Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Negima RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:08 am

Okay since this place is dead we are gonna design the next RP here. So lets get started then shall we.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:18 am

Well to continue from before, ill take the interesting ideas from out emails and put them here:

-Traits and Other Benfits for sticking to ability trees (not so much subdivision, but styles of gameplay)
-Not have as many subdivisions
-Have Mods choose artifacts rather than people
-Not make it entirely at a school
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:35 am

Agreed to all of the above though I don't think that traits should determine styles of play. I think that traits should be options that players can take in order to improve their abilities.

Also I think we should make it mandatory that in every character application a person inputs a characters flaw (real or percieved) which they must work through. For example, Ako who percieves her scar as a flaw and goes to great lengths to hide it. Furthermore she views herself as unimportant (another thing which must be worked through).

Then there is Nodoka (who must get over her shyness in order to create her relationship with Negi) or Ayaka (lets face it she's a female pedophile who can't let go of the death of her still-born brother)

Basically what I am saying is that characters need to have mandatory flaws in order tokeep the Mary Suu population down.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:49 am

Like some sort of crucible?? that sounds good. Traits wont shape someones play, just give them more growth in the style they choose, so that Combat Mages can do most things healers do, but not as good then?? Idk you should clarify....
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:01 am

Sort of. I think that someones play should be determined by your stats and what spells you choose. I imagine that aside from the "free spells" you get automatically as you increase your magic stat, your play style would be determined by which spells you choose to learn and how high you rank up the spells you do learn (basically your proficiency with them and how much effort you choose to put into them).

Furthermore as for the topic of reinforcement, I think that unless you have the combat mage trait, you could only bring your other stats up so high. Then after you get the combat magic trait you can magically enhance your stats to as high as possible so long as you have enough free tech points (or whatever we are calling them) to spend on the spell.

Also could you please put the stat system you were going to use in your next post for posteritys sake?
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 am

Well its like this or like this, you can decide:

Physical/Magical Strength:
Physical/Magical Resistance:
Speed:
Stamina:

Barriers, Buff and such will affect these stats, so that PvP becomes pretty fair.

Like the character flaw idea btw, it gives SOMETHING for someone to work on.

So if someone would say want to Healer and Barrier-make, what kinda of traits would you allow them?
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:27 am

I'm afraid that I don't really like the idea of dividing magic into just strength and resistance.

I think that we should go off of the stats from OPEX and FT.

Stamina
Strangth
Accuracy
Speed

For Chi users I think that their chi level should be similar to the fortune found in OPEX as an average of all the above stats (though any trait which inflates that stat , such as mighty or bear, should be included in the overrall computation.

Then I think that the magic stat should be kept seperate and behave in the same manner it does on OPEX. How does this sound to you?
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 am

But then how do magic users get stronger?? Fortune stats is stupid, and Magic stat is to simple to use because the styles of magic are too varied.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:49 am

The alternative is to utilize some form of leveling system (but I doubt most people would like that considering that alot of people prefer to go for the immediate gratification of gaining power right after completing a thread).

We could just do away with the magic stat entirely and also just do away with the accuracy stat.

A persons magical power would be determeined by their total MP (the amount they could utilize in each thread) and the highest ranking spells they mastered. So then the system would read

Stamina
Strength
Speed

MP.

Total points earned could be used to determine the highest ranking tecniques the person could use, but particular kinds of techs (healing and barriers and such) could each have traits which allowed you to increase the maximum rank for each of those techniques.

How does that sound?
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 2:02 am

Actually i really like it.... DO IT!
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 2:20 am

Done, we'll need to put it in a more concise form than this though.

And I guess that chi would work the same way except you would use ability points instead of magic points. Ithink that if youwanted to use both though then you would firstly need to take a trait for it and secondly need to have both scores halved, so you would still have the same total score but your overrall earned points would be split between magic and chi.

Also we are going to need to rephrase this so that other people would be able to understand it.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 2:28 am

Im good at that kind of thing, so we can take over the magical world now??
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 2:32 am

sounds good, where do we start?
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:01 am

Make a zetaboard forum? or keep this one
Activate the system and stats
Advertise
Take over the world
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:10 am

Forumotion gets on google much easier (from my experiences), but Zeta looks better. Your choice.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

New Negima RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Negima RP   New Negima RP Empty

Back to top Go down

New Negima RP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1