Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:59 am

Okay, now it is clear that this new system is going to take some getting used to. I don't want to cluter up the other threads with questions comments and complaints, so I will probably be posting here to suggest improvements to the system.

The first thing I'd like to address is the use of "inteligence" as a stat. I don't have a problem with the stat itself (so long as a more detail explanation comes along later) but there are definately connotations associated with that word that some people are going to misinterperet or take for granted.

I think that instead of calling it "intelligence" we should simply refer to it by something else, perhaps potentiation as it seems to be the basis for learning new spells/ techniques. It's just a somatic change really and if I were giventhe power then I would see to it that the posts containing the word "intelligence" were suitibally edited, so Will doesn't have to worry about that.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:23 am

It seems like we need some kind of baseline for what spells/ techniques are what level. Also, do we really need a specific magic type, because it seems like different mages can have several or even none at all.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:35 am

Simple, make the acquiring magic system easier:

-Some places have like after 40 PP you get to use a new type of skill, maybe you can lower it to 20 or so, and maybe you can allow typeless spells (the basic ones, telepathy, telekinesis, a basic barrier, exarmatio) that dont require an entire new magic to use.
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:43 am

A good way to limit people is simply put a rank restriction. If you haven't been trained in a magic class, you can have rank 2 spells maybe, which makes for very basic abilities.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Female Posts : 558

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:47 am

I thought we didn't want the magic classes.
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:48 am

What do you mean Kitty?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:50 am

Do you mean magic class as the ones where people act as teachers?
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:54 am

No, I mean like for example Sai, he is a soul sealer. Which is a custom class of magic. More generic one might be elemental fire mage kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 am

Oh oops, ignore what I said then Blush
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:00 am

It ish ok Kitty XP
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 am

Rank restriction would make things hard, because you can only learn to a certain extent, it would make things a lot more, well restricted... For Example:

Alberio wants to learn Melodia Bellax
But he can only use Shadow Magic
But he cannot because he would have to have started with Cantus Bellax and worked his way up, which would mean his shadow are put to the side, and thus he cannot use advanced shadow magic

People in Negima can learn multi-spell tree's but they they simply restart with a new tree( Negi could use Light, Wind and then gets skilled in Lightning, moreso than wind or light. And even above that he mastered Dark magic more than lightning.

PP is just simpler, if they really want to spend 40 PP to get a new magic, they can. I dont want to just use White Magic all the time, i plan on learning Water, Mind-Based and Barrier. Just like how Will cannot be skilled in Reinforcement Magic because he focused on Fire, or you cant be skilled in Sword Techniques because you focused on Liberatio.
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 am

Rank restriction would make things hard, because you can only learn to a certain extent. <-- Why must you always argue x.x?

The idea was that if someone specialized in magic they would have no max other than 15 (Which is apparently the max rank of any spell). But, suddenly deciding out of the blue they want a whole new branch then they need restrictions, I am not saying that someone must stay on one branch of magic forever, infact, I am giving them more freedom than you are. It is pretty much the same idea, apart from the fact they can have Low level spells for any sort of magic.

For an example.

Sai wants to use ice magic, but he has never even read a book on it. So he does so and learns a low level spell (Rank 2). This gives him the freedom to use the magic, but until he actually learns that magic it is going to be weak.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:39 am

(ADD, read the first two sentences)

Dont pretend like you still dont hate me, its unbecoming. I did the exact same thing you did, i just said that its not the only option we should consider on that basis.

The restriction is that you have to completely restart a new magic and upgrade/ create new spells, that requires a lot more PP, or you can make it cost 1 more PP to add a rank ( 8PP only equals 4PP for your secondary Magic) but to limit the level a person can is just restricting... if they wanted it, they can work at it.

Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 am

Umi x.x Why do you hate me?!

Also, I don't have ADD, and that isn't a very nice thing to say.

I was pointing out that sentence was pretty much you saying it was a complex then actually explaining what the premise of Rank Restriction x.x
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 am

Who doesn't hate you Ryo? Just kidding. XP

Anyway, your 'magic type' thing that you filled out when creating a character is only what your basic, starter magic is and what you're profficient at.

There's nothing to say you can't learn water or illusion magic, Umi, but your most strongest point is your healing magic (and barriers), as that's what you started with.

You can learn water and illusion magic, doing a system like "20 SP to gain a new type of magic" is silly, because there are so many forms of magic in Negima to the point that, unlike Fairy Tail, which most characters stay at just one main magic, Negima has characters with all types of different magic.

For example, Konoka can use light and healing magic, etc...
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Aria

Aria

Female Posts : 511

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:09 am

I like the idea of using the word intelligence! As the smarter you are, the more spells you should be able to learn, right?
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 pm

So Will, essetially what you are saying is that the magic type we chose to start out with is what we are best at?

Although we can learn spells more easily in the same vein as our initial one we are not limited to it and are capable of learning new spells that do not follow in the initial vein though they do not recieve the same "bonus" as the initial spells.

That about right?
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Kind of, yeah. It's kind of like how Negi's a master of lightning magic, yet has a lot more other spells that aren't lightning based. Same with Kotarou having a lot of other skills, while he uses dark ki(?).
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:48 am

Umi, please delete that post cause it's just gonna antagonize Ryo
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:16 am

And I'm not an antagonist!!
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:47 am

...wut.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Not saying you are Ryo, just that Umi will make you angry thus causing you to retaliate. I am not using the wrod in the classical sense of a villain, but the more traditional sense of making someone angry enough to retaliate.
Back to top Go down
Aria

Aria

Female Posts : 511

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:26 am

Please no fighting...! Blush
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:16 am

Okay, now here is a little thing I'd like to bring up concerning pactios. Now What I think we should instiute is a simple system to make sure people don't go giving an artifact to everyone they meet.

Personnally, I think that a single person can only be the Master of a pactio, once after every ten earned SP. And that a single person can only be a minstra every 50 earned SP... That soundfair to you guys?
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:34 am

First pactio shouldn't have a requirement. However, from every person onwards, there should be a 10 SP requirement.

So to have 3 ministras, you'd need 20 SP, as the first ministra was a freebie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minor changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor changes   Minor changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Minor changes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next