Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Few Days (Solo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inherent

Inherent

Male Posts : 75

The First Few Days (Solo) Empty
PostSubject: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 am

[I just wanted to explain the gap between when my character was found and when he arrived while also revealing some of the character's past if y'all don't mind. So....]

This wasn't the first time Tsun was in such a precarious position. He looked around and saw the crippled, tarnished tress that surrounded the enclosed space where he sat lamenting his suffering and sighed heavily. How did I get here? Tsun wondered to himself. Where is… here? Why do these things keep attacking? He grunts as he tries to sit up against the age-old tree. Now that he thought about it, how he got here wasn’t that important to him, but was keeping him moving even now was that he had to get back. He still carries the taxes that he was supposed to bring to the State Parliament from over 2 weeks ago, when he first got here. He remembered Ivan telling him like he always did before Tsun went on a journey, “You come back before your mission’s done and I swear to god I’ll kill ye’.” Tsun knew he was simply joking around but he always took the words to heart, after all he was the man who saved his life at that time, what felt like ages ago, and even though the man was still strong-willed, he was getting up in years, which is why Tsun volunteered to start making the trip to delivers the tax money in the first place. It was a terrible decision and he barely survived the first trip amazing him even more as to how the old man did it every month. But he had gotten used to it, and even came to enjoy living off the land and sleeping in the forests and it gave him time to strengthen his Ki, because he of all people knew that the roads were dangerous, and not knowing where other people… or other things were could mean death.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 am

Think Tsun Think this is no time to be reminiscing. He steadied his breathing and took out his sketchbook and tried to envision his surroundings through his fatigued eyes. Then there it was, the oddly-shaped wolves, the dense trees, the broken logs scattered everywhere, and the small cliff just ahead of him. He forced his Ki into his hand and started to draw everything within the vicinity that he could think of, and then there it was one red mark, and he located a first wolf, two… three… four… fi- and then the fifth dot on the map disappeared. He knew who it was though, because it had to be the leader of the pack, the one he clashed with only moments after he arrived nearly two weeks ago. And he sighed, he saw no logical route to escape this time, he was terribly wounded and he was sleep-deprived from the constant attacks, he realized that he might not make it out alive.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:42 am

Shit, I’ve been through worse than this… but then again, I always knew I was too weak to live on my own. Why didn’t I just stay at the orphanage, I probably wouldn’t be in this mess now. He immediately took that back. That was his stupidity speaking, he knew already that the past is simply a foundation of future actions, and if he ran away once, he would have been bound to do it again whether or not he thought he would. He knew what’s done was done, but he did realize the cause of this dilemma. It was anxiety. Anxiety, downright paranoia to a certain extent urged him to leave the orphanage, he could no longer trust those around him, the surrounding didn’t feel right, just how like his surroundings now didn’t feel right. “Aoooeee…” Tsun held his breath as he heard the echoing sound of what resembled a wolf. And then he wondered, what these things were, for they did certainly look like wolves and moved liked wolves, but they were much more organized than average wolves, they attacked in waves, they kept a look-out while the other slept, they even flanked him and set up ambushes that they led me into.

And on top of it all, they were much more powerful than the wolves he fought with before he came here. That’s right… before he came here his anxiety was building up as he realized that something wasn’t right anymore. His master, Viron wasn’t going out as much and woke up later than usual on work days, the dogs he used to take care of since their birth began to attacking him widely as if he were some foreign entity, and the storms… the storms became more frequent and lasted so much longer than before.

In fact he found it odd of himself to have tried to beat the storm’s advancement the day he left with the taxes. Viron wanted to put off the journey until after the storm passed, but Tsun’s anxiety was at its limits, he needed to leave the town and go somewhere, anywhere other than there, for now what he needed was some time away from his life so he can reestablish his goals and weigh his possible future. So he took off that day thinking that he would have around 6 hours before the storm reaches the peak, which he thought enough time to reach the next village over before the downpour became unbearable. But he miscalculated, almost half an hour after he took off he was in a torrential downpour which made it almost impossible for him to see, the oddest part of it all was that his map stopped showing signs of life ever since the last time he checked. He decided that he would have to stop at the cave just less than 3 miles west of him for the night before heading on when a gust of wind knocked him of his feet.

