Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Examining the sealer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ryo

Ryo

Examining the sealer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:27 am

"Larita's flute follows the same rules as my weapons, it is terribly draining for her to use it I imagine." He comments, he had told one person the very basics... that was enough for now. Though, as Mortimer touched the coin he expected nothing to happen but as soon as he did, suddenly it would shine momentarily before turning into water, fresh clean drinking water. Roughly about a litre. "... Interesting.. This doesn't follow those rules, no spell need be applied. I think we sold those to villages in droughts. Apparently you don't need my magic to release these coins"

Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:03 am

AMAZING. Truly this magic was astounding. Not only could they change magic into solid objects, they could transform physical objects into magic, then into a different physical object, then back into its original state.

"Now I do believe you also wanted to know about my particular breed of magic?"
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:08 am

"Yes.. you can manipulate shadows.. is there something else you can do though?" he questions.. and wonders what he could use this information for. Not that it mattered, knowing more would always be useful.. just incase.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:14 am

*sigh* "I'mnot surprised that you're not all that interested honestly, most people thank " raaising his hands and waving them around in a sarcastic fashion "oh, you can manipulate shadows, great." Throwing his arms down "And they think t's like manipulating fire or water or one of those other foolish elements when they don't know the first THING about it. Because from a scientific standpoint shadows are just NOTHING, and people don't seem to make this connection that we are actually manipulating something that doesn;t actually EXIST".

During this monlogue he had paced back and forth repeatedly venting his frustration at the idea of yet ANOTHER person who did not understand what it was he truly did. By the end of his rant hishands were drawn out to either side in a tense questioning fashion and he had invaded Sai's personal space beyond what was comfortable several times now.
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:27 am

"How is it different, please, explain. Because those shadowmen I killed earlier were very much real... Which technically means they aren't really shadows. His logic, was very very true. "In fact... give me an example, show me one of your weaker spells. Because I want to test a theory..." he said as he waited.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:41 am

"It is something which does not exist scientifically speaking. It is not matter or photons or electro-magnetic energy or gravity. It is said that highly advanced magic is almost indestinguishable from magic, and no I don;t have that backwards. Basically all other forms of magic can be explained utilizing some form of scientific principle. But shadow magic is based purely on an idea. A concept of something that appears to be there based on what is lacking. There really is no better analogy for it really. We don't simply move photons around creating an area of darkness, that would make no sense, and how could something which is just an area devoid of photons interract with the rest of the world or become solid for that matter."

"umbrae", with that a small ball of blackness appeared in Mortimers hand. "This is the simpelest darkness spell in existance, it is neither matter or energy and only becomes solid when I do this" with that Mortimer invested his magical power into the ball, causing it to become solid. "It is not simply raw magical energy in this ball otherwise I wouldn't be able to bend or move it, or even keep it as a black color. So tell me, aside from magical energy what do you think this little ball is made of when I have established that shadow is merely the absence of ligt". With that he tossed the little sphere to the sealer.
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 am

Sai caught the ball of darkness, noting it was definately solid. "Interesting..." he said, before the ball would suddenly glow slightly, odd.. Slowly, but surely it seemed that it was changing shape, particles of magic moving about and changing. "It is definately comprised of magical energy, but, whatever happens to be left over.." he was curious, it was his doing that the magic in this ball was being taken, Mortimer would find he no longer had any sway on it, at all. The currently formless energy continued to shift while Sai looked back to him. [color=darkred]"Tell me.. what will be left over? What else is this made of"[/color[
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:09 am

mortimer chuckled at the question "You know, many people have thought many different things about that, and as far as I can tell, none of them can come to a satisfactory conclusion. Some say that there is nothing there. Others think that it is the concept of darkness, that in each shroud of the real thing there holds the collective unconcious ideal of a true physical darkness. Others say matter of all kinds densely packed into a single place. Some hold that amystical rune representing darkness in its truest form will emerge (though many have debunked this as belonging only to a single culture of magic ielders) .And still others say that there are spirits or beings existing on a higher spiritual plane will emerge. Whatever it is, I can tell you one thing, it will be darkness... but then again that's a bit cyclic isn't it? Considering that we don't exactly know what darkness is as it relates to magic anyway..."

Pausing, Mortimer leaned in closer to the steadily draining shadow sphere, taking out a set of glasses from his coat and setting them on his nose. He studied for a moment before saying "I don't think that draining all the magic out of it will work though. You're draining it at an exponential rate much in the same way carbon isotope depleat out of an organism after it dies. You can keep draining it but I don;t think you will get to the center." Turning to look back up at Sai he continued "it's like cutting a line between two points then cutting it in half, then cuttting one of those halves in half and so on. The point is there will always be a bit of magic there hiding what darkness truly is."

OOC; srry it took so long to write this. Just had to work it out till it was just right.
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:43 am

"Magic is a finite substance, so eventually I will whittle this down to nothing. But, for now.." He looked down to the magic, it wasn't simply being dissipated, but formed. For now, it didn't look like much at all, but slowly it spread itself out and continue shaping. He looked back up. "So, you don't know what the your magic really is? Because you didn't really answer my question. The magic had continued, in his left hand was the dark sphere, still getting smaller, but in his right, was what looked like a bow.. or at least the start of a bow, starting from the center working its way out towards being quite tall, almost as tall as Sai himself.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:57 am

Well that is interesting, Mortimer thought as he observed what Sai was doing, depleating the magic from the sphere while forming an oddly curved piece of metal in his opposite hand.

Drawing himself back from his close inspection of Sai's magic he replied "As I said before it is darkness, the only thing is I don't know what darkness is... much in the same way that physicists don't know whether or not light is waves or particles but they still manage to create numerous mechanical theories and tests of it. So basically no, as darkness is only defined as the place where light does not exist, so it's true form alludes me as it has many other shadow mages for decades. Then again, there are also a bunch of light manipulating mages who don't know what they are manipulating either... so I am somwhat skeptical if the negative of light were cpable of being detected when the fundamental nature of light itself is not understood.
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:25 am

The weapon began to finalize it's shape, it was a longbow, ornate black and white design (The bow itself, ignore the coloring). Finally it would finish itself, the two ends bending back slightly to have the tips brightly shine, and a white line moving from both ends, to join in the middle to form the string. "Good.. he said, looking at his new weapon curiously before looking back to Mortimer. "So it seems I am not the only one who needs to research his magic hrmm?" he questions.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:29 am

Mortimer grinned. "You know I think that this could be the start of a wonderful research partnership" he said.

"So, where shall we get started?"

OOC; if you want we can finish this thread or continue on in this same vein of research. Or we could stop for now and come back later.
Back to top Go down
Ryo

Ryo

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:30 am

(This is a good place to end XP, we can continue on later!)

Item's Received

Quote :
Shadow Bow -
Quote :

Release form-
Unknown
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:35 am

Rewards

Alberio: 3 SP, 2 MP and 300,000 Drachma.
Sai: 3 SP, 2 MP, 100,000 Drachma and a specially made Shadow Bow.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Examining the sealer   Examining the sealer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Examining the sealer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Negima: Lost Magic :: Negima: Lost Magic :: The Confederacy :: Everlast Magic School-