Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The meeting (Private, Alberio)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyon

Lyon

Male Posts : 640

The meeting (Private, Alberio) Empty
PostSubject: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Joshua had been through some interesting encounters through part of his journeys. Though something told him today would be a different day. As he walked through the plains he looked up and noticed it was only about noon, it also seemed fairly cloudy though so it was easier to tolerate the day.

"I have been traveling for a few weeks and have little to show for it..." He thought as he walked on. He had one of his shadow swordsmen accompanying him as he was able to sustain 1 for as long as he needed.

"Where shall we go now?" He asked the shadow.

"Tarak nosha kori." It replied, which roughly translated to "What's that way?". It pointed to what appeared to be a small house in the distance.

"Nice sighting. Let's see what we have there." Joshua said in his usual tone, though it was somewhat interesting as this was such an open plain and nothing else was really close by.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Nothing had sought to create a new dwelling place for himself. It was a time consuming process but he had managed to construct a new house on the open plains of hellas, made entirely from shadow. Mostly, he just wanted to see if it could be done. But the tall grasses concealed more shadow than one would think possible, providing him with the raw materials required to form the "house" and subsequent furniture. It had cost him a pretty penny getting all the various paints to make the house have a semblance of "normality" but he figured it would be worth it.

He briefly wondered if he would start a trend and a settlement would pop up around the area... but this was little more than idle fancy. He ambled over to the kettle sitting on the bubbling firepit, taking it off and pouring the hat water into a cup of darkness. He was about to add some crushed tea leaves to it, but he felt something...out of place...no, not something, some ONE. THey were approaching his new house. Two of them. One inexorably tainted by darkness, the other, made of the stuff. Another shadow magic user...that was certainly rare.

Moving back and forth in the house Mortimer could tell that they were getting closer. He downed his tea in a gulp and then danced around the cottage for several moments performing the "hot hot hot ouch my tongue is burned" ceremony. Letting the cup dissipate he approached his door and took a deep breath. Passing his hand over the side the door, forming a primitive chain between it and the wall. When the person got close enough he would open the door quickly shout "we don't want any" and then shut it again.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Joshua casually approached the house and as he got closer he could feel something. The house wasn't a regular building, something about it made it feel different to Joshua. Despite his feelings he continued to approach the building and what might be inside. They were only about 10 meters from the building when he stopped. He heard something very subtle inside. There was something inside the building, but what?

"Keep at the ready. I'm not sure what's inside." He said to his summon.

They were walking up to the door, no further than a couple meters away when the door was opened a man was heard shouting "we don't want any" and it was closed again. Baffled, Joshua decided to continue towards the door to this strange house and what appeared to be a strange man living inside.

Joshua stood by the door for a few moments than turned to look at the shadow swordsman.

"Shrola tik kori?" Joshua said ("What was that?").

"Maki naz." ("No idea") Replied the shadow.

"Soe nek ma?" ("Should we go?") Joshua was confused but he didn't feel as though it would be that important to force their way into the house.

"Prika nota fe bast." ("Probably a good idea.")

Both Joshua and his summon turned to leave. If the person was so determined to be alone than it might be best to just go.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Nothing slinked back into his house. It seemed that that would be enough to get this new person to leave. Nothing had tried...so many different things. And yet everything he tried seemed to end up worse than the last. So, he had resolved to simply stop. So long as he wasn't out there working with people, helping them, he wouldn't be hurting them either...or at least that was where his latest logic train had brought him. Slumping back down into his plush chair he stared at the wall and tried to think of a reason, ANY reason at all, that he shouldn't just give up his life right now.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 pm

(Who is this character you are currently using? I'm a bit confused... Just a random person in the building?)

Joshua had continued to walk when his summon stopped.

"What is it?" Joshua asked turning to see what was so interesting.

"Nako kori tils." ("Something seems off") Replied the shadow.

"What is it?" Asked Joshua, confused.

