Chao multiple times, and is attacked by Kataragi and Touko, fighting with them until she is summoned away.

In the latest arc, she shows promise, but is easily beaten by Fate and is forcibly transported away to some unknown location with Asuna, where they make names for themselves as powerful bounty hunters. She is reunited with Konoka, but during her fight with Tsukiyomi, she is beaten rather easily, but was able to avoid getting killed.During the time they spent fighting the megalosembrian heavy troops, she is able to easily defeat them, protecting Konoka at the same time.

My opinion is that, while she is extremely powerful, she lost alot of power after the Kyoto arc, barely able to defeat regular mages and other Shinmeiryuu, while this entire time she was training to get it back, in her battle with Tsukiyomi she showed her again that "She needs to choose between happiness or the sword" .

Thoughts??
Back to top Go down
Aria

Aria

Female Posts : 511

PostSubject: Re: Character Devolpment: Setsuna   Character Devolpment: Setsuna EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:07 pm

I don't think she's lost her power, more of "neglecting" it. By doing this, it's easier for her to protect Konoka. I think that's her "change", giving in power to protect more efficiently. I'm not sure, I'm not good at this...
Back to top Go down
bex

bex

Male Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: Character Devolpment: Setsuna   Character Devolpment: Setsuna EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:16 am

This is kinda like a fanwar of whose powerful goku or vegeta?
No matter how much vegeta trains and stuff,goku just out matches him lol XD.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

PostSubject: Re: Character Devolpment: Setsuna   Character Devolpment: Setsuna EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:18 am

I always found that kinda sad, thats more the Negi-Kotarou thing

Setsuna is pretty powerful regardless, just she cant ever win a serious fight
Back to top Go down
Aria

Aria

Female Posts : 511

PostSubject: Re: Character Devolpment: Setsuna   Character Devolpment: Setsuna EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Well I think Setsuna definitely has her moments, though I agree she seems to be getting "weaker", but it could be that Tsukiymo got stronger/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Devolpment: Setsuna   Character Devolpment: Setsuna Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Devolpment: Setsuna

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1