Last edited by Inherent on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:43 am

And that’s when it happened, where it all started for him. His insides felt as if he were being pressed in by all sides, and he felt a twinge in his body, his Ki was reacting to something that almost burned his whole body, suffocating him and left him tormented inside. Then he felt it, his entire body was being sucked from the inside out as if he were slowly dying. He could feel each of his atoms slowly become untwined and disperse his breath leaving him as if he were and over-inflated balloon. He could almost see his atoms slowly, ever so slowly move towards an unseen hole, where nothing could be seen or heard. And after what felt like an eternity there was a lightning flash and… nothing.

They're moving again. It seemed like his rest was over and it was time to move on, they were beginning to circle around his position on the map ever so slowly pushing him into a corner in which he would have no choice but to fight. But something was odd about their movements, for the last 3 days that they had been attacking, never once did they kill him, they simply attacked when he stopped moving and attacked when he changed direction, it was as if they were leading him somewhere. And then he gasped. He immediately looked at one of his prior maps and realized that they were leading him back to where he first appeared, where he first scarred there leader. And with thought now clear in his mind he veered off course and waited for the impending attack. And then they came, but they did not move to attack him head on, they had learned their lesson from the last time, their companion had charged full steam ahead only to be killed by a pitfall, which caused them to retreat and watch him, which gave him the time to rest.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 am

The leader nudged one of the smaller wolves to go on ahead, and the wolf unquestioningly did, he moved till he was within five feet and then circled around to my opposite side. The leader upon seeing no traps immediately yelled and the other started to charge forward. I didn’t expect the scout… but I don’t mind it, I expected my plan to fail anyways. And when they were within 10 feet of him he cut a vine that he had hid behind his back releasing a large tree that swung down knocking a majority of the wolves off the cliff.

Bottoms up you damn wolves! He could hear the wolves yelping as they hit the ground at the bottom of the cliff since it was not a large enough fall to kill them. They had already begun to head back up the cliff by the time he counted how many had the trap missed. Seven... 3 more than I expected to dodge the trap… It’s now or never so I might as well try it out.

He knew that if he didn’t kill or badly injure the leader now he would die here, they were trying to lead him back to where he injured the leader to try to make it clear to him why he was to die but he could not die here, Viron had entrusted him with delivering the taxes, and although he was extremely weak compared to most people, he had already planned for the encounter long before they had arrived. He felt an overflow of Ki in his body and he immediately forced it into his neurons and nerve cells. Whether or not he lived tomorrow did not matter, he must survive today, his breathing quickened and his pupils dilated and he began to see more than before.

The scout lunged at him, and taking the makeshift saw he used to cut the vine, he forced his Ki through it and impaled the wolf through the chest. He pulled loose the makeshift spear from the tree and launched it at a nearby wolf before being hit in the chest by another wolf. Then he felt the flesh of his right leg tear as another wolf ravished his body with its’ mangled teeth. He let out a scream before taking a bear trap from his rucksack and clamping it on the wolf’s neck.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 am

He turned to see the wolves nearing the middle of the cliff, and he rushed at the leader who until not and been in the back nudging others to go attack. He ripped the makeshift spear from its carcass and lunged but the leader had seen it coming dodging left and lunging at Tsun as he landed. Tsun with his Ki overflowing was only able to dodge the neck for his neck by shield it with his arm. But he had been waiting for this chance; he knew that the only way to have a chance of restricting the leader’s movements enough for him to kill the monster was to sacrifice his arm in its wake. He forced more Ki into the spear and pierced the leader in the neck, whom at the time was ripping the flesh of his arm.

At the fall of their leader, the other wolves began to howl, first the ones who saw it, then the ones who were climbing the cliff, and all of them began to hurry off with a wistful chord in their howls. But Tsun could not be happy with this outcome, he was gravely injured, extremely fatigued, and his Ki was vastly depleted, any moment now the wolves could return to seek revenge having found a new leader, or wish to come back for the body of their leader. He took the spear from the leaders neck and used it as a staff heading evermore westward with no goal in mind.
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:46 am

Days later just as Tsun finally reached a dirt path, he stumbled down the hill... passing a sign that read ‘Argyre.’
Back to top Go down
Inherent

Inherent

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:47 am

[That's all Folks.]
Back to top Go down
Alberio

Alberio

Male Posts : 1609

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:13 am

2SP 1MP 50,000Drachma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Few Days (Solo)   The First Few Days (Solo) Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Few Days (Solo)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1