"Faw nori." ("Follow me") The shadow started to run towards something in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 pm

[Mortimer]

The two figures ran across the open plain, neither seeing anything but both picking up the distinct feeling that something was there. It wasn't approaching, nor was it receding. It just, was. There, simple and complete. Yet at the same time they both felt a yawning void as they approached the indistinguishable area of plain. They didn't see anything until they were within ten feet of it. A girl, partially translucent sat upon a small boulder, her face in her hands, crying softly. She was clearly a ghost, but would they seek to comfort her or leave her to her own devices.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:51 pm

They stopped when they were only a couple feel away from this ghost. Unsure of what to do they stood there for a moment. Then finally Joshua spoke.

"Hello." He wasn't sure what to say, nor if it was relevant to even speak to a ghost. He wasn't one to console anything but he was curious if he could interact with this ghost and if he did what it would accomplish.

[As for Mortimer, isn't the tiger with him? If so it would probably recognize what he was feeling and go... nudge him or something... Just a thought.]
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 am

The ghost girl sniffed looking up at the shadow summoner "C-Can you help me *sniff* Please?"

Mortimer sat in his chair while the white Tiger Lyon had left him turned visible once more. "You should have let them in" "Why? It would only have caused more problems" "Yes. But it would also prevent more suffering" "And that prevention would eventually cause more suffering" "And yet you are still here. If you honestly didn't think that what you do is necessary you wouldn't be alive right now. You've already made your choice so as my master would say"shit or get off the pot."

Mortimer sighed. "Fuck you" he finished as he stood up, picking up his coat and drawing the sword Lyon had left for him. Stepping outside he took a deep breath and set off in the shadow summoners direction.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:15 am

Joshua considered her plea. "What is it you require help with?" He asked in his usual calm tone.

He was somewhat surprised that she did in fact interact with him, but was unsure of what to expect from the ghostly girl.

"What could I possibly help her with? I guess I can always say no..." He thought. "But let's see what she has to say before I judge too much..."

As they talked, the summon looked around the area, assessing the situation. There didn't seem to be anything that really stood out other than the ghost girl. Everything else seemed... for lack of a better description, where it should be. Though not always the case in this world.

[OOC: You couldn't post that anywhere else Will? Really?]
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:23 am

"I-I just...I can't get down from this rock...please, if you could just help me down I'm sure I'd be free of this place" she spoke pleadingly extending her etheral arm towards him. A look of intense pain plastered on her face.

Mortimer advanced across the plains, the sword carried over his shoulder as he advanced towards the place he knew that all travelers were drawn to. He picked up his pace, jogging slightly, trying to reach the stone as quickly as possible yet at the same time experiencing great reluctance and aprehension. A sense of unshakeable ambivalence of desiring to help the travelers and at the same time to remain sequestered. Would he approach them fast enough to be detected?
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:30 am

In an almost cold tone Joshua spoke back to her. "There is nothing I can do for you to help you get down from that rock. The only way you can get down is to help yourself."

He knew all too well how this would play out had he tried so it was pointless for him to try and help. He turned to walk away from the ghost girl, there was nothing for him to do here. Despite his thoughts of the day it seemed that it had deceived him this once. He took a couple of steps then stopped, waiting to see if she had anything else to say or ask.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:52 pm

"NO! Please! DON'T LEAVE ME!" she cried out sending a wail across the open plain. It was a sonic attack wrought out of fear and desperation. Odds are anyone within range would soon find their ears popping and possibly burstingunder the intense ultrasonic preasure.

Mortimer could now see the man and his shadow guardian. He doubled his pace charging forward, popping his ears now to maintain equilibric preassure against the external vibrational forces.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Joshua's ears felt like they were about to burst had he not covered his ears in time. He knew this would be a problem if he didn't do anything about it. He collapsed to the ground in pain from the pressure of the scream. He had only one defense and it would have to do for this scenario.

"To Aru No Vaki Insara." Joshua spoke with great trouble. His swarm appeared around him and a small amount moved into his ear to protect against the sound pressure.

After a couple seconds Joshua had the strength to get up. "So much for just walking away..." Joshua said, his voice a bit shaken.

