Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KHR??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eri

Eri

KHR?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KHR??   KHR?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Vongola didn't mistreat Enma??
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

KHR?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KHR??   KHR?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:15 am

They started it, and other families mistreated them
Back to top Go down
Eri

Eri

KHR?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KHR??   KHR?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:26 am

You're right Umi. Vongola's the trigger to Enma's hatred.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

KHR?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KHR??   KHR?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:02 pm

Read the 300th Chapter, AWW!!!! *Fanscream* Blush Blush Blush Blush Blush Happy Happy Shocked! Shocked! :shiney: :shiney: Kill Kill

So, SO COOL! We have to make the RP now..
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

KHR?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KHR??   KHR?? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:27 am

KHR has gotten so bad.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

KHR?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KHR??   KHR?? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:56 pm

The first 60 chapters seemed to be the manga just getting its footing. It seemed to start out TRYING to be like Sgt. Frog or something (kindof like how negima started out as a harem comedy) before entering a COMPLETE genre shift with the entrance of a dying will mode which DIDN'T involve the user getting pissed and tearing his clothes up.

From there it sortof seemed to enter into the typical "action adventure shounen" genre which we are all so familiar with. THEN it progresed even farther into that genre by creating the intangible energy which seems to fuel EVERYONES powers by utilizing boxes, rings and different flavors of dying will flame.

The problem with a KHR rp is not that it isn't doable...it's that there is too much stuff EXACTLY LIKE IT which actually does it BETTER! One piece is a prime example of this and I'm sorry to say that everything Katekyo hitman reborn tries to do, One piece did, has done, is doing and will continue to do, better.

A KHR rp just isn't feasible because there is little to no way to actually "get into it" in the first place. The manga usually offers certain routes in, however KHR's route was 60 chapters of slapstick comedy, and that's just not good to rp.

In the past we HAVE tried alternate methods but they have failed miserably as people found that it just wasn't interesting or engaging enough to stay on (granted this might have been done to the execution rather than the founding ideal but the overall result is the same).

Given that almost all of us started on OPEX and began playing with the opex system, we have become locked into that systems mindset and are just now discovering that even WITH tweaks and edits there are certain limits inhrent to it. The transfer from normal weapons over to box flames, the ring system, original techniques for every character, the shere complexity of the system presented in the manga, the limitations of the OPEX system when applied to that universe, a twisting convoluted plot full of holes and a lack of entry point or staying value makes me confident when I say this.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CREATE A GOOD SUSTAINABLE KHR SYSTEM WHEN WE OR ANYONE ELSE STARTING FROM OPEX IS INVOLVED!!!

I dare anyone to dispute my claim (talking to you Umi) as the attempts that have been made to create one in the past, OR ones in the future have been and will be doomed to faliure.

I don't mean to be inflamatroy but Umi seek your feelings, you know this to be true. If you can not be stubborn and see your past track record with creating RP's you know that this is the case. I know for a fact that you're smart enough to see this and I hope that you won't try and find some strange loophole like getting Will to make it, will change anything. I'm sorry Umi I truly am. But an entire forum devoted to KHR or similar such roleplays will invariably be doomed before it begins. Please Umi just...please stop.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

KHR?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KHR??   KHR?? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:55 pm

I made that post in July of last year Al, i think im aware of that....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KHR?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KHR??   KHR?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

KHR??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Negima: Lost Magic :: Discussion Section :: Manga Discussion-