His shadow summon was able to withstand the pressure but was feeling some of the effects, dropping to one knee for about the same time it took Joshua time to steady himself.

"What the hell am I supposed to do..." Joshua thought, he wasn't sure what else to expect from this... ghost.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Entering the area, Mortimer called forth two shadow soldiers sending one towards the ghost girl and the other to grab the collapsed man. As soon as the shadow drew close enough to the girl her screaming would lessen as the moist soil around it caused the soldier to sink down slowly. This was the trap of the plains ghost. Long ago she had found her way onto the rock, but she could not get down as the area around her was for all intensive purposes, quicksand. She died on that rock and although her body had long since wasted away, her spirit remained, immature and unable to recognize that the people were not leaving her, only sinking to the same fate she had spent her short life avoiding.

As the shadow soldier drew close to her and sank down, Mortimer knew that they wouldn't have much time as he sought to shundo as far away from her as possible, while having his shadow soldier drag and carry the collapsed man.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Joshua noticed another shadow summon helping him move from where he was. Within a couple seconds, his shadow summon helped get him away from the area. He wasn't completely sure what was going on but he would sort it out when he was back to his senses.

Joshua and the two shadows were away from the danger zone fairly quickly and Joshua was now fully back to his senses. Looking around, he noticed a strange man standing close by.

"Who are you?" Joshua asked, strangely calm again.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:08 pm

"No one important" he replied flatly. "It's going to be dark soon. Do you have transportation?" Mortimer spoke as coldly and monotonously as he could manage, seeking to dissuade this mans interest. Things would probably be better if less people knew he existed.

He scanned the horizon trying to keep his own face out of the young mans line of sight. Waving his hand the shadows in the grass were dragged out of their hiding places. The mass of shadows was larger than Mortimer had meant to collect. Clenching his teeth slightly at using more energy than he needed he shaped the shadows, his magical projection ability greatly improved now. The shadows formed into what seemed like a ten meter tall tower. The walls were thin but strong and inside a black spiral staircase would lead up to an observation deck. With this he would be able to see and defend against the myriad of dangers which stalked the plains at night.
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:40 pm

With the immediate dangers gone he released his shadow swarm.

"No, I have no transportation." Joshua had wondered everywhere by foot usually.

He watched as this man made a building from the shadows of the plains. He knew that this was no ordinary person.

"You must have been important to someone at some point." Joshua said nonchalantly.

Joshua knew that anyone that said they were 'no one important' had something to hide.

"Whoever you are, you clearly avoid contact with people. Though I sense that wasn't always the case..." Joshua thought, observing this person.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:03 am

"If you have none then you should stay here for the night. It will protect you from the plains at night"

Mortimer began striding away from the tower towards his own home. Or at least where he thought his home would be. Out in the plains it was difficult to tell which way was forward, back or even whether you were headed north or south. Without a compass it was unnaturally easy to become lost.

"I used to mean a lot of things to a lot of people. Problem is, that's nothing but trouble. Trust me, never get too powerful. It'll only make you miserable"
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:26 pm

"I suppose I will stay the night." Joshua said walking into the newly formed building.

Joshua listened to what was being said and was now curious what he might have been put through.

"Interesting... his isolation is an extension of his misery. He must have been put through a great deal to be like this." Joshua thought as he entered the top of the tower.

He looked out onto the vast plains as night began to fall. He was curious to see if he could talk to that man again but that would have to wait a different day. If he was given the chance that night maybe he would let his summons explore the night.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:12 pm

It wasn't long before Mortimer was most certainly lost. The only landmark he had was the tower he'd made and even that was receding in the distance. He didn't have a compass on him and the now night sky made it impossible for him to tell which direction he was going. Deciding to settle down at the edge of the towers vision he lay down trying to fall asleep in the tall grass, confident that the tiger which followed him everywhere would keep watch.

Unfortunately Joshua would find that he lacked the same level of "protection" as Mortimer. Already the creatures of the plains were gathering. Etheral and silent as they traveled across the grassland like mist. They were neither wolves nor ghosts, nor bison nor fog but some strange mix of all those qualities, hulking but silent and ultimately predatorial. Seeking the being which occupied the tower. A being strong enough to be worth swallowing, but weak enough that with all of them together, it could be killed.

Many things would die that night... but as the misty beings surrounded the tower one had to wonder, would Joshua be among those dead when dawn came?
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Joshua watched as the 'creatures' for lack of a better name began to gather close to the tower.

"Well, that's interesting... I haven't seen or heard of such a thing before. Time to test my shadows I suppose..." Joshua said as he looked at his only sustained shadow.

"Are you ready to fight?" He asked in a somewhat rhetorical way. The shadow nodded and shundo'd onto the ground below, ready to begin the fight.

Joshua was fully aware that he would probably die but he wanted to see what these things were capable of in the first place. He was also unsure how safe he would be in this tower after all. He had no idea how sturdy the walls would be, as they were created magically. It could be easily broken, or it could be stronger than some of the hardest materials. He had a feeling he would find out at some point in the night.

As the shadow hit the ground, it was ready for the first of many quick attacks. It's sword still in it's scabbard in preparation to use it's other ability. It was unsure of what the creatures relied on, if sight was key to them the summon would have a huge advantage as it was darker than the night that was. It would also be hard to smell as it harbored no smell at all. Though it was unsure of how affective physical attacks would be on these creatures it was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:11 am

As the shadow being dropped to the ground the creatures were able to sense the magical eminations from it. They sought to surround the creature, back into it so that i had no where to run, the tower blocking its only escape.

There were thirteen of the creatures in all. Snarling grunting, pawing the ground. Three of the larger ones charged in low their horns leveled at the shadow beings lower body.

Meanwhile two more stood in that back ready to jump should the prey prove smart enough to get out of the way by jumping into the air. These creatures would jettison themselves off the ground the moment an enemy started flying, one in case it jumped to the left in the air, the other to the right. Both would attack if the foe sought to jump straight up, their fangs bared and ready to snap into the beings limbs.

They were a pack group, instinctually taking up positions to cut off all of their preys escape routes. And it seemed that they hungered for the magical energy infused in the shadow being as well as its master...but for now they would seek to skewer then devour the singular shadow before moving on to the "main course".
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:24 pm

In actuality the shadow had no plans to dodge out of the way as to face them head on with it's isi. By channeling Ki into the blade and arm the attack might be powerful enough to hurt, if not kill one of the creatures now charging at it. After the initial attack the plan was to shundo onto the back of the other creature in an attempt to catch them off guard. How well this would work would be decided on how much damage his Isi could do. Judging by the situation, this first fight would determine Joshua's next plan of action.
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:42 pm

One of them was indeed harmed by the fast swipe of his sword. The slash struck home, causing a deep gash in its essence before falling backwards. This however did not daunt the charge of the two other beasts who summarily balked as they found themselves facing an empty wall. Upon landing on one of the creatures backs the others were quick to respond leaping and snarling as they sought to bite him off their comrade, attcking from three different directions would the shadow being counter attack?
Back to top Go down
Lyon

Lyon

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:36 am

With the first successful attack doing quite a bit of damage against the beast Joshua started to formulate a plan. He knew his shadow would not be able to kill them all. He would however wait and see how much damage could be done by one shadow.

The shadow landed successfully on the creatures back and hearing the oncoming attack he thrust the blade into the creatures neck, in an attempt to get it to either fling him away, kill it, or get it to take the blows of the other creatures. He was not sure how it would react but there was potential for the creatures to eliminate it.

"So they can take physical damage... That's good for me. I wonder how long I would have in the tower if I have no protection... I would rather avoid that." Joshua thought as the battle continued. He was planning the next attack based off how his one shadow would do and revising his plan with every move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The meeting (Private, Alberio)   The meeting (Private, Alberio) Empty

Back to top Go down

The meeting (Private, Alberio)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next